PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 5 - Map Jam Winter Holidays (Ended)

Ubi-Swaguchi
12-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Seasons greetings Far Cry Map builders!!

Over this holiday period we will be holding a Winter Holidays themed Map Jam! Using the Far Cry 4 map editor, we'd like you to create a festive themed map.

https://sprcdn-assets.sprinklr.com/1261/FC_MapJam_Winter_800x450_V2-70949499-b435-4acd-8a32-7f8ba2bc12de-494227158.jpg

How to participate?

• Publish your FC4 map between December 22nd 2017 and 12th January 2018. Now Ended
• The name of your map should start with "MJ3 – NAMEOFMAP”.
• You are free to use any game mode and any in-game modifier. Please do not use third-party Mods.
• You are free to create on any platform. Note that PC builders and Console builders will be split into 2x separate categories.
• Your map should highlight your vision of what “Winter Holidays” means in Far Cry: either in gameplay, narrative, and/or visual
• You can publish additional screenshots & videos to further promote your map.

Full rules can be found via the links below.

All Languages (Except French) - http://bit.ly/farcry5mapjamrules
French Rules - http://bit.ly/farcry5mapjamrulesFR

How will winners be selected?

We will hold separate contests from the PC builders and the Console builders. At the end of the contest, a selection of FC5 level designers and FC5 map editor developers will look at the maps created and vote for their favorites. The maps that get the most votes will win this Map Jam.

Winners in each contest (PC or Console) will be picked out of the four categories:

Best Level Design
https://static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_level_design%28web%29_296451 .png

Best Graphic
https://static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_graphic%28web%29_296452.png

Best Narrative
https://sprcdn-assets.sprinklr.com/1261/FC5_Map_Jam_Trophy_Narrative_V-e591ff38-0d53-4754-99ff-363a987408f0-430078592.png

Player-Voted Favorite
https://static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_player_choice%28web%29_29645 0.png

Each category winner will receive a bundle of Far Cry 5 exclusive goodies.

https://sprcdn-assets.sprinklr.com/1261/FC5_Map_Jam_3_Rewards-cea3bd26-730b-4f47-8326-11c526bf9816-1298739840.png

Good luck to everyone and happy map building!
The Far Cry Community Team

Fallen-Champ
12-22-2017, 06:48 PM
It's great that you are doing another one of these, good luck everyone, I look forward to playing the maps in January when they are published.

I might try and make something for this just to keep fresh in using the editor.

HorTyS
12-22-2017, 07:10 PM
I might even have to try my hand at this one!

TheSlimReeper
12-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Awesome! Hope this tourney gains good traction like the previous ones. The more people that enter or just comment on this post, the better. Looking forward to everybody's winter wonderlands.

Farcryisdead
12-22-2017, 09:08 PM
Nice :) this will give people a reason to get back in the map editor. xbox guys feel free to show off your map jam maps in the xbox club - FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB. you can post all your fc4 stuff up until fc5 releases.

CZ-BackPa
12-22-2017, 10:08 PM
Czech Republic is not on list :/

Viragoxv535
12-22-2017, 10:40 PM
Good luck map editors :p

AKAFootloose
12-22-2017, 11:21 PM
I believe I will sit this one out and be part of the cheering section this time. I am looking forward to playing the maps as the quality level ramps up every time there is a Map Jam Contest. May the Force be with you!

ImGonaG3tUsucka
12-23-2017, 02:45 AM
Awesome... The holidays are very busy where I work at. Maybe I can squeeze one in.

akilyoung
12-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Good luck contestants!

truesurv1val
12-24-2017, 12:47 AM
Cool, at the moment buzy playing AC: origins (sweet game) but for mj3 will make some time.

Btw merry christmas everyone. Have a good one.

longridr
12-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Can't wait to see what people come up with! This one sounds like fun!

SemperShy
12-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Thanks a lot for hosting another one these you guys! :) Just a suggestion though, I think you should also repost this in the Map Editor section of the forum as well. Personally I check the forums under there most of the time and wouldn't have found out if not for being part of a PS4 community.

Fallen-Champ
12-31-2017, 01:52 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/26236343_2120021094894197_1458093751_o.png?oh=27d2 eeaabdbc98c7c0e1705c0d9b489a&oe=5A4B3686

Is it only one entry per person ?
Already I see two on PC that have 2 maps each - unsure if they are updates or different maps.

Viragoxv535
12-31-2017, 01:59 PM
Of course it'll be one entry per person (otherwise it would be unfair) and if i remember correctly only the last one submitted by same author is validated.

Steve64b
12-31-2017, 08:13 PM
I added some entries to the MapSwapper (http://maps.farcry.eu/?mapname=MJ3):
http://maps.farcry.eu/img.php?map=6229632 (http://maps.farcry.eu/?mapname=MJ3)

DeadZaher89
12-31-2017, 11:28 PM
Hi guys I have some issue.
Iam idiot so I didnt read the rules so I posted two maps and I dont want to cheat another players, but i actually didnt find any way how to delete a map.
I already tried to contact developlers through twitter and gmail, but nobody is responding.
Do you know any way how to let developlers know that i want to put in the competition just one exact map?
Thanks, MarousovoCZ.

Restylex.
01-01-2018, 12:34 PM
I added some entries to the MapSwapper (http://maps.farcry.eu/?mapname=MJ3):
http://maps.farcry.eu/img.php?map=6229632 (http://maps.farcry.eu/?mapname=MJ3)

LOL steve 64GB :) nice picture

Ubi-Salvenius
01-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Iam idiot so I didnt read the rules so I posted two maps and I dont want to cheat another players, but i actually didnt find any way how to delete a map.
I already tried to contact developlers through twitter and gmail, but nobody is responding.
Do you know any way how to let developlers know that i want to put in the competition just one exact map?
Thanks, MarousovoCZ.

Hey MarousovoCZ,

Apologies for not responding but as you can imagine, with the holidays in swing, some of the studios close over the festive period. Once everyone is back in tomorrow, I'll have a chat to see what can be done.

It is greatly appreciated that you came to us about the situation, so thank you for that :)

Alpha_sgt_14
01-02-2018, 01:42 PM
I'm a few days late on this but I will be entering a special little map ;)
MJ3 tho, this is going to be an awesome one!

Alpha_sgt_14
01-02-2018, 09:56 PM
So I just want to clarify this now because I always forget to ask until the last second. So the contest is from the 22nd of December to the 12th of January. Is the due date the midnight of the 12th or the midnight of the 11th?

Billsandthrills
01-05-2018, 08:06 PM
"The Competition will begin 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“EST”) on December 22nd 2017 and will end at 11:59 PM EST on January 12th 2018" (Taken directly from Map Jam Official Rules document)

Billsandthrills
01-05-2018, 09:51 PM
Just uploaded "MJ3-Save North Pole" on PC. The map is as it sounds- the North Pole has been invaded by Arctic pirates and it is your task to liberate it. Be sure not to hit any reindeer! Check out the map and give any feed back. Greatly appreciate it!

DeadZaher89
01-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Just uploaded "MJ3-Save North Pole" on PC. The map is as it sounds- the North Pole has been invaded by Arctic pirates and it is your task to liberate it. Be sure not to hit any reindeer! Check out the map and give any feed back. Greatly appreciate it!
Sounds cool I will play it tommorow

Alpha_sgt_14
01-06-2018, 03:26 AM
"The Competition will begin 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“EST”) on December 22nd 2017 and will end at 11:59 PM EST on January 12th 2018" (Taken directly from Map Jam Official Rules document)

Haha, probably should have read that. Thanks tho, now I feel dumb...

Buhrp2
01-07-2018, 05:23 PM
I can't wait to show you guys my map for this contest! No worries, it's coming soon!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/355864758328623104/399403419267497995/MJ3.png?width=1125&height=633

Viragoxv535
01-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Is it Far Cry or Minecraft :rolleyes:

Ubi-Salvenius
01-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Thanks, MarousovoCZ.

After some deliberation, we have decided that we will accept your latest map entry, MJ3 - Town. :)

To everyone else and to clarify:

Yes, just like MJ2, we will only accept ONE map entry per person. Of course exceptions might be made upon a case by case basis. What this means is, is that if you do submit multiple maps and alert us by contacting our community inbox (farcrycommunity@ubisoft.com) stating the situation and letting us know the map you wish to enter into the Map Jam, then we will take that into consideration.

If you don't contact us between the Map Jam dates of Dec 22nd - Jan 12th regarding a multiple map submission then unfortunately you will no longer be able to progress through the Map Jam but as always we do appreciate and hope you enjoy creating the maps as that is what Map Jam is all about.

Regarding multiple versions of the same map - There is no need to worry, we will take the LATEST uploaded version into consideration

Hope that clears things up a little :)

DeadZaher89
01-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Thanks a lot

Roman_Zer0
01-09-2018, 01:12 AM
Hello fellow designers!

Gearing up for this map jam (my first and my first in this editor), Just a little exploratory map, short and sweet. I was learning the editor so I went for a more organic flow, not perfect, far from it, but I tried to make it pretty at least. Have fun!

MJ3 - HolidayCrasher

The holidays will not be the same without you...
When your helicopter crashes, you Find yourself stranded in the late winter thaw. You must survive to reach the warmth of the holidays! But do take some time to enjoy the majesty of nature.

4 vignettes
Solo
Easy
Exploration
Artistic

Some issues I have seen, the particle effects for the water falls turns black sometimes ruining the look. Some of the AI is off and as far as I can tell its some sort of issue with certain assets and pathfinding. Issue with explosion at start, sometimes it blows some times it doesn't, I worked until I am fairly certain it will not kill you but about 4% of the time lol, Just hit S at start and look up.....Lots of little tweaks and edits need to be made.

Screenshots (https://imgur.com/a/QqKnV)

Viragoxv535
01-09-2018, 01:28 AM
Please move to imgur if you have issues with your hosting.

Fallen-Champ
01-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Gearing up for this map jam (my first and my first in this editor), Just a little exploratory map, short and sweet. I was learning the editor so I went for a more organic flow, not perfect, far from it, but I tried to make it pretty at least. Have fun!

MJ3 - HolidayCrasher
That is a beautiful looking map, really nice nature theme with the animals & setting, was a pleasure to walk around and look at things, also liked viewing the area where you initially spawn from the helicopter.

If that is your 1st map in the FC4 editor then Holy Sh1t you will be one to watch in FC5 ;)

Roman_Zer0
01-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Hey, thanks so much for the kind words and taking the time to play. I am so glad you to spent a few minutes looking around, I hope others do and not just bee line for the extraction point, they would miss so much. I would love to be considered for best Graphics but I have a feeling competition will be fierce. Again thank you for the play through and taking the time to look around. Glad you found it appealing. If you have any friends that play if you could get them to poke it with a stick and give me some feedback, good or bad it would be much appreciated, and a "Thumbs up" at the end would be doubly appreciated! Thanks

Alpha_sgt_14
01-11-2018, 02:42 PM
I'll be releasing my map here tomorrow. It's pretty much finished but I'm going through and polishing everything. I had a little less time to make what I initially envisioned but I guess this small map will do. MJ3 - Hunter's Cabin (Coming Tomorrow on PC).

impressionman76
01-12-2018, 01:16 AM
I need to bring this to Ubisoft's attention. In the last 2 days I have notice all but 1 map's ratings took a nose dive. Two days ago my map MJ3 - Black Friday was over 4 stars as well as several others were around 4 stars. The the user TheGamingLemette entered and all but his map's ratings dropped to 3 stars. He then sent me a message saying "I will win this" I posted this message on the far cry map community showing his message and the before and after results. My friends and I left him dislikes and he dropped. But later on everyone's ratings dropped more and his improved. I googled and found out 1 person without that much work can create up to 16 accounts. I would ask if Ubisoft can check on this. I read the contest rules and this would be a violation of conduct. I have pictures of his messages he sent me and what the ratings were before and after. I just need to figure out how to post them on here from my playing station. Can you tell me how to do this? I also republished my map with the hopes he would not see it overnight. I wake up to see it with 4 plays and under 1 star and this is before the map goes on 'new maps'

AKAFootloose
01-12-2018, 01:26 AM
It does sound like some shenanigans going on and should be looked into but as far as I know the "Ratings" have no impact on the Map Jam contest.

impressionman76
01-12-2018, 01:32 AM
He will win the people's choice. Sadly. However, If ubisoft judges on most favorites instead of star ratings that might be a more fair way to go. Leave hate out of it. The map in question is MJ3 -FreedomVillage. You can also go to the the Far Cry Map Community and see one of his IDs post a response, essentially admitting that he is using many IDs to unfairly change the outcome of the contest to his favor. I would love to post pics to show this... I just can't figure out how to do this from my PS4.

impressionman76
01-12-2018, 02:12 AM
PS I would like to go with my original entry for my one MJ3 entry, I only republished because of this problem. My entry is MJ3 - Black Friday. Thank you

AKAFootloose
01-12-2018, 03:26 AM
From the rules...

the ‘Player-Voted favorite’ category, we will run a poll with a shortlist of the best entries. The date of poll will be announced soon.

The Far Cry Community Team

impressionman76
01-12-2018, 03:51 AM
Well that is music to my ears. OK then the creator of FreedomVillage just wasted a lot of time trolling all the entries! lol!! He is in for a surprise when he doesn't win by cheating! Nice. Most of my friends still think that star ratings are the how people's choice is won like last time. I am glad they are doing it this way instead. Thanks for the info! I will let my friends know. They will be pleased.

Fallen-Champ
01-12-2018, 08:14 AM
You can screen capture an image on PS4 then transfer that image to a flash drive onto a PC and upload from there.

impressionman76
01-12-2018, 08:29 AM
Thanks Fallen-Champ! That is good to know, for future reference. Unless Ubisoft wants to check into this anyway. All this user did is piss off the entire PS4 map community! I have never seen so much trolling in a short period. Impressive.

Jaavaa
01-12-2018, 10:03 AM
It is clear that the ratings are adulterated. You have done well to publish this info and even more if you have evidence. I know a priori that the number of stars can separate good maps from worse ones, but since the publication of FC4, many of the maps with more stars were jacksepticeye, not elaborate maps. I hope that FC5 has a way to evaluate more clearly and less troll.

Ubi-Salvenius
01-12-2018, 11:41 AM
I need to bring this to Ubisoft's attention. In the last 2 days I have notice all but 1 map's ratings took a nose dive. Two days ago my map MJ3 - Black Friday was over 4 stars as well as several others were around 4 stars. The the user TheGamingLemette entered and all but his map's ratings dropped to 3 stars. He then sent me a message saying "I will win this" I posted this message on the far cry map community showing his message and the before and after results. My friends and I left him dislikes and he dropped. But later on everyone's ratings dropped more and his improved. I googled and found out 1 person without that much work can create up to 16 accounts. I would ask if Ubisoft can check on this. I read the contest rules and this would be a violation of conduct. I have pictures of his messages he sent me and what the ratings were before and after. I just need to figure out how to post them on here from my playing station. Can you tell me how to do this? I also republished my map with the hopes he would not see it overnight. I wake up to see it with 4 plays and under 1 star and this is before the map goes on 'new maps'

Just to note, we are aware of this and I personally have been keeping an eye upon it since I was playing some of the PS4 maps yesterday.

First and foremost, this kind of behaviour is not tolerated. Map Jam is meant to be a fun creative outlet for you folks, along with exposing talent of the community and most of all bring attention to new and upcoming map makers as well as the veterans. Rewards are incentives and are our way of saying thank you for being awesome.

Regarding how the Player Choice will be dealt with. We won't be using a poll, so we'll use the in-game ratings (That was a typo from using a template, so apologies for that ). I will not state how we pick for the player choice awards but I can state that it's a variety of factors.

As mentioned, we'll be keeping an eye on this situation. If you wish to send us your evidence, then please can you email it to the farcrycommunity inbox (Email is in the first post) that way we can certainly investigate and decide upon the next steps.

impressionman76
01-12-2018, 01:22 PM
I am having trouble getting my playstation to read my flash drive. I don't want to re-formatt it, I have files saved on there... I just want to transfer a few pics to it.... arggg. Anyway, I posted everything I would have sent you on the 'Far Cry Map Editor' Community that Stigeven has set up. I think every bit of proof I have and screen shot pics of the ratings is there too. You will see the drop in ratings. You will also see a lot of frustrated mappers, seeing their high effort map's ratings butchered in the last 2 days too. It is sad that this has happened. Before this I was very much enjoying and leaving likes to the many great entries, I continued to do so, even more so trying to combat TheGamingLimette's trolling efforts. Thanks again for hosting this contest, it is unfortunate that this last two days had occurred.

Buhrp2
01-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Is it Far Cry or Minecraft :rolleyes:

"Far Craft"

Buhrp2
01-12-2018, 04:12 PM
https://youtu.be/f5DmXgZpvwc

Official Details for PC:

Map Name: MJ3 - A Ski Trip

Username: Buhrp2

DeadZaher89
01-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Hi guys,
I've just posted the final version of MJ3-town.
Hope you like it and I will be happy of your feedback for my.I have been improving the map thanks to LazyMapper-he has youtoube channel.
Your task is to liberate outpoust (you better be stealth).
There are weapons hidden in the map and I newly added a small building based of greece architecture.
Good luck with your maps.
MarousovoCZ

Skrap98
01-14-2018, 03:32 AM
Hey guys, i decied to give map jam 3 a go. I saw the event a bit to late but i tried my best to crate a map in just 2,5 days. I introduce you "INFILTRATED" , you start in the back o a truck with your goal being to cause maythem and chaos (or be stealthy its your choice). The map has more than 5 infiltration methods you can use. Remember to look for flares and stacked stones as they indicate that loot is nearby.I could make tha map much much better if i had the time. Be aware that the map is extremely hard, even i didnt manage to go guns blazing and win, the stealth option is much harder tho. The map is pretty heavy on budget so you probably gonna need a decent/gaming pc to run it smoothly. My framerate sometimes drops on 40 on a 1000 euros pc :p Have fun and if you fail once try again every time you will discover something new!.
This is the trailer of the map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5qoVfhQQYA&feature=youtu.be

longridr
01-14-2018, 11:06 AM
Here's a playlist of the play-throughs i did for the Xbox one maps if you want to see them in action ;) (Fallen Champ has done videos on them too, so if you just need a second look these might be the vids for you .)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqAFSBufmkWd-630TCvqvu1eI6lMHRpT

JimmyBob3600
01-15-2018, 12:48 AM
When are we going to know who the winners are. And how are the winners going to be contacted?

Ubi-Salvenius
01-17-2018, 12:38 PM
When are we going to know who the winners are. And how are the winners going to be contacted?

That all depends on the devs but hopefully sometime this week or next week. Winners will be contacted by a member of the Community Team and by PM via the forums. If it's not possible to contact by forum PM then quite possibly we will look into contacting winners via the farcrycommunity email.

Restylex.
01-17-2018, 10:07 PM
Here are all the PS4 Enterings :) !!

https://youtu.be/dri4ArWzqx0

https://youtu.be/3WGM8Wvg0Yc

https://youtu.be/Zo2V7ssA_kQ

https://youtu.be/QFRNeHxP55I

https://youtu.be/-8XCL7G6NLA

Got the map names /creator places on youtube linked with the time, to search the map up easy :D

S0GGY.
01-18-2018, 12:43 AM
any word on the honorable mentions and feedback from last map jam? it was mentioned but never posted (to my knowledge.)

Alpha_sgt_14
01-18-2018, 01:23 AM
any word on the honorable mentions and feedback from last map jam? it was mentioned but never posted (to my knowledge.)

I'm afraid nothing has been said about that man. I'm not too sure what happened but I best guess would be that they didnt have time to go back. Seeing how FC5 was delayed for a month they might be crunching for time and some stuff was probably left on the cutting room floor.

Fallen-Champ
01-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Good job on the videos Restylex.;)

Restylex.
01-18-2018, 04:53 PM
Good job on the videos Restylex.;)

Thank you Fallen-Champ . Next Mapjam i will try to take over the clips for the PS4, i've you don't mind. You are doing a lot of work viewing all platforms. Much respect for that, showing what the overall community got to offer.

Fallen-Champ
01-18-2018, 06:18 PM
Next Mapjam i will try to take over the clips for the PS4, i've you don't mind
If you can cover ALL the PS4 Entries I could pick out just the ones which are my favorites and do some proper reviews rather than playing all of them and just showing sections of maps or not completing them.

Skrap98
01-20-2018, 11:38 AM
Isnt 25th of month the date of annoucement?

Restylex.
01-20-2018, 05:15 PM
Yeah not a problem Fallen-Champ :) . Your doing a lot for the community on all platforms. I know it cost a lot of time to capture and release a clip. comment was just to help you out :D

Restylex.
01-20-2018, 05:20 PM
@t Ubisoft community managers : I noticed during recording of the MJ3 maps that there are two map listings to be search by the browser . Search map name : MJ3 and Search map name : MJ3-
for the ps 4 . i've you only fill in MJ3 you don't find all the enterings :( and visa versa

Greetings, Restylex

Viragoxv535
01-20-2018, 05:24 PM
That is a database query issue.

UbiSkyBear
01-25-2018, 10:31 PM
Isnt 25th of month the date of annoucement?

Apologies for the delay! We are looking at announcing the Map Jam winners sometime next week. Stay tuned. :)

LEGOParadise
02-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Hi

Congratulations to all of the winners so far! I was wondering if anyone at Ubisoft could clear something up about the Best Narrative category...

In the Far Cry livestream on January 26th, the winners were announced for Best Graphic, Best Level Design, and Best Gameplay categories, and the hosts said that the Player Choice category would be announced at a later date. Is Best Gameplay an additional category, and if so, when will the Best Narrative winners be announced? The first post on this thread and the official rules document state that the winners will be picked out of four categories: Best Level Design, Best Graphic, Best Narrative, and Player Choice.

I would appreciate some clarification, since when I was designing my map, I focused on including a narrative and story to the level, because of the Best Narrative category which I am now unsure whether it will still be announced.

Thank you

NicktatorshipYT
03-10-2018, 12:59 PM
I am worried because I am one of the winners, but havent received any additional information via email or forums PM
This is the winner of the best graphics category - NicktatorshipYT