PDA

View Full Version : IMO there’s a huge problem with tribute

TehOmega101
12-22-2017, 04:35 AM
So I took like a 4 month break from this game because the issues it had were so infuriatingly bad and the dev team seemed to be incapable of fixing anything. I’ve decided to try the game out again and idk if this has been already discusssd or not but I feel like tribute is fundimentally broken for one simple reason. I do quite enjoy the game mode and I think it is by a huge margin better than any other 4v4 mode.

I can’t help but notice that the game is designed for huge comebacks. I think the idea behind it was to be a game mode that is not only fun to play, but fun to watch. And since FH is trying to get into the e sports business, I applaud that. Very well designed mode.

There is however one fatal flaw I keep seeing time and time again. And tha ‘‘tis the extended respawn timer. It basically means that the only time that counts is the last minute of the game. Because the game punishes you for being a good team. If you are well coordinated, working together, or just plain outclassing your enemies, you get punished with a huge wait time when you die.

So what I keep seeing in almost every game is one team has 2 offerings and the other has none (the third one is in highly disputed territory). So the team with 2 offerings gets penalized with a higher respawn time. The losing team gets a huge advantage and once the timer is almost gone, it is usually that team to win because they were able to put spawn the better team.

I think that you should take the respawn penalty out. That would keep the potential for huge upsets without rewarding bad teams. Because right now, the best thing to do is hoard the tributes near your spawn and defend them till the timer gets low and then place them all at the last second. The benefits of having a tribute are not nearly good enough to warrant a 22 second respawn time...

Charmzzz
12-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Do not agree. When I go Tribute with my boys we mostly win with 3 offerings in under 4 minutes. Having defense and attack buffs means alot.

The_B0G_
12-22-2017, 09:44 AM
I gave tribute an honest try, it's just not my cup of tea.

The back and forth style gameplay comes across as more annoying than exciting for me.

I doubt any mode will topple Dominion until they finally give us Siege mode.

Alustar.
12-22-2017, 12:41 PM
The respawn timers are the only thing that keep teams from train rolling you with gank squads. If you take that out you are going to wind up with skirmish inside your tribute just like what is happening with dominion already, thanks to it being thrown into the same group as elimination.