PDA

View Full Version : Rework question

Devils-_-legacy
12-17-2017, 12:23 AM
I finally found a hero I suite the play style of the beserker but I heard he was the first in line for re works so I was wondering if the mods knew of it is a complete overhaul or more moves and tweaks?

bob333e
12-17-2017, 12:26 AM
No details are given around the reworks on Berserker, Conqueror and Kensei, unfortunately. We're all left in the grey until the devs share something. And the reworks are likely a year 2 thing. Doubt they'll release them before end of year.

Devils-_-legacy
12-17-2017, 01:14 AM
I just like his moves :( if it's a complete overhaul I dunno if there's any point in playing him till he gets the reworks I've already got him to 180

Knight_Raime
12-17-2017, 06:50 AM
No details yet. Next dev stream was promised to be a big one. We're too early in the season to hear about the next. So that either means we will see/hear solid information about the first 3 reworks or actual details on the parry changes which have now been delayed till next season. Of course it could be some third thing. But I don't know what else could be big.

Devils-_-legacy
12-17-2017, 06:57 AM
I understand how the reworks would work and how there going to upgrade I'm just hoping to keep his aoe haha I was hoping they would be in the next warrior den as they basically got the dedicated servers down and imo they should be high on the there list hopefully they would be next season start

Knight_Raime
12-17-2017, 07:01 AM
I understand how the reworks would work and how there going to upgrade I'm just hoping to keep his aoe haha I was hoping they would be in the next warrior den as they basically got the dedicated servers down and imo they should be high on the there list hopefully they would be next season start

I believe the devs said once the major mechanics were fixed (defensive meta) they'd divert majority attention to hero reworks. They are heavily in the process of reworking conq, zerk, and kensei. Some other heros (they didn't name) are also at varrying levels of progress. But lately Majority of their attention was getting the last of the promised season pass heros out and working on moving to dedi servers with a new lag comp system. I would say considering how much they move around their work that it's possible we will see rework gameplay in january. Maybe release of at least one rework end of january or start of feb.

Devils-_-legacy
12-17-2017, 07:06 AM
Im glad there priorities have changed to the reworks seeing the gap in kit from og hero's to s4 I hope they release at teaser of sorts at christmass

Tundra 793
12-17-2017, 09:19 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the devs mentioned that they were doing additional mocap work for the heroes getting reworked. So that might mean new moves, but that's all I know of for sure.

Collision, hitbox reading, cloth physics, ragdoll physics, hit tracking, and various other stuff that all in all allow for smooth implementation of a character and his/her moveset into the world of For Honor. This of course includes interaction between two heroes (combat scenario). Hit tracking, hitbox reading, stagger effects, recovery times...

I'd have thought those types of things were tied more to the game engine than individual character models? That way all characters, old and new, obey the same laws within the game.

Alustar.
12-17-2017, 01:36 PM
Game animation rigging is more complex than that so it wouldn't allow for a copy/paste scenario of certain strings. The armatures for the rigs are usually always set up independently of each other.
A good Example would be comparing the rigs of the raider vs the shinobi. Between the size of the character model and the differences in rigs(shinobi and his dual Kusarigamas move and react completely different than the Raider and his two handed axe) you have two completely separate game assets. The rig of any character has to be bound to the rig in such a way that each "bone" in the armature deforms the character model properly. So were the Raider and shinobi to share animations in this example you'd likely see some artifacts within the animations, usually a shinobi arm extending far beyond normal or a raider leg spinning on its axis due to a lack of proper length between bones.

What is typically tied to the engine itself is the capability for ragdoll effects and physics that allow for complex animations. These values will then affect rigs uniformly, telling bones how to spin and rotates based on Collision, direction and speed.

Tundra 793
12-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Game animation rigging is more complex than that so it wouldn't allow for a copy/paste scenario of certain strings. The armatures for the rigs are usually always set up independently of each other.
A good Example would be comparing the rigs of the raider vs the shinobi. Between the size of the character model and the differences in rigs(shinobi and his dual Kusarigamas move and react completely different than the Raider and his two handed axe) you have two completely separate game assets. The rig of any character has to be bound to the rig in such a way that each "bone" in the armature deforms the character model properly. So were the Raider and shinobi to share animations in this example you'd likely see some artifacts within the animations, usually a shinobi arm extending far beyond normal or a raider leg spinning on its axis due to a lack of proper length between bones.

What is typically tied to the engine itself is the capability for ragdoll effects and physics that allow for complex animations. These values will then affect rigs uniformly, telling bones how to spin and rotates based on Collision, direction and speed.

https://i.imgur.com/IW8simF.gif