PDA

View Full Version : "Easy Anticheat Not Installed"??

Hormly
12-18-2017, 10:06 PM
So after the weekend dedicated servers event passed I find I can no longer boot the game from steam, Instead I get this 'anticheat not installed' message and it shuts down.

Anyone else?

Tilter.
12-18-2017, 10:09 PM
So after the weekend dedicated servers event passed I find I can no longer boot the game from steam, Instead I get this 'anticheat not installed' message and it shuts down.

Anyone else?

Just Verify your game and it will work again.

Hormly
12-18-2017, 10:33 PM
ah that did the trick, thanks man

BTTrinity
12-18-2017, 10:54 PM
Verifying the games files takes to long, just for installing easy anti cheat.. Just find your game folder (For me it was under: Program Files x86 / steam / steamapps / common / For Honor / Easy Anti Cheat) When you're in the easy anti cheat folder, use Easy Anti Cheat setup.

FredEx919
12-18-2017, 11:00 PM
Both of those should work and the option for verifying game files does tend to be a bit longer. Sometimes up to 30 minutes. We recently posted this with the steps, but you've all covered it here. This happens due to a problem where uninstalling a version of For Honor from the computer also removed instances of Easy Anti Cheat. https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1808036-Workaround-Easy-Anticheat-Errors-on-Open-Test (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1808036-Workaround-Easy-Anticheat-Errors-on-Open-Test)

Tilter.
12-19-2017, 08:35 AM
Verifying the games files takes to long, just for installing easy anti cheat.. Just find your game folder (For me it was under: Program Files x86 / steam / steamapps / common / For Honor / Easy Anti Cheat) When you're in the easy anti cheat folder, use Easy Anti Cheat setup.

Yeah, perhaps that's a better method but I didn't want to bother looking for the easyanticheat path so I just did verify since I figured it would work and since my PC is good enough that it takes less than 5 minutes it wasn't a big problem for me.

BTTrinity
12-19-2017, 01:57 PM
Yeah, perhaps that's a better method but I didn't want to bother looking for the easyanticheat path so I just did verify since I figured it would work and since my PC is good enough that it takes less than 5 minutes it wasn't a big problem for me.

Yeah, I dont have an SSD so it would take me a bit to verify, also Verifying didnt work for me so I NEEDED to find EAC's path to install :(