PDA

View Full Version : Time open servers ended on... A Monday?

xXSpectrelordXx
12-18-2017, 06:33 PM
I've just spend hours at college and come home, ready to get those last 2 orders done on the open test, but it ended at 1, so not only me but every person who worked all day, has missed those rewards, what the hell ubisoft, what happened to the uk 8pm end time, not 1 pm. Any possibility it's extended for us?

CandleInTheDark
12-18-2017, 06:42 PM
I've just spend hours at college and come home, ready to get those last 2 orders done on the open test, but it ended at 1, so not only me but every person who worked all day, has missed those rewards, what the hell ubisoft, what happened to the uk 8pm end time, not 1 pm. Any possibility it's extended for us?

It was 8pm eastern and always advertised as that, that's 1am utc so yeah early hours monday in europe

Hammelsneid
12-19-2017, 01:22 PM
Somewhat funny, how even with a european developer behind a game europeans can't get any home advatange over the US ..

Charmzzz
12-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Somewhat funny, how even with a european developer behind a game europeans can't get any home advatange over the US ..

Somewhat funny how people always try to argue with "alternative facts": Developer: Ubisoft Montreal -> Canadian

Source: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/for-honor

And why, in the first place, should anybody get a "home advantage" in a world wide published video game? Btw I am european, too, but I never cared about something like this except Trump being the new POTUS.

Vakris_One
12-19-2017, 01:43 PM
It was 8pm eastern and always advertised as that, that's 1am utc so yeah early hours monday in europe
As Candle said, it ended on Monday at 1am in the UK (GMT). The last day of the test was Sunday.

Ubisoft are indeed a French company but it is Ubisoft Montreal that are the developers of For Honor and they are based in Canada.

CandleInTheDark
12-19-2017, 01:45 PM

What advantage did anyone get? It was open the same time for everyone, the times were advertised in advance and given their studios are in Montreal, yes it is going to end evening their time just as it started at a time that most gamers there would be going to work.

Armosias
12-19-2017, 02:00 PM
Actually we in Europe have can play freshly updated game every tuesday upon coming back from work, and Candle can have a life and follow every warrior's den for you guys. Also I want to point out that some of the FH team actually are french, at least that's what I believe from their names and accents. (Just checked and looks like Stéphane Cardin, Roman and Damien all worked at Ubi Paris)

Vakris_One
12-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Actually we in Europe have can play freshly updated game every tuesday upon coming back from work, and Candle can have a life and follow every warrior's den for you guys. Also I want to point out that some of the FH team actually are french, at least that's what I believe from their names and accents. (Just checked and looks like Stéphane Cardin, Roman and Damien all worked at Ubi Paris)
Yes, most of them are French and Ubisoft is a French company based in Rennes (a city in northwestern France). But the team that work on For Honor are Ubisoft Montreal and they are based in Canada.

Hammelsneid
12-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Hehe, omg, I didn't want to rant at all, guys. I'm super happy with everything. I was awar of the fact, that Ubi doesn't sit in France as a whole. But I also can understand OP's complain, thats why I shot right out the hip inappropriate. Sorry for that.

UbiJurassic
12-19-2017, 11:29 PM

As Candle mentioned, December 18th at 1 AM UTC was the end time we provided players in our FAQ and formal communications on all outlets. If there was some sort of miscommunication in which you were told differently, I apologize.