PDA

View Full Version : What I think needs to happen to Aramusha (I have him @ rep 8)

BTTrinity
12-18-2017, 06:57 PM
I play a lot of Ara, Rep 8.... So I should be pretty insightful as to what Ara needs....

Let me start off by saying, if theres ANY way to get assassins out of his infinite chain without reducing his light speed... That would be preferred, as most players outside of the assassin class has no trouble blocking him how he currently is.

So, if assassins get an easier escape then Ara needs an UB opener. Make it so he can use kick without Blade Blockade, but make it a "Light Forward Kick" meaning it doesnt send the enemy flying into ledges and wallsplats, but keeps the enemy within melee range to open them up to his combo mixups. (Everyone should have a quick UB opener like this, Warlord, Glad, Shaman, et cet)

Give him a heavy off GB

Rock Steady could use a small cool-down like the other T2 abilities, and it should not prevent CC moves like Shugo Hug and Lawbringer Pancake Flip from doing their jobs.

Now that I have the majority of the community's oncerns out of the way, were gonna move onto MY two biggest issues with Aramusha:

1. He can be guard broken, at any point out of LITERALLY EVERY ATTACK IN HIS MOVESET including his zone.

2. When the Aramusha and his opponent are parallel to eachother, facing eachother near a wall, Aramusha CANT throw to his left and right and will always throw behind him.

Those 2 things NEED to be fixed NEXT UPDATE.

Steell241
12-20-2017, 12:19 AM
This is a really good post, there's no bias either, we need honesty like this.

Lol no I'm not lying either, I agree completely

UbiInsulin
12-20-2017, 12:49 AM
Hi! We have let the team know about assassin players' difficulties with Aramusha, the concern about Aramausha being guardbroken (particularly out of lights), and the wall throwing issue. Thanks for bringing these to our attention!

Vakris_One
12-20-2017, 12:54 AM
I play a lot of Ara, Rep 8.... So I should be pretty insightful as to what Ara needs....

Let me start off by saying, if theres ANY way to get assassins out of his infinite chain without reducing his light speed... That would be preferred, as most players outside of the assassin class has no trouble blocking him how he currently is.

So, if assassins get an easier escape then Ara needs an UB opener. Make it so he can use kick without Blade Blockade, but make it a "Light Forward Kick" meaning it doesnt send the enemy flying into ledges and wallsplats, but keeps the enemy within melee range to open them up to his combo mixups. (Everyone should have a quick UB opener like this, Warlord, Glad, Shaman, et cet)

Give him a heavy off GB

Rock Steady could use a small cool-down like the other T2 abilities, and it should not prevent CC moves like Shugo Hug and Lawbringer Pancake Flip from doing their jobs.

Now that I have the majority of the community's oncerns out of the way, were gonna move onto MY two biggest issues with Aramusha:

1. He can be guard broken, at any point out of LITERALLY EVERY ATTACK IN HIS MOVESET including his zone.

2. When the Aramusha and his opponent are parallel to eachother, facing eachother near a wall, Aramusha CANT throw to his left and right and will always throw behind him.

Those 2 things NEED to be fixed NEXT UPDATE.
I agree with this. And those two bugs really should have been fixed in the last patch already. The guard break one at least can be easily replicated by the devs, just get one person to GB at the startup of each of the Aramusha's attacks and they will see that the GB just grabs him through his attack animation.

BTTrinity
12-20-2017, 01:20 AM
Hi! We have let the team know about assassin players' difficulties with Aramusha, the concern about Aramausha being guardbroken (particularly out of lights), and the wall throwing issue. Thanks for bringing these to our attention!

BTTrinity
12-20-2017, 01:22 AM
I agree with this. And those two bugs really should have been fixed in the last patch already. The guard break one at least can be easily replicated by the devs, just get one person to GB at the startup of each of the Aramusha's attacks and they will see that the GB just grabs him through his attack animation.

Yeah, they both have costed me kills and lives, it can be pretty frustrating.

Alustar.
12-20-2017, 01:57 AM
I'm honestly surprise he could use the kick from static.
I think if they did the reflex hated issues, maybe show down the first two lights in his chain then after successful hits they get faster? Combine that with giving him an at will unlockable/opener for turtles and he wild be great, I might actually pick him up more.

BTTrinity
12-20-2017, 04:49 AM
I'm honestly surprise he could use the kick from static.
I think if they did the reflex hated issues, maybe show down the first two lights in his chain then after successful hits they get faster? Combine that with giving him an at will unlockable/opener for turtles and he wild be great, I might actually pick him up more.

Not a bad idea, instead of 500ms chaining into 400ms... It could be 500ms chains into 450ms into a 400ms?

Howard_T_J
12-20-2017, 06:04 AM
Can deflects interrupt his chain at least? I've grown weary of trying to deflect him. Due to the the fact his chain continues and hits me while i'm returning to guard stance.

mrmistark
12-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Can deflects interrupt his chain at least? I've grown weary of trying to deflect him. Due to the the fact his chain continues and hits me while i'm returning to guard stance.

See, in normal combat I very rarely can deflect as the parry timing is so imbedded in my mind I dodge on parry rather than slightly after, so deflecting is difficult for me. When an aramusha starts light spamming, as soon as I get hit on the side, I immediately dodge forward (chain goes either side too, back to side, top....ect.) and I get it almost every time, and again, I am not by any means a good deflector. Try it out and see how it goes!

Takuram
12-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Yeah it can... Im able to do it on XBOX against light spammers, but your deflect must be on point if you're not playing zerker.... how many times as a shaman I got the deflect only to be stopped by the next light because I wasn't ffast enough to hit the light attack...

Vakris_One
12-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Yes but it depends on how fast your attack after deflect comes out. Orochi seems to have the short end of the stick with deflect against Musha from what I've noticed. I can most often than not hit an Orochi before they can do their light stab on me. From my experience characters that can successfully pull off a deflect against Musha are:
● Peacekeeper - pretty fast bleed poke
● Gladiator - pretty fast stab
● Shaman - very fast bleed poke
● Valkyrie - her deflect seems to have a stunning property that holds you in place as she stabs you
● Shinobi - the Shinobi's deflect re-orientates you and breaks you out of your attack completely
● Beserker - he guardbreaks you but I suspect this only works because the Musha has a bug which allows an opponent's GB to go through the startup of any of their attacks including his zone.

Characters that are inconsistent in their ability to successfully deflect Musha:
● Orochi - if they deflect a side hit the Musha's top light will hit them before they can do their light stab on him. If they deflect the top light sometimes the Musha's side light can also hit them faster than they can stab the Musha.

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Valk is supieror block to shoulder pin

Howard_T_J
12-21-2017, 12:50 AM
Yup. I'll actually hit him before he hits me after deflect. But It wont interrupt his chain. I"ll have to dig a video or two up.

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 01:56 AM
Deflect works, but the follow up attack must come simultaneously with the deflect action.