PDA

View Full Version : An honest question

D3dicatedSrv3rz
12-20-2017, 04:20 AM
I mostly play duels and was wondering if the 10 minute quit timer has actually had any positive effect at all on this game.

Personally ive just bitten the bullet and left when the Dom score differs by a factor of 3, usually due to my teammates having bitten the same bullet and leaving earlier(the alternative to stay in the game would just be spent fetching a snack with my controller upside down making my character do circles to not get booted for afk-ing). It probably affects PC players more that console as it doesn't take much longer than a minute to restart the game and start the search for another match, bypassing this (cough dumb cough) attempt to curve quitting.

I just feel that for about a third of the people that know this trick of briefly starting up another game to close FH and then restarting FH wind up sticking with other game instead of coming back which does not help this dying player base. people are going to quit the game regardless of the consequences

Keef739
12-20-2017, 04:44 AM
Whether you win or lose has no impact on most match rewards: order completion, character xp, loot, steel. Instead of being a petty ragequitter you could just try to have fun for the few remaining minutes of the match. If the loss is as inevitable as you believe it to be, then it shouldn't take long.

Only the ragequitters themselves can say if it's an adequate deterrent, but it certainly brings me comfort to know that there is some small penalty for the filthy cowards that would rather give up than finish what they started.

If I could change something about it, I would make it cost steel instead of time.

Vakris_One
12-20-2017, 04:59 AM
Well at least team leavers are giving people a chance to engage their inner Kylo Ren :)

https://i.imgflip.com/21e2z1.jpg

D3dicatedSrv3rz
12-20-2017, 05:26 AM
Whether you win or lose has no impact on most match rewards: order completion, character xp, loot, steel. Instead of being a petty ragequitter you could just try to have fun for the few remaining minutes of the match. If the loss is as inevitable as you believe it to be, then it shouldn't take long.

Only the ragequitters themselves can say if it's an adequate deterrent, but it certainly brings me comfort to know that there is some small penalty for the filthy cowards that would rather give up than finish what they started.

If I could change something about it, I would make it cost steel instead of time.

1. Getting ganked by players repeated with useless bots for support is not fun
2. Finish what they started implies that the circumstances that us 'ragequiters' have landed us in is of our own doing and not of the people that have left us in this position
3. ...Small Comfort in the small penalty that i have just said is easily bypass-able on console and may even be on PC pending how long the start up process is

Archimediss
12-20-2017, 08:37 PM
pfft always said it was no sollution been in matches against 4 bots and in matches that the enemy6 was way overpowered for us pooor mortals what you want us to do stay and get slaughtered so the other guys can upgrade their stats at our expense ?
today i was even in a match where i got in and they were already waiting for me at the spawnpoint couldnt even get my bearings and i was already dead and i should stay for that ?
it is clear to me you have no clue what your talking about only see it from your perspective

CSaunders95
12-21-2017, 12:29 AM
A one-sided dominion with spawn camping and all 3 points taken by the enemy team takes no more than 5 minutes to lose, stop moaning about pointless things and grow a pair you panzy.

There's enough dominion lobby's for you to find another after the games finished.

Don't even start the argument, 'oh but my times precious to me'.
Shut it.
5 minutes is is 5 minutes, it takes me 5 minutes to make a cup of tea. Not a huge loss.

Don't bother responding to this because I'm not coming back to this thread to check on your reply, grow a pair and man up woman.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 12:38 AM
I personally haven't witnessed any spawn-camping yet, in all Dominion games I've played, that should be rare as it is, even. I don't think there are spawn-campers every 1 in 5 Dominions, as the person above makes it sound like.

Still, a steamroll match takes 5mins tops, I agree; not worth ragequitting for a 10min penalty, besides, you still get XP and Steel for completing the match.

I frankly don't understand ragequitters at this point. Too much caring about K/D does this to them. You become paranoid about losing and you'll calculate every single tiny thing that happens in every game mode, and every loss to you, whether a stupid death or a fair-and-square fight, is going to send you shrieking to the ceiling.

Jeez. These people should just forget about the damn K/D. Just enjoy the damn game.

Of course bots aren't always helpful, they're only helpful if they're level 3 and on your side. Other than that they're just placeholders until someone connects and takes a bot's seat. You can't rely too much on bots in Dominion PvP.

Ragequitting isn't worth it. Take the loss, take your XP and Steel, and then leave the lobby. The only time you should legitimately force-quit mid-match, is when it's intolerably laggy and choppy, with like 5fps, and 'resync' every 10secs. The match is literally unplayable and you're bound to face an error screen, so yeah makes sense to just leave and wait 10mins for matchmaking relaxation.