PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas - What are your merriest For Honor memories?

ChampionRuby50g
12-24-2017, 11:12 PM
It's the morning on December 25th here in Aus, and I just wanna wish all of you from the mods to our community a very Merry Christmas. Hope you have a great time and enjoy your family time, have plenty of drinks and plenty of laughs.

But I want to know, what are your merriest or happiest For Honor memories? For me, it's making a heap of new friends along the way, making many people salty, and the sheer joy of how fun the game was in the first few weeks. Tearing people up as a Valkyrie was lots of fun, and getting her to reputation one was an achievement.

Bl0wH4rd74728
12-25-2017, 01:54 AM
Learning how to properly play as pk. I used to be one of those (we all know what) that would just use light and have no idea what theyre doing. But i stuck with her and found a new friend that trained me how to become a better player. He was my first real friend on psn. As i near then end of my timewith pk i plan on switching to warden or conqueror. Merry Christmas!

Knight_Raime
12-25-2017, 10:43 AM
In game was probably the first 100 to 0 combo I managed with cent. I didn't inf combo him or anything. just overwhelmed him. I knew instantly he was my main.
I still miss him. everytime I play him it feels like i'm slipping an old glove back on.

Out of game it was probably when people actually gave me tons of positive feedback on my mini guides and general centurion feedback/changes.
it makes me so happy to know people actually listen to what I say.

Alustar.
12-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Mine would be getting friend requested by a centurion player right after killing him 3 times back to back in a group of his allies. I had been working for weeks to learn how to deal with Cent on my peacekeeper. To see that pay off and then get congratulated on it made my day. (Also Raime, you and Antonio helped in that regard a lot)

David_gorda
12-25-2017, 06:18 PM
Won a ranked dueling tournament as lvl 3 peacekeeper only spamming lights lol, felt so dirty playing this Broken character.

Stahlrusse
12-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Killing shoulderspamming wardens always feels great. The same goes for lightspamming PKs.

Winning a 1v4 Elimination Round. I was the last one on my team and had a fire bomb still. This was way before the revenge nerf so this was not as hard as it is now. 3 guys jumped me while the fourth one watched thinking this round is already won. I killed all of the 3 guys. Then I popped my bomb on the fourth one and everybody's jaw fell down.
This is rarely happening now though, at best I can get a 1v3 won, if at all.

ChampionRuby50g
12-26-2017, 01:33 AM
In game was probably the first 100 to 0 combo I managed with cent. I didn't inf combo him or anything. just overwhelmed him. I knew instantly he was my main.
I still miss him. everytime I play him it feels like i'm slipping an old glove back on.

Out of game it was probably when people actually gave me tons of positive feedback on my mini guides and general centurion feedback/changes.
it makes me so happy to know people actually listen to what I say.

Was Cent your first proper main, from that moment you 100-0 that player? I know that feeling of instantly knowing “yep, this will be my character”. That was LB for me, before he got his buff and I just started to play really well with his combos and having someone message me saying “you deserve the buff coming your way, other LB players have a lot to learn from you”.

Mine would be getting friend requested by a centurion player right after killing him 3 times back to back in a group of his allies. I had been working for weeks to learn how to deal with Cent on my peacekeeper. To see that pay off and then get congratulated on it made my day. (Also Raime, you and Antonio helped in that regard a lot)

It’s so satisfying seeing the work you put in get results on the battlefield finally, and knowing your hard work is the reason you are now wiping the floor with these players aha.

Knight_Raime
12-26-2017, 01:56 AM
Was Cent your first proper main, from that moment you 100-0 that player? I know that feeling of instantly knowing “yep, this will be my character”. That was LB for me, before he got his buff and I just started to play really well with his combos and having someone message me saying “you deserve the buff coming your way, other LB players have a lot to learn from you”.

It’s so satisfying seeing the work you put in get results on the battlefield finally, and knowing your hard work is the reason you are now wiping the floor with these players aha.

yup. Before centurion was out I was pretty much only playing orochi. I tried playing conq for awhile as well but after he lost his heavy bash inf combo I dropped him. I was bad at the game and couldn't use him beyond that. I dabbled with other heros as well but orochi was my most consistent hero. And that's entirely because he's the only one I played in the beta.

Alustar.
12-26-2017, 01:19 PM

Yeah, this game is very rewarding for players who spend time to improve and adapt their gameplay. I love it

bob333e
12-26-2017, 01:35 PM
It's the morning on December 25th here in Aus, and I just wanna wish all of you from the mods to our community a very Merry Christmas. Hope you have a great time and enjoy your family time, have plenty of drinks and plenty of laughs.

But I want to know, what are your merriest or happiest For Honor memories? For me, it's making a heap of new friends along the way, making many people salty, and the sheer joy of how fun the game was in the first few weeks. Tearing people up as a Valkyrie was lots of fun, and getting her to reputation one was an achievement.

Merry Christmas dude. For me, it was the day I got For Honor. After their crap 'tutorial', went straight into Custom Match, picked Warden, popped 99 rounds against a level 3 Warden bot. Never before had I felt such a great learning curve in a fighting game. It was so satisfying to learn my favourite hero the hard way.

The next planned landmark memory is defeating Apollyon on Realistic, using only deflects, without taking any hits (starts to count after I get rid of her PK and Warden assistants). I'll feel somewhat proud if I achieve that.

ChampionRuby50g
12-26-2017, 11:13 PM
Merry Christmas dude. For me, it was the day I got For Honor. After their crap 'tutorial', went straight into Custom Match, picked Warden, popped 99 rounds against a level 3 Warden bot. Never before had I felt such a great learning curve in a fighting game. It was so satisfying to learn my favourite hero the hard way.

The next planned landmark memory is defeating Apollyon on Realistic, using only deflects, without taking any hits (starts to count after I get rid of her PK and Warden assistants). I'll feel somewhat proud if I achieve that.

Merry Christmas! I’m still hungover and in a food coma from the last few days.
Good too see you are still setting goals in For Honor. If you ever pull that off, let me know. I’ll be interested to hear of your success.

UbiJurassic
12-26-2017, 11:41 PM

A belated Merry Christmas to you as well, ChampionRuby50g! Getting to talk with and engage with this passionate community has been a pleasure, more times than not, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the next year takes this community!

I think my fondest memory was playing on PS4 and having a very fun, engaging Duel with an Orochi. He'd message me in between rounds to compliment a move I had done during a previous round or give me advice on what I could have done to counter him and I would do the same. Always fun to engage with community members like that. :)

bob333e
12-27-2017, 02:14 AM
Merry Christmas! I’m still hungover and in a food coma from the last few days.
Good too see you are still setting goals in For Honor. If you ever pull that off, let me know. I’ll be interested to hear of your success.

Thanks! mine was spent relatively quiet while dealing with an annoying flu, however even flu cannot keep me from sweet food on this special day. And then overnighted a little on some work I had to get rid of. 10/10.
And yeah, I'll definitely be recording gameplay, should I manage to reach that milestone. And I'll be sure to share it once it happens.