PDA

View Full Version : External Views not working

dbdynsty25
04-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Has anyone encountered this? Usually you can press F2 and you can get an external view. No matter what I do, I cannot get my external views, any of them, to work. I can't cycle through my team or the other team either with CTRL or SHIFT F2.

I even tried remapping the buttons to different keys just in case it was my F keys that were screwing with it and that doesn't work either. All I can use is the cockpit view and it's annoying. I like seeing around me in the external view.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

dbdynsty25
04-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Has anyone encountered this? Usually you can press F2 and you can get an external view. No matter what I do, I cannot get my external views, any of them, to work. I can't cycle through my team or the other team either with CTRL or SHIFT F2.

I even tried remapping the buttons to different keys just in case it was my F keys that were screwing with it and that doesn't work either. All I can use is the cockpit view and it's annoying. I like seeing around me in the external view.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Taylortony
04-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Ok are you hosting etc? if when the games loading you come to a set up screen, the one before you get to the arming screen in there you can turn of the external settings have you accidently disabled them? also online some games will run with externals turned off

El Turo
04-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Play in a server that allows external views?

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/354.gif

Callsign "Turo" in IL2:FB & WWIIOL

lil_labbit
04-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Better check if external views are enabled in the game you play http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

dbdynsty25
04-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm actually noticing this problem when I just create missions. I'm just selecting a few planes to dogfight against and then going at it. I installed this game on a friends box that I built for him and I could use the views on his copy of the game...I don't think I disabled it on accident. I actually reinstalled the game last night thinking I might have messed with something accidentally. Any ideas?

I'm new to the series so I'm trying to get used to it before I venture online to take you ACE's on.

BTW, when you dogfight online do you only get one life or can you respawn multiple times. For the life of me I can't find any info on that.

El Turo
04-01-2004, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dbdynsty25:
Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm actually noticing this problem when I just create missions. I'm just selecting a few planes to dogfight against and then going at it. I installed this game on a friends box that I built for him and I could use the views on his copy of the game...I don't think I disabled it on accident. I actually reinstalled the game last night thinking I might have messed with something accidentally. Any ideas?

I'm new to the series so I'm trying to get used to it before I venture online to take you ACE's on.

BTW, when you dogfight online do you only get one life or can you respawn multiple times. For the life of me I can't find any info on that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make sure you've gone into your difficulty/realism setup and have the "externals" switch flipped.

As for fighting online.. you can find all manner of missions/servers available. Some allow unlimited respawns and have no mission objectives.. just furball to your heart's content.

Some have mission objectives and limited numbers of aircraft/pilots for each side (Warclouds!).

Some peeps like flying in cooperative missions that are more scenario based with one-life for each pilot.

You can make of it pretty much whatever you like!

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

dbdynsty25
04-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks Butcher...I'll check that out when I get home tonight.

I guess I just have to find a server that allows for respawns...especially while I'm learning the game. I'm not a fan of flying for like 3 min. and getting shot down, then watching the rest. LOL.

Thanks again guys.

El Turo
04-01-2004, 10:36 AM
If you get into Hyperlobby and are looking at the dogfighting servers, I don't think I've ever seen one that didn't allow unlimited respawns.

So, no worries... you can do a lot of "learning" and keep upping for more and more fun.

Remember, there is no substitute for experience.

dbdynsty25
04-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is hyperlobby? I've only connected through Ubi.com and then going into the IL2 server...is there another server or something I should be connecting through?

El Turo
04-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Hyperlobby is a free service that works along the same lines as the UBI servers.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

Most peeps consider Hyperlobby a better gaming experience.. but I haven't spent any appreciable time at UBI to really form an opinion one way or the other.

I was told to load up Hyperlobby and get in the action.. haven't needed to look elsewhere.

dbdynsty25
04-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the info...I'll give it a try tonight.

Taylortony
04-01-2004, 11:26 AM
you are joining the campaign missions in ubi com when dead you have to wait for the game to restart, go into the dogfight room instead join a game, when you get shot down press esc then refly and you will respawn, there is no limits in dogfight.

dbdynsty25
04-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Nice, thanks Taylor...I'll keep that in mind. I never thought to go to 'refly.'

dbdynsty25
04-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Everything is cool now...thanks for everyone's help. I just had to enable the externals.