PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break from for honors PvP

mrmistark
12-24-2017, 03:55 AM
Lately Iíve stopped playing PvP.

Often times I get on, not even every day but every other day just to do bot battles and complete my orders.

Itís not what you think honestly. This isnít a ďI hate the devs, this game has so many bugs blah blah blahĒ post. Well, I guess it boils down to two complaints:

The first one I guess is sort of the devs fault: Iíve been playing since beta. Yeah, maybe Iím not a ďdedicatedĒ player because I can only invest 2 hours max a day to the game, but even still. Since beta playing nearly every day has gotten me to rep 40. Honestly, thatís just rediculous. I have only 1 with max gear, my rep 9 Kensei. Rep 5 shugoki and highlander, an *** load of rep 3 and 2. I think the only characters not to rep 1 at least are conq, shaman orochi and Shinobi. Now donít get me wrong, if I had dedicated those reps, that could be 5 fully maxed characters, but itís honestly SOO BORING to play the same character over and over to me and the only reason Iím so good when I have literally no joke 350+ at best reaction timing is because Iíve learned the characters in and out by playing them. Iíve been working hard as hell and feel like I donít get anywhere.

Reason 2: honestly, my biggest complaint, this community is SOOO SALTY and spiteful. Everyone seems to be so toxic. You canít just gg anymore. It seems every character just has two tricks that anyone ever bothers with, so fighting has become monotonous. Half the people arenít even skillful and donít even try to mix things up, you just have to deal with their same bs over and over, unless they are Kensei or berserker pretty much. Those are pretty much the only two that actually put in work but sadly are the only two that are stupid easy to counter so they kind of have to. This I understand isnít everyone, but as a collective. Maybe itís just me being between the ďso good I can parry every light on consolĒ and the average player, but I either reem the opponent or get obliterated by someone even the game acknowledges as much higher skill level than me, but I havenít had a good fight in probably months.

I love the game. I really do, but I need a break from it. Iím going to admit, since I just level off of bots for about 30 mins each day I am way less wound up. Not having to deal with people cry every time you beat them is so nice. Iíll come back to the pvp side of the game, but probably not for a while. Thanks for all the help and support everyone.

Saml84
12-24-2017, 04:48 AM
I never really played that much PvP ever since beta just because the sole reason alone that the character balance is just so bad. There are so many mechanics that some characters have like dodge and unlockable attacks that just make some matchups that are just not fair. Not to mention all of the lag, one day this game will get better.

ChampionRuby50g
12-24-2017, 06:32 AM
I never really played that much PvP ever since beta just because the sole reason alone that the character balance is just so bad. There are so many mechanics that some characters have like dodge and unlockable attacks that just make some matchups that are just not fair. Not to mention all of the lag, one day this game will get better.

I don't understand the argument "character balance is so bad so I play against AI". Aren't they still the same characters, just bots? Level 3 bots are as hard to fight and even cheesier than a lot of players, and these bots would utilise these dodge and unblockables a lot more effectively than players too.

zcubed
12-24-2017, 02:40 PM
The connection errors are the main reason I stopped pvp. In mid-execution and players out of sync happens back to gameplay and the opponent I'm executing has health again. Another time battling a player have most of my health, sync happens and the screen is 'locked' but I hear sounds like I'm being hit. When I regain control I'm dead. Another execution, I'm executing and all of the sudden my teammate executes the player I was executing? Other bothers: being parried and it looks like the enemy is just standing there, general lag, disconnects, and pvp only events (the seasonal events should have a pvai option) Matchmaking and the skill widget: says "on par with allies, lower than enemy" okay I'm expecting a difficult fight, nope we end up dominating them. So the widget is a fun 'gimmick' and matchmaking is still bad. Would like to try the ranked modes but with the issues I feel like I would get cheated somehow. The ganking meta also destroys any potential fun. This "strategy" should be strongly discouraged as it is more "cheese" than the heroes moves that people (expletive) about. Playing against just ai is fine for doing my contracts, but the experience gain is only about a third of what you get playing against players. So leveling up is bothersome too. Any multiplayer game is going to have toxic players in the community (worse in ones that have a focus on competitive aspect)

Saml84
12-24-2017, 03:02 PM
I don't understand the argument "character balance is so bad so I play against AI". Aren't they still the same characters, just bots? Level 3 bots are as hard to fight and even cheesier than a lot of players, and these bots would utilise these dodge and unblockables a lot more effectively than players too.
No, Bots don't abuse the same cheesy tactics like a shinobi running constantly or a warlord just sitting by a ledge or even being ganked by a cent and a lawbringer it still is frustrating sometimes but no where near online.

ChampionRuby50g
12-24-2017, 03:15 PM
No, Bots don't abuse the same cheesy tactics like a shinobi running constantly or a warlord just sitting by a ledge or even being ganked by a cent and a lawbringer it still is frustrating sometimes but no where near online.

Yes and no. While they may not do it as much, I still do see bots who run from me when I'm fighting to go to the nearest point, I have seen warlord bots just camp points as well near ledges. But I still see where you are coming from on this one.

bob333e
12-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Would like to try the ranked modes but with the issues I feel like I would get cheated somehow.

Right at the start of the Frost Wind Festival, during the first two days I've done nothing but Ranked Tournament, to unlock a Season 3 Hero Tier Reward which I've long coveted. In Tournament, you'll often have to deal with annoying wait times, both by waiting to match up against players, and by having to wait for individual matches to end so that the tournament brackets advance. Sometimes the tournament brackets will glitch up because of someone who DCed mid-fight, and you'll advance and "win" or "lose" a matchup without even having fought. Also, in Tournament, you'll find players adept at specific cheese mechanics, and players who resort to competitive lagswitching. And the more you lose, the more you're demoted in rank, if you care about your rank/badge (I don't).

If you need a break from PvP, Tournament isn't ideal.

Helnekromancer
12-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Yea I used to play a ton of PvP and played PvAi just so i can max gear Heroes I want to bring or get to know them a little better but overtime, I just couldn't take PvP anymore.

Duel is literally a staring contest unless you have a stupidly fast opener,
Brawl isn't even a real "Brawl",
Elimination is the same annoying honor bound people from Brawl but they brought their friends
Skirmish is gank city, and some salty player will leave and crash the game
Tribute was made for pre-mades
Tournament mode is filled with the most cheesiest players in the game who will resort to lag switching just to win

My only safe haven was Dominion, I didn't like having random idiots thinking it was Skirmish but I just play the objective and try not to die and we somehow win. But I don't know when it started but for some reason whenever I queue up for Dominion it ALWAYS match me up against Pre-made and not any premades the tryhard premades, max gear, either 2 Raiders or 2 Lawbringers, 1 assassin (now it's Shaman) and a Warlord or Conqueror who will sit and stall out until the gank squad arrive. And who I get? Rep 3 and below players who are using Heroes less than rep 1 getting brutally ganked and cheesed around the map, to the point of getting spawn killed and they leave the match. I can hold my own but the odds of winning are slim.

I kept queue-ing up for Dom because I wanted to see if I can just play with other solo players but nope, still run into the same 4-5, 4-man premades. ultimately after getting stressed the f*ck out, I turned to bots, sure they were abit boring but there were times i ran into a lvl 3 bot and it was fun. And when they made all the bots lvl 3 it gotten better, now I queued up with players who wanted to fight these tough opponents to learn and get better at the game overall and games were really close.

When you take out the smug, toxic and, egotistical attitudes out of the Heroes your fighting the game becomes much more enjoyable. I'm not saying I'm perfect gotten communication banned from this game alone atleast 3 times and I've been on a clean streak for atleast over a decade.

But yes I'll take a lvl 3 bot anyday, they don't do the same pattern, they adapt, and they don't get butthurt, ragequit, and crash the game. I can actually go all out and fight this guy without having to worry about hurting his feelings.

AlexHuaTian
12-24-2017, 07:55 PM
I stopped pvp a while back. Learning curve is huge. When the game first started. It was kind of easy. Then people learned how to play and it got really hard really fast. Now I just stick to PVE.

Bots are boring because you know they are bots. I was playing a random game where I got killed by some random player. So naturally, my reaction is to go hunt this guy down. But then I actually read the name carefully and realized it was just a bot. And I wasnt so angry anymore. lol. Its easy for the developers to design a bot that plays well or even better than a human. Since reflexes and understanding of comobs would be instant for a bot.

I always get butthurt lol. I was playing Overwatch and this Mcree killed me. So I gunned for him over and over again. And then I realized the dudes name was Mcree. And only bots have names that have the same exact names as the characters they play. Then I realized I was playing against bots.

Bots do everything that players do. Its all about design. I was playing 2 v 2 against the AI. After a few rounds, the bot doesnt face off against you. And chooses to run towards your team mate so they can 2 v1 your partner.

bannex19
12-24-2017, 07:55 PM
I've stopped PvP mostly as well. I love the game still but man, the "make dlc characters super strong in order to sell the season pass" business model is pretty damn obvious lol.

If there was a vanilla version of PvP I'd prob still do it. The reality is that the shaman and the gladiator have to be a really bad players in order to lose.

I also think pve is pretty fun. I wish campaign would get some love as well as pve modes.

Helnekromancer
12-24-2017, 08:01 PM
I've stopped PvP mostly as well. I love the game still but man, the "make dlc characters super strong in order to sell the season pass" business model is pretty damn obvious lol.

If there was a vanilla version of PvP I'd prob still do it. The reality is that the shaman and the gladiator have to be a really bad players in order to lose.

I also think pve is pretty fun. I wish campaign would get some love as well as pve modes.

Yea i would kill for more campaign missions like with every new dlc Hero released, their lore gets put into the campaign and you playthrough how they effected the war between Vikings/Samurais?Knights. I think they had alot of cool designs and maps in the campaign that we will probably never see in the multiplayer.

bannex19
12-24-2017, 10:44 PM
I mean an open world game with for honor combat would probably ruin my life

Knight_Raime
12-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Yeah personally that is one complaint i've never really voiced. I bounce around heros a lot and only play duels for the most part.
so my amount of time into the game doesn't really look or feel represented. I've never really complained about it though because reps are a good way to show someone's main 9 out of 10 times.
I don't really have a solution. I don't mind too much that I don't have all the fancy gear yet. I just wish time invested was shown and respected a little better.