PDA

View Full Version : Sirrus' Room

Calistoaris
05-29-2004, 07:52 AM
I was just thinking, in the Mechanical Age, who is that woman in the painting in Sirrus room?

Calistoaris
05-29-2004, 07:52 AM
I was just thinking, in the Mechanical Age, who is that woman in the painting in Sirrus room?

matt myat
05-29-2004, 11:42 PM
I remember at least a couple of pictures of unfamiliar people in Sirrus' room, and wondering who they are (because there aren't many pictures of people in Myst http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif). They looked particularly conquerous, rich and pompous. They may have just been Sirrus' idols or aqantances, but now that I think of it, in the worlds of Myst (and others), who could such people be? D'ni maybe?... but sorry Cali, I don't know who the woman is http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Scythephantasm
08-19-2004, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matt myat:
D'ni maybe?... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They couldn't be D'ni, Atrus was locked out of the rest of the cavern in K'veer until "The Book of D'ni." I was wondering about that as well, alone with some of the other things found in Myst that don't really match the rest of the story line.

Bottles of wine, a toothbrush, paintings, models, a lightbulb, morphing desk-top objects . . . they don't really blend into the world that we now know . . .

----------
I am Doctor Doom-fist! Tremble in my mighty presence! Fear my- *bonk* ow! . . . stupid lamp . . .

larsschermer
10-16-2004, 09:14 AM
the brothers stole a lot of things from very different ages, most likely the paintings vere just valueble, so sirius took them, like the cloth in Stoneship, or the gold in the secret vault on mechanical age.

bonogirl79
10-31-2004, 10:27 PM
The painting next to the throne is a portrait of Napoleon after he crowned himself emperor of France with what looks like Robyn Miller's mug placed overtop of Napoleon's. (Likening Sirrus's lust for power to Napoleon's?)

As to who the woman is, your guess is as good as mine, but it looks to be from the same period as the portrait of Napoleon.

Jenn'fer