PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi kick no longer punishable?

MassiveD.
12-21-2017, 11:24 PM
Just fought a shinobi that spammed kick and light afterwards, GB was interrupted every single time.

So how to counter??

Devils-_-legacy
12-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Block the light when he does dodge gb o

RiceComboA
12-22-2017, 01:15 AM
I don't think it was ever punishable as far as I know. They could always counter GB, and it's always risky to throw out an attack of your own after dodging the kick.

It's always preferable to punish before the kick, or react to him after the kick.

Most of them have a habit of throwing a heavy even after you dodge the kick. Parry, punish, profit.

Erhanninja
12-22-2017, 12:05 PM
As far as my understanding you have 2 options:

ou need to step back or side ways when you see the kick and counter. He might not kick but just dash forward so you need to wait. I keep messing the timing myself. You can always trade if you want.

Can Shinobi feint the attack after the kick or does it have to go through? Not sure about this.

Charmzzz
12-22-2017, 12:53 PM
As far as my understanding you have 2 options:

ou need to step back or side ways when you see the kick and counter. He might not kick but just dash forward so you need to wait. I keep messing the timing myself. You can always trade if you want.

Can Shinobi feint the attack after the kick or does it have to go through? Not sure about this.

He can feint the followup after Kick if he uses a Heavy. If he uses a Light - no feinting possible.

I do not get the OP's message right, does he dodge the Kick or does he get hit? If Shinobi hits with Kick a double Light is guaranteed or one Heavy alternatively. If you dodge the Kick you should get a Light before he can throw his if you time it correctly as a missed Kick has some recovery time on it. If you are playing an Assassins just do a dodge-attack as it will always hit him before he can do anything.

MassiveD.
12-22-2017, 01:05 PM
He can feint the followup after Kick if he uses a Heavy. If he uses a Light - no feinting possible.

I do not get the OP's message right, does he dodge the Kick or does he get hit? If Shinobi hits with Kick a double Light is guaranteed or one Heavy alternatively. If you dodge the Kick you should get a Light before he can throw his if you time it correctly as a missed Kick has some recovery time on it. If you are playing an Assassins just do a dodge-attack as it will always hit him before he can do anything.

I dodge the kick every single time, but it's no longer possible to punish, before you could just GB

The_B0G_
12-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Before his health buff I used to just trade while the kick was coming in, now that his health is higher I use dodge attacks if possible, with highlander I use Celtic curse, most Shinobi take off running after being hit with that.