PDA

View Full Version : Post Patch Matchmaking Is ***

LordRockinghamm
12-20-2017, 05:28 AM
Before the patch yesterday the matchmaking felt great. I was finding matches quickly and the people i was fighting were challenging but not obnoxious. Skill level on par every time.

Since yesterday the matchmaking has taken significantly longer and i consistently get matched with people who are of a 'higher skill level' aka have mastered the art of winning via the many exploits and bad design decisions that this game is riddled with.

Anyone else have similar issues? Also it seems that the system is cycling through parameters (skill/region/rep) faster than it was, resulting in less quality matches in terms of skill and connectivity.

Malyngo
12-20-2017, 08:32 AM
I didn't see any difference, but I also didn't play that much since last patch.

Did you see that behaviour in different play sessions, or was that just one play session?

Charmzzz
12-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Matchmaking got better imo. I really meet challenging opponents now and our premade team faced Clutchmeister and Setmyx with their mates. Those dominion matches were awesome although we lost 2:1 (could have gone out the other way, one match was really close with both teams breaking). I appreciate being matched against skilled opponents, better than stomping some noobs.

Anarnam
12-20-2017, 10:33 AM
I agree with OP.
For the last 2-3 days I'm experiencing laughable games against players who are MUCH(!!!!) weaker than me. When I'm playing with my buddies we usually win every tribute within 3 minute mark. People rage, they quit and with bots lvl 1 its usually boring game.

Queue times are also longer for me.

Perhaps something is broken with party matchmaking.

Charmzzz
12-20-2017, 10:42 AM
They said that you need to do ~20 Dominions / Duels / Tributes to let the new system sort it out. Patience please.

Plutonium Bug
12-20-2017, 10:59 AM
I have the same problem. Everybody in every game is higher then me.
It looks like skill has been reset or something.

And to make it worse when i am having a good game and we are winning the chance to get lagged out grows as opponents get frustrated and starts leaving.

Yesterday I played about 10 matches of Dominion and finished about 4, 3 losses and 1 win and about 6 disconnects when I was finally destroying people.
so only matches that finish count for skill and with so many disconnects that is no good indicator at all!

Then I thought lets just finish these dual orders vs Ai. Guess what only level 1s. Before patch I only faced level 3s and I was really enjoying that as most games I would still win and it was a challenge.
So give me my level 3's and get me back to my old skill please thank you.

Charmzzz
12-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Play those 20 matches and then enjoy better matchmaking. It will be alot better next week and ever after. I currently face alot of higher opponents - but this is actually fun and challenging for me.

MrScruty
12-20-2017, 02:42 PM
Better matches for me. Sometimes I stumble upon someone better, or a bit worse, but I no longer experience one-sided stomps, which is a huge plus in my book.

LordRockinghamm
12-20-2017, 02:54 PM
They said that you need to do ~20 Dominions / Duels / Tributes to let the new system sort it out. Patience please.

Any way you could post that info? Id be interested in seeing it.

FredEx919
12-20-2017, 03:29 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what the feelings are with current matchmaking. The recent update should have made matchmaking more flexible, but as others mentioned, you'll need to play a good amount of matches for everything to work itself out. If you feel like it hasn't got better, i'll take that back to the team in case something isn't working as intended.

Malyngo
12-20-2017, 07:48 PM
What was wrong with the previous data?

LordRockinghamm
12-20-2017, 11:27 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what the feelings are with current matchmaking. The recent update should have made matchmaking more flexible, but as others mentioned, you'll need to play a good amount of matches for everything to work itself out. If you feel like it hasn't got better, i'll take that back to the team in case something isn't working as intended.

Thank you. It seemed to even out a little today after having played a fair amount of matches over the last few days. Though it seems that its moving through parameters faster than it has been ie not searching for strict region/skill for as long as it was.

Jarl.Felix
12-20-2017, 11:33 PM
Ah don't bother. Matchmaking is useless on PC for example and totally bugged on other platforms. On PC matchmaking should be deactivated, there are always the same players every night. No matter how you sort them, we're still the same.