PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Wins Best Fighting Game

Tundra 793
12-21-2017, 01:24 AM
http://ca.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2017-awards/Best_Fighting_Game

For Honor won the People's Choice award for IGNs 2017 Best Fighting Game.

Eric Pope's comment, quoted from Reddit;

As I said on the Warrior's Den, in a way awards mean absolutely nothing and are silly, BUT in another way they are really meaningful to our developers who worked tirelessly for years making this game, and for the years to come, improving it week to week with you, the Community.
Thank you for everybody who voted. It means a lot to everybody here. :)

I'd say it's deserved, well done team.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 01:33 AM
http://ca.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2017-awards/Best_Fighting_Game

For Honor won the People's Choice award for IGNs 2017 Best Fighting Game.

Eric Pope's comment, quoted from Reddit;

I'd say it's deserved, well done team.

https://i.imgflip.com/w0kcm.jpg

I'm so glad For Honor made it with the most votes. For Honor still has issues but, it's an amazing game. An amazing combat game. It's def worth the spot. Gratz to the dev team!

Crossing fingers for further improvements in year 2!

CandleInTheDark
12-21-2017, 01:44 AM
Congrats Dev team! For Honor has had issues but they have steadily been getting better through that hard work, here is hoping dedicated servers and incoming reworks bring in new and returning players throughout year 2.

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 01:45 AM
I'm very surprised this thread hadn't been hijacked by the haters.

Also a well deserved awards. Imo, he is right, though, anything outside player voted awards don't really mean much.

ChampionRuby50g
12-21-2017, 01:52 AM
I agree, this is one of the best fighting games I've played in a long time. While there are some major issues, many which have been fixed or on the way to been fixed. The future is looking bright.

Hormly
12-21-2017, 02:00 AM
Well this is certainly good news. Grats devs!

Vakris_One
12-21-2017, 02:22 AM
Well deserved. Congrats to everyone who made For Honor possible. It is one of the most original games to come out for some time and a very unique experience to play.

Erhanninja
12-21-2017, 02:45 AM
Sorry to burst your bubbles guys but unfortunately the state itís in? Itís not at all...people voted etc but

Donít get me wrong I love this game however I have never experienced so many issues in a game even if I combine all of the issues I had in all games I played in my life. And I have been playing for over 20 years...if I list the issues this game is having you will fall asleep reading them

Vakris_One
12-21-2017, 02:52 AM
Sorry to burst your bubbles guys but unfortunately the state itís in? Itís not at all...people voted etc but

Donít get me wrong I love this game however I have never experienced so many issues in a game even if I combine all of the issues I had in all games I played in my life. And I have been playing for over 20 years...if I list the issues this game is having you will fall asleep reading them
I know the issues this game has and they are many. I still think its originality and the fact Ubi took a risk on a new IP is deserving of recognition.

I feel it's important to recognise the taking of a chance to create something new that has never been attempted before. We can go back to busting their balls over all the problems tomorrow.

Ianoneshot
12-21-2017, 02:56 AM
Yessss

nufrancis
12-21-2017, 03:05 AM
Congratz UBI !!!!

Looking forward for future improvement of FH

Linnix1
12-21-2017, 03:19 AM
Well um I guess what they say is true. Don't trust the polls.

Helnekromancer
12-21-2017, 03:27 AM
Congrats For Honor dev team

The only fighting game I took seriously was the Bloody Roar Series and their last game was made in 2003 and since then every other fighting game bored the hell out of me no matter how hard i tried to like it.

Then I found out about For Honor and i absolutely love it, and even though I'm close to 1000 hours on it, I'm still playing it every day. I didn't think I would enjoy Fighting games again and was thinking about giving up on the genre as a whole, so thank you for making this game and rekindling the old fire I had for Fighting games because unique games like Bloody Roar, For Honor, and soon DBZ Fighters is going to keep this genre from dying.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:33 AM
The only fighting game I took seriously was the Bloody Roar Series and their last game was made in 2003

You played Bloody Roar too? :D man! now we're two who played this game!

My favourites were Uriko, Yugo and Xion! I also liked Busuzima.

Helnekromancer
12-21-2017, 03:49 AM
You played Bloody Roar too? :D man! now we're two who played this game!

My favourites were Uriko, Yugo and Xion! I also liked Busuzima.

Oh man, I didn't think I would find anyone else who even heard of Bloody Roar let alone played it. :D

I really like Gado, Long, Stun, and Bakuryu. Never thought Moles were cool until I saw Bakuryu.

Card1acArrest
12-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Unique game, i've never seen anything like it before. congrats :)

Jarl.Felix
12-21-2017, 12:57 PM
They won "people's choice" a.k.a rigged/spam votes. Not the IGN prize. It's still a HUGE difference.

Knight_Raime
12-21-2017, 01:08 PM
congrats devs~ <3

Captain-Courage
12-21-2017, 02:28 PM
For Honor Wins Best Fighting Game

No.
It won people's choice award.
Not the same thing.

The best fighting game awards goes to Injustice 2 (and the fighting game community doesn't really consider For Honor as a legit fighting "kakuto" game).
I would have thought it would have been Tekken 7, but the game isn't really a 2017 release, since it's available in arcades since 2015, and IGN is an american site, meaning american audience first and formeost, that plays american games mostly.

The funniest thing, or most depressing, depends how you take it, is reading the comments and realizing that most players have no education or culture about videogames history, and fighting game most specificaly (not even talking about arcade), like when you read that For Honor is the first true 3d fighting game (WAT ?!)
Maybe a lot of young players, that would logically have very few references actually.

2018 award will be very interesting, with a lot of awaited releases :
Season 3 of SF5 with some of the most wanted and awaited characters (I don't really like SF5 but I know Sf players were totally hyped by the last trailer during the Capcom Cup), Dragon Ball FighterZ, Final Fantasy Dissidia, Soul Calibur 6, Fighting Ex Layer ... Lots of good stuff to come.

Tundra 793
12-21-2017, 02:30 PM
No. It won people's choice award.

That was literally the first sentence I wrote in the thread itself.

The best fighting game awards goes to Injustice 2 (and the fighting game community doesn't really consider For haonor as a legit fighting "kakuto" game)

Well clearly enough gamers thought it was enough of a fighting game to vote for it.

Illyrian_King
12-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Well deserved eventhough the game still lacks in many things even beside connectivity!

Stahlrusse
12-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Since the connection issues (which were ****ing cancer to say the least) will be fixed soon due to dedicated servers I am not too sad for this outcome.

Captain-Courage
12-21-2017, 04:02 PM
That was literally the first sentence I wrote in the thread itself.

Well clearly enough gamers thought it was enough of a fighting game to vote for it.

Doesn't change the fact that your title is misleading.

And as I said, is the opinion of a community of gamers that believe that For Honor is the first real 3d fighting game really that worth of value when it comes to contextualize and put the game back in videogames history (and more specificaly fighting video games) ?
I mean, what you can read in the comment section is on the level of WoW is the first MMO, except this time, people are dead serious and actually believe in what they say.

Mind you, I don't say that For Honor is a bad game as such, just that you can clearly see that some posters praising it in the comment section .... are actually quite uneducated and have very few references when it comes to such questions.

Tundra 793
12-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Doesn't change the fact that your title is misleading.

Sure I made it a bit click baity so the community would notice it. But it's not that misleading. The title states the game won an award, omitting the category from the title doesn't negate that.
And i state the category in the first sentence.

And as I said, is the opinion of a community of gamers that believe that For Honor is the first real 3d fighting game really that worth of value when it comes to contextualize and put the game back in videogames history (and more specificaly fighting video games) ?
I mean, what you can read in the comment section is on the level of WoW is the first MMO, except this time, people are dead serious and actually believe in what they say.

Mind you, I don't say that For Honor is a bad game as such, just that you can clearly see that some posters praising it in the comment section .... are actually quite uneducated and have very few references when it comes to such questions.

I don't care enough about fighting games as a genre to know whether you're right or wrong. I'm assuming right.

But none of that matters. People voted for a game they liked in a certain category, in a given year. You don't need a video game history degree for your vote to be valid.
For Honor won an award, kudos to the devs. There's really nothing more to this story than that.

Devils-_-legacy
12-21-2017, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't even consider tekken mk injustice fighting games after for honor they seem closer to acrades

bob333e
12-21-2017, 04:36 PM
On the topic of Tekken: one uppercut / upward kick is all it takes to juggle your opponent mid-air and take at least 1/3 of their HP. The same is true for SF, MK, etc. It's a bit harder in MK but still.

For Honor has more unforgiving combat. Which I deeply like. It's truly an unique experience.

SenBotsu893
12-21-2017, 04:54 PM
wow i remember giving my vote and thinking to myself that for honor will not be able to get more votes against things like Tekken or Injustice because its a more obscure franchise.

but it clearly deserves it for bringing something new to the table. gratz

David_gorda
12-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Best fighting Game? 50% Game disconnects, unlock "techs" flickor zone. Extremly imbalanced characters, shaman op, highlander useless. It had the potential to be great uniqe fighting Game but devs screws it up more and more each season. Season one was without doubt the most fun i had in for honor.

CandleInTheDark
12-21-2017, 04:55 PM
The thing for me is many fighting games follow a decades old template. I played probably the first tekken, I definitely played the first pvp street fighter (which was the second) when I was about 7-10 which Injustice looks very similar to, the pokemon one,well you're looking at either the gameboy or first pokemon stadium which I believe is as far back as the dreamcast. While there were a few titles I didn't recognise at all, the only other truly unique one I knew of on that list was Absolver and they have a disadvantage in that it isn't on all platforms yet (and honestly I was turned off the idea by all the the game is dead crowd saying absolver is out in two weeks even if it was on my platform) so for the fact that Ubisoft went out there and did something truly unique, while it still has issues, is very much worth the recognition.

Captain-Courage
12-21-2017, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't even consider tekken mk injustice fighting games after for honor they seem closer to acrades

And where does the fighting game genre come from ?

OoKaMi_79
12-21-2017, 05:43 PM
Congrats to the whole team....the recipe? Being able to fulfill our childhoodís dream of facing ancient and legendary armies. We all have this fascination for their history, weapons, armors and being able to control them in a 3rd view game is way too epic. Dear devs: There are some details to fix but please do not forget that there are still a lot of potential on this project, keep the good work. Regards

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 05:49 PM
I love seeing posts like " oh it's a players choice award, it didn't mean anything cause it's rigged/bias" but then they want to tout IGN and other media outlets as if their ratings aren't, themselves, rigged and/or bias.
Also called it on the haters. You guys will look for any reason to try and knock off other people's enjoyment.

Linnix1
12-21-2017, 06:38 PM
I just noticed something. This year's arena brawlers live practically on the childhood dreams of people. For Honor who doesn't want to see a Knight fight a Samurai. And Gundamn Versus who doesn't want to see huge mechs blow each other to scrap. Kinda funny really

Devils-_-legacy
12-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Yep came from they used to amazing games but after for honor the games seem closer to arcade imo

UbiJurassic
12-21-2017, 08:16 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/EjbP2F4sCrRQc/giphy.webp

Me when I found out we won.

Thanks to everyone that voted!

Ackturi
12-21-2017, 09:58 PM
Not sure how they would win best of anything.... I myself play it until either MH or Anthem comes out so it's just a time killer. This game has far too many issues to be considered a best.

kbvlcvfkhgc
12-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Congratulations to the Ubisoft For Honor team, peoples Choice too, I think for me that carries more kudos,

ill not lie, sometimes this game and its issues drive me Fu%$ing insane but when its all said and done I don't think i've enjoyed a game so much in many a year,

its unique, I don't think there's anything else like it, bravo to you all!!!