PDA

View Full Version : Fought 40+ matches, still not being properly evaluated in the skill rank

UnhappyLawbro
12-21-2017, 02:56 AM
I used to fight a mix of lvl 2 & lvl 3 bots, and I was working really hard to improve my pvp stats so as to fight only lvl 3 bots, Then everything got reset 2 days ago and I only got lvl 1 bots. I was told that I need to fight 10-20 matches to be realigned into the skill rank.

So I've played a crap ton in the last few days. My team won 90% of the matches and I got a big improvement on my K/D as well, yet I'm still facing lvl 1 bots in offline games like when the skills were just reset.

In the last few matches (all of which we lost), I have been pitted against really good players, all with 50+ reputations, but somehow the game shows that I have higher skills (not just slightly) than both them and my teammates when it's really not the case. It's like the system is over-estimating my pvp skills because of all the recent win and improved K/D since the reset , but seriously under-estimating my skills against AI (when I used to fight a mix of lvl 2 and 3 bots, and now I only get lvl 1 bots).

Can this be more messed up??? Now both PVP and PVE are ruined, with the former getting too hard and latter too boring.

Hammelsneid
12-21-2017, 03:07 AM
I agree. I was gone for a few month, and now im hyped again with the new heroes etc. When I play against bots, I flawlessly kill them one after the other or even in 2v1 or 3v1 (seen lvl 1, 2 and 3 bots in my matches as far as i can remember).

Then going into PVP, facing with my Rep 1 Shaman against Rep 20+ enemies and more than 100 higher gearscore ... and get my a** handed to me.... every... single.... time.... like I'm the most untalented, stupid noob ever played that game (I'm 600 hours in). Every single faint, animation cancel super speed light attack trick is being deflected, parried or "just" blocked. I'm hitting agains walls, which know every single move of mine 5 seconds ahead and it's driving me crazy, not to encounter another poor soul like I am to even have an even fight.

Someone has any tip for me, except becoming godlike like my enemies or quitting the game?

UnhappyLawbro
12-21-2017, 03:11 AM
the matchmaking right now is just messed up, it will pair you against players way above you if you just happen to have won a bunch in the previous matches. I say wait a bit for Ubisoft to fix this.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:11 AM
Best advice I can give, until they make manual AI difficulty selection possible in PvAI: use Custom Match for intensive training. It's what I do. And when you do that, forget loot, XP, Steel.... you're there just for the training.

Until they allow us to manually choose AI difficulty in PvAI when matchmaking is off.

UnhappyLawbro
12-21-2017, 03:21 AM
Yeah unfortunately it seems there's just no way to get back lvl 3 bots for me as of now except to play custom modes.
People have been asking for option to change AI level when matchmaking is off since release I bet. Ubisoft never bothered...
If custom mode even gave half of xp and steel, I wouldn't even have bothered playing online given the atrocious waiting, all the disconnects and resync...

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:29 AM
Indeed. Unfortunately, they're now busy with dedicated servers, and then, there are the character reworks... I sure hope they tend to the manual bot difficulty selection as soon as they can.

I also noticed something, as of patch 1.17: they seem to have added new bots. I only went against level 3 bots in Custom Match, so I don't know if there are new level 1 or level 2 bots. But there are new level 3 bots, and they fight ferociously. I know it because, I spend much of my time in PvAI, kinda memorized bot names more or less; yesterday saw new bot names.

All the more good training for us in Custom Match :) happy hunting!

Hammelsneid
12-21-2017, 06:21 PM
All the more good training for us in Custom Match :) happy hunting!

So you think, if I keep on training with lvl 3 bots this will help me to get better against rl players? As far as I experience it, players are playing way different than the bots do, and if I'm matched against way too strong players in PVP the strategies seem to be even more different. What I'm curious about the most is, that I seem to be unable to even land one hit as I planned, bc litterally everthing is being instantly blocked/parried/deflected, GB and other punishable stuff is only thrown out by players if they are 100% to land it and yes, that quite is it. What else can I do than opening a fight in as tricky ways like fainting heavies, then jumping in with lights or just lights in another direction and 100 versions of that or GB instead of lights etc.. it's just frustrating after playing 600 hours. Maybe Im just too old..

bob333e
12-21-2017, 06:36 PM
So you think, if I keep on training with lvl 3 bots this will help me to get better against rl players? As far as I experience it, players are playing way different than the bots do, and if I'm matched against way too strong players in PVP the strategies seem to be even more different. What I'm curious about the most is, that I seem to be unable to even land one hit as I planned, bc litterally everthing is being instantly blocked/parried/deflected, GB and other punishable stuff is only thrown out by players if they are 100% to land it and yes, that quite is it. What else can I do than opening a fight in as tricky ways like fainting heavies, then jumping in with lights or just lights in another direction and 100 versions of that or GB instead of lights etc.. it's just frustrating after playing 600 hours. Maybe Im just too old..

As much as I'd hate to share this, because it's more of a showoff than anything, it should answer your doubts concerning how fruitful training with level 3 bots really is.

This was during Ranked Duel Tournament yesterday. For reference, the guy was an overall rep41, had a rep23 Centurion, and is Diamond II rank. I scared the poop out of him, and he was the strongest guy in both pools. We were the only two left and we faced off in the finals. I coveted a 'Hero Tier' reward which means I must place 2nd, not 1st. 1st place is 'Legendary Tier' which are different rewards. So I had to intentionally lose.

https://i.imgur.com/xaI4B9z.png

And that was my first time entering a Tournament. Literally. My first time.

Level 3 bot training is more intense than you think. I know this picture is more of a showoff than proof, but still counts as direct proof. :p

UbiJurassic
12-21-2017, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback on the recent matchmaking reset. The team is definitely looking to hear peoples feedback on it and I'll be more than happy to pass everyone's thoughts on the reset over to them to evaluate.

Devils-_-legacy
12-21-2017, 11:50 PM
I keep getting paired with rep 30 and under well the enemy team have a combined rep of 600-900 this has happened multiple games or I join a game half way through 1 v 4 I'm not in favour of another reset

Hammelsneid
12-22-2017, 03:54 AM
@Fady117 Thank you for posting this conversation. I think this is proof enough for me to stick around some more time with lvl. 3 bots ^^ thx alot

UnhappyLawbro
12-22-2017, 05:03 AM
Hehe I previously thought that I was the only one who play more pve than pvp, guess not :p
Anyway yeah, I completely agree that training with lvl 3 bots is actually pretty useful. Many of them stick to the best tactic for that character, for example shaman will feint A LOT trying to get bleed on you and then feint gb you to get a guaranteed bite. Same with shugoki and his hug, etc.