PDA

View Full Version : How to balance this game's broken moves [suggestion]

Grozni.
12-17-2017, 01:34 AM
Start real balancing by removing stamina completely.

This game starting to be based on stamina only. It removes creativity with feints, slows down game pace, and renders attackers completely paralyzed. Why game rewards defence so much, and punishes attackers so hefty?

Goat_of_Vermund
12-17-2017, 06:45 PM
Certain characters could spam the hell out of their zones without stamina cost. Some gladiators do that even with the stamina cost, he wouldn't really need other moves if he could use it again and again (and the second part of it is feintable, so dodging it doesn't even works).

Castironpan1
12-17-2017, 10:35 PM
I agree. Some moves would have to be modified, or perhaps, individual moves had timer-delays to avoid repetition -- But I know that many characters would be able to "keep up" more if they didn't run out of stamina so quickly.

Fuluus
12-18-2017, 03:07 AM
disagree heavily

Grozni.
12-18-2017, 09:38 AM
Certain characters could spam the hell out of their zones without stamina cost. Some gladiators do that even with the stamina cost, he wouldn't really need other moves if he could use it again and again (and the second part of it is feintable, so dodging it doesn't even works).
seems to me that those ZONES, are unbalanced, and need balancing.. am i right?

Playing_Mantis
12-18-2017, 11:59 AM
this guys ideas are terrible....sorry Grozni but everything i read from you seems like u should probably just be playing a different game. remove stamina?? and rework all the zones to not be separable?? worst idea ever man. go play mortal combat...

Grozni.
12-18-2017, 04:35 PM
this guys ideas are terrible....sorry Grozni but everything i read from you seems like u should probably just be playing a different game. remove stamina?? and rework all the zones to not be separable?? worst idea ever man. go play mortal combat...

I appreciate your honest opinion :)
However, i don't see where did i state that zones should be separable? I'm just saying, that some zones are grossly overpowered compared to others. Why shouldn't this be balanced? Removing stamina would actually show you how unbalanced this game is. that's all i wanted to say.

PS. I Do come from Mortal Kombat - what an amazing and fluent fighter game, where you get to read your opponent and win that way.. Unlike here - where you just pick currently most OP char, and spam OP moves :)

Grozni.
12-19-2017, 03:06 AM
I still think that stamina ruins and slows down this game..

Duskmare
12-19-2017, 06:32 AM
Hmm, sorry I disagree too. Stamina is a pretty key factor in the game. Honestly I prefer a slower game too. I don't just want the game to be won every time by the guy with faster reflexes. Sometimes the more skillful player is the slower, more methodical one. Giving players time to process the information on screen and then react with intelligent strategies will always be more fun than simply having the light spam characters always winning unless they come up against someone that can react fast enough to parry every light.

What this game needs is more vulnerable moments. Longer recoveries on missed attacks. A moment of helplessness after a dodge so that needless dodges can be punished. Being able to guard break dodge attacks, because guard break isn't an effective counter if they can enter a dodge attack straight way. As for defence, interrupt blocks need to be harder to pull off. Like a parry but without hitting heavy at the same time.

Cuckk_Monkey
12-19-2017, 07:28 AM
feints should just cost a lot less stamina. you shouldn't run out of stamina from feinting, and feinting shouldn't cost more stamina than the attack itself

Grozni.
12-19-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm afraid nobody actually understands the true point of my post (which title is a tad agressive). And that is - remove stamina ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES.

It would show very fast which atks are op.

@Duskmare: evem though you disagree with me, i agree with you. Something has to be done. No risk tactics shouldnt exist.

Grozni.
12-19-2017, 02:53 PM
feints should just cost a lot less stamina. you shouldn't run out of stamina from feinting, and feinting shouldn't cost more stamina than the attack itself

Im trying to bring attention to this for about a year now! You are being punished for creativity. 1 or 2 feints, and if you get parried after that, game over. Stamina rape :)

De4thCl4w15
12-20-2017, 12:53 PM
A shaman can spam heavy then a light bleed very fast now to fix this since she get a large amount of damage from a quick pounce so to fix it ubi should make it so her main bleed is from a fast heavy and then they cant spam light bleed + pounce