PDA

View Full Version : Conq Full Block Stance close to useless?

Erhanninja
12-20-2017, 05:50 PM
I sometimes feint my attack to full block stance. I still donít understand whatís the advantage of it. It doesnít stop enemyís combo it just blocks so I have no start up from there. Iím vulnerable to any attack during the charge unlike Valk even thou Conq is heavy class I donít understand why it doesnít block like Valk. Whatís the actually use of it? It feels useless to me.

Han-Singular
12-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Conq's full guard is amazing plus it's the only way for conq to feint.

Conquer can feint both his light and heavy attacks.

Full block cancel is used for mix ups

Example: fake a heavy and use a light attack. Fake a heavy and use a heavy, fake an attack into a shield bash for a free heavy, fake into guard break, fake into parrie, fake into superior dodge block, fake into superior block counter attack...

Valks full guard/shield tackle doesn't even compare to Conq.

If you wanna see someone use fullguard cancel correctly you should check this guy out. One of the best Conqs I've seen yet.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEF-9ed1D0w81_B-qCzPMkg

Vrbas1
12-20-2017, 09:49 PM
It'd make more sense for his full block to have the same superior block property that the Warlord's full block stance has. Especially now that they've removed counter GB from full block stance. It was advertised as one of those "when you're outnumbered" things but now they can just throw you around and open you up. Seems pretty useless besides feints. Even then, it's a hackjob, half-assed feint.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-21-2017, 03:08 AM
It's useless for anything other than feigning and the feigning it does provide you has the huge cost of stopping all stamina regeneration for 5 seconds. You also can't feign into guard break but can instead do a slower shield bash that is punishable unlike the dash into shield bash counterpart. You can't even use it for protecting yourself when outnumbered, instead use the zone attack which is also trash but at least they're going to have to risk a parry to bust through it.

Rye.Bread.
12-21-2017, 03:58 AM
It's honestly depressing playing this game as conqueror at this point. Nonstop shamans, feint-master armamushas (I mean at least some props there), kick-spam shinobis, and spam PK's just nullifying everything and anything conqueror can do. Nobushi is also a massive problem with.. I don't know what it is but it flickers very fast and I can't block it. Then my whole health bar is bleed. I do give nobushi a slight pass though on the grounds that she needs a rework. Back to the point- it just sucks... I guess I only play atm for those rounds where I actually dominate knowing that it was the difference in skill and not the power of my character... that or the memes. Any light after the first gets parried almost without fail.. heavies get parried.. charge heavies get dodged. Many times I am reduced to shield bash + light combo because it's the only thing I can reliably land without getting parried or punished in some form 100% of the time. Being reactive and blocking like conqueror is supposed to is not effective as per previously mentioned EVERYONE CAN JUST GO AROUND IT. And then of course after waiting 8 months for my reworks I'm still not going to get them because of a Christmas cash grab. Thanks a lot (((ubisoft))). I'm out of steam.
A sad rah...

Erhanninja
12-21-2017, 09:43 AM
I completely agree with you guys...also whatís very annoying they can easily GB you doing side step shield bash or punish you doing forward shield bash

Breezy175
12-21-2017, 11:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPy52YarHdk

look at this guy, he is the best conqueror in my opinion.

He made some nice guides too :)

Illyrian_King
12-21-2017, 02:33 PM
It was pretty fine, before they disabled counter guard break in full block stance ;b

NOW it's useless.

But Conq is getting a rework ... so sit and wait.