PDA

View Full Version : From average 28,000 online players to shy 1,700 players today.

ZaElder
12-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Numbers can't lie, Every month the average number of online players is getting lower and here is why:

1) The game support team has a very low budget and they can't fix anything on time.
2) Community is full of bullies. All nice "normal" players left the game.
3) Ubisoft uses collected statistics of this bully community to unbalance the characters to only serve bully players. Even cool balanced characters are now totally unbalanced
4) Ubisoft replies the same message "let's talk about it weekly until no one cares and maybe sell some outfits to recover the sunken cost of this failing project"
5) Oh, number of players is around 1500, this is great! let's throw a couple of servers :).. no major running cost here. A win-win!
6) Ubisoft will never fix duel balancing, then let's direct this small community to play team modes.. Problem solved.
7) Mediocre project management and unrealistic schedules
8) Great developers' ideas completely destroyed by community feedback statistics.
9) lower and lower revenue each month.

Arekonator
12-20-2017, 11:08 PM
You all heard it folks, beating your opponent(s) in a match means you are a cyberbully.

That said, lot of the points are true, if vague and repeated thousand times, but this struck me as standing out.

Mia.Nora
12-20-2017, 11:11 PM
I blame the business model. We all paid AAA price and more on preorder. They have absolutely no intensive to fix the game since they already got all the money they could.

I went back to playing F2P and subscribtion games, their business model and best interests are inline with satisfying the playerbase much more than Ubisoft games. Their only priority if hyping the game for preorders and then leave it to its fate with a skeleton crew.

ZaElder
12-21-2017, 12:45 AM
You all heard it folks, beating your opponent(s) in a match means you are a cyberbully.

That said, lot of the points are true, if vague and repeated thousand times, but this struck me as standing out.

You know, the funny thing is when I see a bully, I switch to warden or shamen to kick his *** and then he starts complaining that I missuse the game exploits. They are the most noisy ppl whether they win and taunt you or whether they loose and curse you.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 01:00 AM
I blame the business model. We all paid AAA price and more on preorder. They have absolutely no intensive to fix the game since they already got all the money they could.

I went back to playing F2P and subscribtion games, their business model and best interests are inline with satisfying the playerbase much more than Ubisoft games. Their only priority if hyping the game for preorders and then leave it to its fate with a skeleton crew.

It's one reason why I abstained from buying For Honor on launch; I saw the flood of microtransactions. Slowly, I started noticing that you can actually play the game without paying one extra penny. I then went for it this November. Then I started feeling, and living, all these bugs and issues. The biggest of which is the P2P which should have already been fixed long ago.

However I still agree that post-sales, Ubisoft isn't the best example at handling, maintaining, and upkeeping online-based multiplayer games. I've heard what happened with R6 Siege at launch, and I've also completely avoided The Division, which was, much much later, fixed the way it should have been at launch. Still I didn't get it. And I still didn't get Wildlands. Probably won't.

I'm still a huge lover of For Honor despite its flaws. I can only hope they learned from their past mistakes at this point. For Honor still stands a chance. And even today, R6 Siege and Division are still pretty active, with even bigger playerbases than For Honor's. I think it's safe to assume, For Honor has yet to see its best days.