PDA

View Full Version : Business realisation failure?

ZaElder
12-20-2017, 02:41 AM
It's OK to focus on revenue and microtransactions. Making entertainment products is business at the end. But after a whole year since first beta, I've really grown tired of all this turtling and/or poisoning game play. I paid for a AAA Ferrari not for a cheap Hyundai. The whole fighting mechanic can't be fixed with buffs or nerfs. Redesign the whole thing is the only right decision!! Learn from your mistakes. Be more agile!! I don't want new season based on flawed mechanics, it will still be a Hyundai but yet another 2018 model. Make a new better game please or give up fighting games. Let's be serious, it is obvious that Ubi doesn't have the know how or the right capability of managing and delivering such products.

LordRockinghamm
12-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Well considering the fact that the dlc characters have gotten more and more broken (minus highlander) every season id agree with you. Even the vanilla characters have horrendous flaws that have not been addressed properly (shoulder bash spam, spear sweep spam etc). So yeah. I love a lot of things about fh but sometimes i just cannot stomach the fact that people are still usuing the same exploits they were the day the game came out.

Tundra 793
12-20-2017, 03:16 PM
That Ferrari metaphor is probably too accurate...

http://www.inautonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/car_crash_second_ferrari_458_italia_on_fire_01.jpg

FredEx919
12-20-2017, 03:49 PM
The focus has always been on improving the game as a whole, but this doesn't stop everything else from moving along. We'll continue with weekly content and fun events just like new changes / improvements via patches. At this point we've discussed and even shown a good amount of what's coming up in the near future. The exception is with character reworks (This is still incoming as well). We may buff/ nerf characters based on the match info and community feedback but this doesn't mean the other bigger changes we've discussed are not coming along. We'll continue to support and add improvements into For Honor going forward.

ZaElder
12-20-2017, 07:57 PM
That Ferrari metaphor is probably too accurate...

http://www.inautonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/car_crash_second_ferrari_458_italia_on_fire_01.jpg

For Honor new season spoiler alert here https://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png

ZaElder
12-20-2017, 08:31 PM
The focus has always been on improving the game as a whole, but this doesn't stop everything else from moving along. We'll continue with weekly content and fun events just like new changes / improvements via patches. At this point we've discussed and even shown a good amount of what's coming up in the near future. The exception is with character reworks (This is still incoming as well). We may buff/ nerf characters based on the match info and community feedback but this doesn't mean the other bigger changes we've discussed are not coming along. We'll continue to support and add improvements into For Honor going forward.

I know the dev team is doing their best. Please focus more on broken parts: create "a real" turtling avoidance system (current added chip damage is a silly joke to say the least), make light attacks (or at least a subset of movements) of equal speed/frames across all characters, stop rolling away maneuver during mixups, add stronger penalties for guard breaking moves so players don't abuse them such as shoulder bash, focus on characters combos (honestly no one commits to them), and stop the huge parry punishments!. This is basic stuff in all other fighting games. Other developers created these simple rules after many years of experiments and failures for some good reasons. In For Honor, players avoid completing combos, always feinting, pick characters of quick lights to have advantage, turtling.... it is not a fun game once you reach mid to high levels, don't you agree?

The game only attracts 10% of the fighting games market. It only attracts "bullies". Most players won't buy this game unless they are hardcore Ubisoft fans such as me. Devs promised fixing parry 4 months ago and it is just a small thing in a long list of issues. It is still not fixed!!! In this rate, it is going to take years to fix everything and when everything is fixed. And at every fix, all characters will be unbalanced and you will spend months to balance them out.

Endless effort with no revenue for Ubisoft and with zero fun for us, the players.

Finally, your statistics are based on a community of bullies, not the real community of fighting games fans (because your For honor community doesn't have any real players anymore). Don't take decisions based on your collected data!! Please!!! this is a big mistake!!! It is a the spiral feedback of death for this game!!

ZaElder
12-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Let me give you an example. Shinobi was a very balanced character. I was very impressed at first. I thought Ubisoft finally understood what it takes to create a perfect fighting character. It was an almost perfectly balanced character. Then you buffed him by increasing his health!!! You broke his awesome balance to match the other unbalanced characters based on your statistics!
Let's be honest, players wasn't picking much this character because it was broken, they simply didn't want to pick a balanced character, they wanted an "unbalanced" and "unfair" one to use it to bully other players. This is the FACT. If you only measure the character with data, then yes, Shinobi was not winning much, or yes it was not picked much, so you decided to BUFF HIM UP. Is this a right decision in this case? Is it based on clear statistics facts? I don't think so. I think you should remodel your data mining or develop a new deep learning neural network to include players behaviors to be correlated to the character data you collect if you really want to go serious about using your data.

Jarl.Felix
12-21-2017, 12:07 AM
They released cancer and op chars in season two. Player base droped like a rock. Outrage was big as hell.

Then something happened. Even tho' Ubifail wants to attract as many casual players possible by adding easy and spamable heroes, in season 3 they released balanced heroes. I started to think they finaly can see the other way and focus on balance and respect for all the type of players.

Then season 4 arrived and all **** became cancer and spam.

We gave them hundreds of "DATA", informations, opinions, etc. and they simply don't want to listen. This game was even almost boicoted once due to lack of communication from the dev team.

When you can't adapt, game dies. Simple as that.

It's funny, cause they also know they can't afford to loose a SINGLE player due to incredibly low playerbase ( that's why they spam the forums with "we're working hard" , "soon" posts, to keep players close).and STILL, they focus on reddit memes, emotes, emojies, masks and crap things instead of focusing on balancing the core and mechanics of the game. Lack of vision.