PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.17 Feedback - Very Pleased

bob333e
12-20-2017, 10:13 PM
First off, I'd like to confirm I received ALL the Open Test rewards. 12,000 Steel, 19 crates, and a 17-day Champion Status, with a set of emblem outlines and a symbol coming in at the official servers launch. To the dev team: thanks a lot guys. This was an amazing gesture to reward us with these nice gifts.

- To start with, patch 1.17 did indeed address a lot of bugs, and there's still more bugs to be fixed but at this point the game is starting to feel solid and smooth.

- Contrary to many reports and complaints, I had no problem at all with blocking and parrying after downloading this patch. Quite the contrary: I felt parrying is smoother now, for some reason. Perhaps it's because I got used to some better timing during the Open Test, where I was able to have less laggy PvP and was able to actually read most of the moves my opponents did.

- I've noticed they've grouped together Dominion, Tribute, and Deathmatch into a 'Battle' front; this was a nicely done, and much needed, touch. This is sure to reduce further splitting of the playerbase. I'm glad they did that.

- Concerning bots: I've fought with and against way more level 1 bots now, and level 3 bots became more scarce in PvAI. While I do not mind making the more difficult orders easier to grind against level 1 bots, I surely would appreciate if they implement manual bot difficulty selection in PvAI (when matchmaking is off) in the near future. Sometimes still, I'd like a challenge and still get some reward out of it. For now the only sure way to practice against level 3 bots is in Custom Match.

- Some new level 3 bots were added? I've noticed new names on level 3 bots :D and boy, do they fight fierce! level 3.5 bots by any chance?

- The Faction War now updates faster, the 'Battle Resolution' and 'Territory Status' flash screens now seem faster.

- Still some lag/choppiness on the VS screen

- Minor bug: in Duel and Brawl, during the round announcement while the camera is still in overlook mode, you can hear your idle effect's sounds, and while your character is visible in the overlook camera (before they show your opponent), the effect won't show. I'm guessing it's a distance limitation as to how far above ground the effects will render out. Might be worth looking into.

- Demonic Sacrifice (idle): I've noticed a minor visual bug where when the idle effect activates, there's a bad shading/lighting line that forms at the waist/thigh area, visibly showing the circumference of some sphere that supposedly holds this effect. This effect can be masked if you move your camera up while standing still, but if you look straight at your hero, the line will somewhat show.

- Slight delay in execution activation right after a heavy; I often have to press twice quickly to initiate the execution. Not sure if intended small delay or some bug.

- Last but not least: SEASON 3 TOURNAMENT REWARDS WERE RE-ADDED! I can't tell you how happy I was when I saw that Winter King color as I was browsing color themes on my Warden and planning what to unlock next. THANK YOU!! Seriously thank you. I had avoided Ranked Tournaments ever since I started playing, but this, this made me jump straight into Tournament to unlock it.

And all I did yesterday and today was Tournaments.

I'm happy to announce that I have finally, FINALLY, unlocked Winter King on my Warden, which was coveted since S3. a HUGE thank you to the dev team for finally allowing me to acquire this color!

Side note: Tournament wasn't so bad overall (strangely so), save for several players who intentionally lag-switched. I've done a total of 5 Tournaments (and got meself a rank, yay) and finally reached my long-desired goal by the fifth Tournament. It was weird to fight in a Tournament; everybody was super-careful, everybody wanted to win, and often found myself in staring contests. However, most of the players I met were skilled and adept at abusing certain mechanics. It was a delicious learning experience, and a huge combat learning curve for me.

I've gotten rekt by lagswitching Gladiators mostly, during playoffs and during semi-finals. I reached finals only in the fifth Tournament. I intentionally made myself lose the finals because what I sought was a 'Hero Tier' reward; it is my understanding that if I win, I get 'Legendary Tier' which are different rewards, and I don't want that ornament anyway, I have nicer ones, and the Mythic Outfit ones are nicer too :p

Also, to my luck, the dude I've duelled in the fifth Tournament and in the finals was an amazing fighter; nothing cheesy in him, and he wasn't lag-switching either. It was great to meet a high-skill player who cared more about skill than cheese. It was also fitting, how I aimed to lose for a Hero Tier color reward, and he aimed to win, for a Legendary Tier ornament. For reference, he's an overall rep41 with a rep23 Centurion, and a Diamond II rank. We both had black & gold gear with Demonic Sacrifice effects. It was amazing.

And, here's a little something I marked down as a landmark, as the day I finally acquired my long-desired color theme :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSrEDHLd80k

Thank you, Ubisoft. In overall I am pleased with this update, and really happy with my new color. Now I'll save up some Steel for the new seasonal content during Winter Festival.
Crossing fingers for dedicated servers and the reworks.
I might actually do more Tournaments now, seeing as I'm meeting more dangerous people in there. Great learning curve.

Thanks a ton again. The more this game improves, the happier we all are.

Jarl.Felix
12-20-2017, 11:38 PM
Can everyone explain us what's the point of this post besides showing off and *** muah muah ? I'm just curious :D

bob333e
12-20-2017, 11:52 PM
Can everyone explain us what's the point of this post besides showing off and *** muah muah ? I'm just curious :D

Maybe you didn't read and skipped straight to the video? :D (in which case thx for watching also)

If you caught sight of an image that was attached in the OP, it was removed shortly after I created this post; felt had no relevance. Not sure how you saw it, maybe if you refresh the webpage on your end it'll be gone too.

Other than that, well, try reading again? :confused:

Erhanninja
12-21-2017, 02:26 AM
I couldnít complete my orders because my match count always stuck at 2. I posted in the forums but didnít get any help.

Just as same with parrying Shinobi zone as Nobushi question. I used to get a GB but I donít after season 4. No answer even though I put few times.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 02:56 AM
I couldn’t complete my orders because my match count always stuck at 2. I posted in the forums but didn’t get any help.

Just as same with parrying Shinobi zone as Nobushi question. I used to get a GB but I don’t after season 4. No answer even though I put few times.

oh whoa, thanks for sharing these here, any feedback on issues pertaining to the latest patches are important; let's hope they notice your post this time.

I never ever used Nobushi.... only 1 duel in PvAI. I think I'm missing out on her.

Charmzzz
12-21-2017, 08:40 AM
- Slight delay in execution activation right after a heavy; I often have to press twice quickly to initiate the execution. Not sure if intended small delay or some bug.

This behavior was introduced when they implemented the 2 additional executions on holding button. The game now has to wait a bit to register if you just tap or hold the button to initiate the correct execution.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:49 PM
This behavior was introduced when they implemented the 2 additional executions on holding button. The game now has to wait a bit to register if you just tap or hold the button to initiate the correct execution.

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out. I mostly stuck to holding the execution buttons to play the newly-bought executions before patch 1.17. I've been using all 4 executions lately. This might be why I've only noticed this now.

GeneraISoIo
12-21-2017, 05:06 PM
I too have notice a HUGE decline in level 3 bots. I have played well over 20 matches with no change. Still mostly level 1 and 2 bots. I don't think I have seen a level 3 bot since the patch was released. I haven't played any PvP though. Is that the only way to increase your skill level to spawn higher level bots? I decided in S3 that I was not playing PvP until dedicated servers, so I will be stuck with these bots until dedicated servers? If so, no big deal. I am going to need a lot of practice once I get back into the PvP scene anyway, and glad I will be able to with dedicated servers. Future looks good for FH.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 05:43 PM
I too have notice a HUGE decline in level 3 bots. I have played well over 20 matches with no change. Still mostly level 1 and 2 bots. I don't think I have seen a level 3 bot since the patch was released. I haven't played any PvP though. Is that the only way to increase your skill level to spawn higher level bots? I decided in S3 that I was not playing PvP until dedicated servers, so I will be stuck with these bots until dedicated servers? If so, no big deal. I am going to need a lot of practice once I get back into the PvP scene anyway, and glad I will be able to with dedicated servers. Future looks good for FH.

Far as I know, the grind to restore level 3 bot spawn in PvAI is pretty unstable. Some people spotted level 3 bots after 10ish matches, others did up to 40ish matches and still didn't get level 3 bots. I personally saw one or two in a dozen matches.

While it's good relief that you can now farm the harder contract orders against easier AI, we still want a challenge at times, especially in Duel PvAI.

I definitely recommend practicing with level 3 bots in Custom Match, until we get to choose bot difficulty in PvAI when matchmaking is off. Let's just hope they do that before the official launch of the servers, because the servers are still way off... like 2-3 months.

And yeah, For Honor has yet to see its best days. Albeit, at a slow pace.