PDA

View Full Version : Tribute wait time is so freaking dumb

Mtcmnkk
12-22-2017, 02:45 AM
Why do I get a +10 second death penalty when I have the 3 best overall and 2 best team score in the game. In addition I had the most takedowns. It was towards the end of the game, at a critical point. The enemy team managed to kill three of us, steal and claim two offerings, while I had to sit out for 23 seconds. This is so unbelievably dumb, it like you get punished for playing good. This game mode has the potential to be the best 4v4 game mode but way too many fights are 3v1 instead of 3v3 solely because of the stupid wait time. If I wanted to wait half a day to play again I would play search and destroy on COD.

Vakris_One
12-22-2017, 03:14 AM
It's so that a team can have a chance to bounce back and less chance of a one sided steam roll. For every offering your team holds your respawn timers will be increased by a couple seconds. With 3 offerings your respawn times will take the longest and with no offerings your respawn times are the shortest. This also feels like it was designed to encourage defending your base if you have 2 offerings and working as a team to avoid being outnumbered in ganking situatiins.

Alustar.
12-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Sounds like you and your hand should coordinate better. Tribute stresses team composition and coordinating far more than any other game mode. You have to be ready to deny executions and assist offering runners just as much as you have to call objectives kill. Arguably more so. If what you want is fast, constant and mindless action, you might just want to think about gong back to COD.

Mtcmnkk
12-22-2017, 10:23 PM
It's so that a team can have a chance to bounce back and less chance of a one sided steam roll. For every offering your team holds your respawn timers will be increased by a couple seconds. With 3 offerings your respawn times will take the longest and with no offerings your respawn times are the shortest. This also feels like it was designed to encourage defending your base if you have 2 offerings and working as a team to avoid being outnumbered in ganking situatiins.

Designed to defend your own base maybe. But punishing teams to make it not one sided is one of the dumbest things I've heard for a video game

Mtcmnkk
12-22-2017, 10:30 PM
Sounds like you and your hand should coordinate better. Tribute stresses team composition and coordinating far more than any other game mode. You have to be ready to deny executions and assist offering runners just as much as you have to call objectives kill. Arguably more so. If what you want is fast, constant and mindless action, you might just want to think about gong back to COD.

Coordinating.......... Coordinating in for Honor... LOL. Denying executions to help your teammates!? What game are you playing cause it's not the for Honor I play. Where in my post did I mention mind numbing action, you constantly assume/ put words in other peoples posts.

Edited by UbiInsulin

UbiInsulin
12-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Let's focus on the topic at hand rather than continue to flame. It's true that Tribute requires a bit more team coordination & communication than other game modes, but that doesn't mean that we won't take feedback on the respawn timer.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts so far. I'd like to keep this thread open for discussion!

ChampionRuby50g
12-22-2017, 10:56 PM
Coordinating.......... Coordinating in for Honor... LOL. Denying executions to help your teammates!? What game are you playing cause it's not the for Honor I play. Where in my post did I mention mind numbing action, you constantly assume/ put words in other peoples posts.

Edited by UbiInsulin

So if you see your teammate been executed, you'll do nothing? Because that's what you are implying. Deny an exectution to help your teammate respawn quicker. It's not rocket science. I also don't know what's so LOL worthy about coordination in For Honor. It's true that if you want the best chance to win, in ANY game mode, you should coordinate. Why else does everyone say pre-made teams have the best chance on winning? Coordination of course. You certainly aren't playing the For Honor the rest of us are playing if you think opposite of those points.

bob333e
12-22-2017, 10:59 PM
For me personally, I mostly play Tribute in PvAI, and before patch 1.17 it was often against level 3 bots. It was challenging, and when I was winning, I tend to reduce fighting, and attack enemy bots from the back when they're busy with another bot, so as to not risk dying and having to wait 20+ seconds to respawn. If I'm winning and I'm forced to guard a shrine and two level 3 bots show up, gg. Here comes the 20+ secs respawn. And by then, we lose at least 1 offering.

Another issue is the friendly fire. Oftentimes I find it difficult to guard a shrine when an enemy bot is grabbing the offering, and a friendly bot is fighting another enemy bot right in front of the shrine. I want to attack that bot grabbing the offering like, "dammit, gimme some space, lemme through! I'm saving us! -- NO! Don't ruin my GB! stop hitting my back!!" :p pretty sure this is all too common in PvP, but I avoid the PvP Tribute because the idea of facing premades with a random team is... unappealing. Tried it when Tribute was still new, and it was Every Man For Himself. Was more of a skirmish of sorts, including stealing stuff and placing it in our shrines, but 1 tiny hit from anything and you drop it. It was tedious.

It's understandable that the dynamic respawn delay prevents steamrolling scenarios, but then again, this is a valid concern that a skillful team playing it tactical are being punished upon death.

In my opinion, I suggest to have the respawn delay be based on more variables, than just how many offerings a team is holding. For example, if for instance, my team has 3 offerings, and a teammate dies by ledging, if this teammate did 6 blocks for example, his respawn delay isn't hugely penalized, because he did teamwork effort. It could be based on if the winning team are really holding the shrines, or just planting the offerings and then roaming around scoring cheap kills.

Another thing would be, if my team is holding 3 offerings, and we successfully guarded them for 2mins straight without one offering having been stolen, the losing team gets a 1min buff window. They get boosted defense and attack to increase their chances at stealing an offering. I think this is better than penalizing the winning team with unnecessarily long respawns.

Another issue is the uneven sprinting speed across heroes, when they carry offerings. If I'm Shugoki and I just killed an enemy guy who was carrying an offering, and there was no one else there, I would naturally pick it up and head for a shrine. Shugoki with an offering is tediously slow and at a huge disadvantage. This is probably the worst example but, still, it kinda sells the point.

Just some thoughts.

Mtcmnkk
12-23-2017, 01:01 AM
So if you see your teammate been executed, you'll do nothing? Because that's what you are implying. Deny an exectution to help your teammate respawn quicker. It's not rocket science. I also don't know what's so LOL worthy about coordination in For Honor. It's true that if you want the best chance to win, in ANY game mode, you should coordinate. Why else does everyone say pre-made teams have the best chance on winning? Coordination of course. You certainly aren't playing the For Honor the rest of us are playing if you think opposite of those points.

No, denying your own execution to help a friend. If he meant you have to be ready to to deny an enemies execution than I would say that pretty much goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway since it seems like there is confusion... No spit!? You're supposed to prevent your enemy from executing your teammates? Crap I guess that's why I keep losing games.

Coordination. This isn't mlg. Everyone does their own thing which is fine and why I lol'd when he mentioned it. Yes the vast majority of players will protect the defending"flag" carrier but that's about as far as it goes

ChampionRuby50g
12-23-2017, 02:23 AM
No, denying your own execution to help a friend. If he meant you have to be ready to to deny an enemies execution than I would say that pretty much goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway since it seems like there is confusion... No spit!? You're supposed to prevent your enemy from executing your teammates? Crap I guess that's why I keep losing games.

Coordination. This isn't mlg. Everyone does their own thing which is fine and why I lol'd when he mentioned it. Yes the vast majority of players will protect the defending"flag" carrier but that's about as far as it goes

I mean, you where complaining about respawn times, been executed ads on at least another 3 seconds. Guess it does go without saying that every second counts and helping teammates with that effects how quickly they can get back into the action and fighting. It all helps you win.

Doesn't have to be MLG, but wouldn't one think if you wanted to win you'd still coordinate with your team mates? You don't have to be a pro to work in a team lol.

Vakris_One
12-23-2017, 02:26 AM
Designed to defend your own base maybe. But punishing teams to make it not one sided is one of the dumbest things I've heard for a video game
I would say it's something that truly seperates a team of really good players from a team of bad players. You can still steamroll in this mode if everybody on your team knows what they're doing and are good fighters both in 1v1s and acting as backup when you have an enemy outnumbered, i.e. they know how to gank efficiently and avoid giving them revenge unnecessarily. However it asks you to work for your victory till the very end rather than secure enough points and then you can pretty much sleep through the match till the end.

I play with random teams because I'm billy no mates but I've had plenty of times where our team was capable of securing all three offerings and winning the match in short order against a disorganised team or one where the individual players keep losing to us in singular 1v1s, 1v2s, 2v1s, etc. Matches that become one sided very quickly and where there is no coming back for one side are boring as all hell to play in my opinion - from both sides. It's one of Dominion's key problems in fact.

I think Tribute offers a more interesting and dynamic battle specifically because you cannot just coast through after securing an insurmountable lead. There's always a chance the enemy team can rebound if you drop the ball.

Mtcmnkk
12-23-2017, 02:59 AM
I mean, you where complaining about respawn times, been executed ads on at least another 3 seconds. Guess it does go without saying that every second counts and helping teammates with that effects how quickly they can get back into the action and fighting. It all helps you win.

Doesn't have to be MLG, but wouldn't one think if you wanted to win you'd still coordinate with your team mates? You don't have to be a pro to work in a team lol.

Will I guess ur right. This thread would be totally worthless if I was complaining about three seconds instead of 10-15

ChampionRuby50g
12-23-2017, 04:43 AM
Will I guess ur right. This thread would be totally worthless if I was complaining about three seconds instead of 10-15

Hence why I said at least another 3 seconds. Some executions are longer than others, thus making the time you have to wait to respawn even longer. So instead of 3, it could be 6 or 7.
No need to be such a smart *** about everything.

Alustar.
12-23-2017, 11:54 AM
the fact that you think being a coordinated team is a trait exclusive to mlg says more than I could ever how to. You and everyone in a party has the option to use mics to voice chat and communicate to win. The fact that you aren't doing so is no one else's fault, and if you are going to commit to that mentality, you deserve to lose every match you go into.