PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...

vgrimr_J
12-21-2017, 01:57 PM
with this new skill system i have seen a HUGE increase in laggers(before patch all connections were good for me) i have not played a single game after the latest patch without laggers and micro stuttering on top of all that im playing against US players when im from EU making things even worse. anyone experiencing this? :confused:

Jarl.Felix
12-21-2017, 02:13 PM
No. Even stability droped like ****.

Temjinyuy
12-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Yes!

Last night was horrible every game had red bars everywhere. i got really paranoid about my connection but my friends were having the same issue.

i saw the typical Italian Colours on Emblems only to find they were Mexicans instead and yet Region was set to Strict?? (im From the UK Btw)

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:20 PM
with this new skill system i have seen a HUGE increase in laggers(before patch all connections were good for me) i have not played a single game after the latest patch without laggers and micro stuttering on top of all that im playing against US players when im from EU making things even worse. anyone experiencing this? :confused:

From the patch 1.17 notes:

General Matchmaking Updates

Reputation relaxation parameters will be updated with more reputation buckets. The objective with this is to have better granularity regarding Reputation Matchmaking. (i.e. this should give players more accurate matchups before relaxing to all buckets).

Skill values for Matchmaking will be rebalanced. This concerns all unranked modes. Your first matches after this change is applied are likely to match you against a wider variety of players than you would normally expect for your skill level. During this short period the Skill Comparison on the Face Off screen will be inaccurate as well. After these first few (10-20) matches the system will realign you to your proper Skill rating. The objective of this rebalancing is to allow people returning to the game after some time away to not find themselves steamrolled in matches with much more skilled players.

So yeah, they've relaxed the matchmaking brackets, now we connect with even more players, and since P2P is still faulty at best, we're more likely connect with even more laggy players with red NAT and disconnect icons.

Crossing fingers for dedicated servers.

vgrimr_J
12-21-2017, 05:59 PM
From the patch 1.17 notes:

General Matchmaking Updates

Reputation relaxation parameters will be updated with more reputation buckets. The objective with this is to have better granularity regarding Reputation Matchmaking. (i.e. this should give players more accurate matchups before relaxing to all buckets).

Skill values for Matchmaking will be rebalanced. This concerns all unranked modes. Your first matches after this change is applied are likely to match you against a wider variety of players than you would normally expect for your skill level. During this short period the Skill Comparison on the Face Off screen will be inaccurate as well. After these first few (10-20) matches the system will realign you to your proper Skill rating. The objective of this rebalancing is to allow people returning to the game after some time away to not find themselves steamrolled in matches with much more skilled players.

So yeah, they've relaxed the matchmaking brackets, now we connect with even more players, and since P2P is still faulty at best, we're more likely connect with even more laggy players with red NAT and disconnect icons.

Crossing fingers for dedicated servers.

this sounds nice and all on patch notes but since im really high on reputation levels its more like a nightmare to play this game now i dont go against same skill players i just go against low levels with poor connection. playing a game for long seems more like a curse to me. i have played well over 20 games now and (sorry for boasting) im 95% of the time higher than my team and enemy(before this patch i had matches where i was "on par" or "slighty higher" but now its just poor connections and low levels all over the place, its not fun anymore its more like stomping. to me it seems like all the good players are just fed up to this game and quit. :(

bob333e
12-21-2017, 06:05 PM
this sounds nice and all on patch notes but since im really high on reputation levels its more like a nightmare to play this game now i dont go against same skill players i just go against low levels with poor connection. playing a game for long seems more like a curse to me. i have played well over 20 games now and (sorry for boasting) im 95% of the time higher than my team and enemy(before this patch i had matches where i was "on par" or "slighty higher" but now its just poor connections and low levels all over the place, its not fun anymore its more like stomping. to me it seems like all the good players are just fed up to this game and quit. :(

I relate, I don't like facing newbies, and particularly laggy newbies. It's the worst PvP experience.

You're not boasting, you made a very good point. If anything, maybe Ranked Duel can help a bit... generally it's skilled people who go play Ranked. Although, you'll still find competitive lagswitchers, and people who are adept at abusing specific mechanics.

I really hope the dedicated servers won't take too long.

vgrimr_J
12-21-2017, 06:12 PM
I relate, I don't like facing newbies, and particularly laggy newbies. It's the worst PvP experience.

You're not boasting, you made a very good point. If anything, maybe Ranked Duel can help a bit... generally it's skilled people who go play Ranked. Although, you'll still find competitive lagswitchers, and people who are adept at abusing specific mechanics.

I really hope the dedicated servers won't take too long.

yeah. i play on xbox and the the worst newbies are ara players who are lagging its so much fun to take ghost hits and just die without seeing any indicators.

i really do hope that dedicated servers come soon. didnt have time to test them because of xmas plans and stuff.
sadly i cant find any games on ranked duels since its low activity and last time i tried it took almost an hour que after i gave up

bob333e
12-21-2017, 06:27 PM
yeah. i play on xbox and the the worst newbies are ara players who are lagging its so much fun to take ghost hits and just die without seeing any indicators.

i really do hope that dedicated servers come soon. didnt have time to test them because of xmas plans and stuff.
sadly i cant find any games on ranked duels since its low activity and last time i tried it took almost an hour que after i gave up

Last time I played I spent my time solely on Duel Tournament because they re-enabled Season 3 tournament rewards with patch 1.17, and I swore an oath that I would get my hands on a specific reward which I coveted since S3. I had to endure wait times too, mind you. The wait times aren't fun, add to that, competitive lagswitching, and sometimes the tournament brackets mess up, they announce you a winner without even having to fight. And those rank badges? they're a joke... they mean nothing other than ego-bolstering and boasting all the time, which I couldn't care less about, to be honest. I got Gold II rank in one day, just to point out how easy it is to go up to Diamond.

It didn't reflect anything competitive at all to me. But what do I care; I only went there for a specific reward. And I left satisfied :p

vgrimr_J
12-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Last time I played I spent my time solely on Duel Tournament because they re-enabled Season 3 tournament rewards with patch 1.17, and I swore an oath that I would get my hands on a specific reward which I coveted since S3. I had to endure wait times too, mind you. The wait times aren't fun, add to that, competitive lagswitching, and sometimes the tournament brackets mess up, they announce you a winner without even having to fight. And those rank badges? they're a joke... they mean nothing other than ego-bolstering and boasting all the time, which I couldn't care less about, to be honest. I got Gold II rank in one day, just to point out how easy it is to go up to Diamond.

It didn't reflect anything competitive at all to me. But what do I care; I only went there for a specific reward. And I left satisfied :p

i would love to get those rewards since i need few of them to my collection

UbiJurassic
12-21-2017, 08:14 PM

Following the reset, you'll probably experience those low level players for a little while. However, it should start to even out the more you continue to play. If that's not the case, we will certainly look into the recent change and see if it is working as intended.

vgrimr_J
12-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Following the reset, you'll probably experience those low level players for a little while. However, it should start to even out the more you continue to play. If that's not the case, we will certainly look into the recent change and see if it is working as intended.

system is not working after 50+ games. still playing against really laggy players every game + low levels (these 50+ game are all in dominion)

Bl0wH4rd74728
12-25-2017, 02:42 AM
I dont think dedicated servers are coming till year two at least thats what i heard 😬