PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking In...FAIL

Pwnsky
12-16-2017, 10:54 AM
So I had called it quits after the last major update when gladiator and highlander were released when I realized you were more concerned with peddling new content to try to get more money out of people instead of balancing the content you already had and fixing major issues such as connectivity (cough cough dedicated servers). After all that BS I still was determined to play but then you introduced a quit penalty for casual play, which was the final straw essentially.

Connection to your games is horrible, there are multiple pauses per game, and thats only if you're lucky enough to still be in the game. Most people get dropped 1/10 games, and whatever abortion of a formula you came up for to make matches even is god fu*$king awful. It is different for your other titles, such as R6. Casual play doesnt get penalized unless you're a habitual offender, and if you leave a ranked game (or get dropped, cough cough again), you can at least pass time playing casual. Yet, leave one completely f&$ked game in For Honor and you have a 10 minute penalty, where you cannot play anything else while you wait for this ******ed counter to go away.

So anyway, back to present. I figured you guys could unf&%k a game in this amount of time, since it has been a few months, and the game would become enjoyable again.Man does your reputation not disappoint. You have now added two more completely unbalanced characters that are well outside the norm of your original character mechanics (I could look past this and figure out a way to beat them), but low and behold YET AGAIN, 3 games in and I get matched against a level 100 something (im rep lvl 33), but 2 minutes into the game you literally DROP MY ENTIRE FU&KING TEAM. I figure it's not worth it to waste the next 10 minutes of my life getting raped and skull f&*ked so I leave, and I am brought back to the immediate realization of why I left in the first place. 10 MINUTE PENALTY. BECAUSE YOU ARE F*%KING ******ED AND CANT UNFU$K A SIMPLE GAME. For the love of God, just sell the rights to the game to someone competent enough to do the job you were supposed to do in the first place. It's beginning to get pathetic.

Scrubnubloard
12-16-2017, 11:34 AM
What's pathetic is a guy getting this mad at a game that he hasn't Been playing for a while. He doesn't know that the open tests are out for the dedicated severs (at least as far as I know). No where in my entire time of playing have I been kicked from a match and it gave me the penalty the new hero's are very powerful and I absolutely hate fighting against the shaman. Bet you also didnt know tgere reworking the old hero's to match up to the new ones. But come on if you quit playing the game because of the hero's then your never going to enjoy the game. Every time something new comes out you'll just get mad and stop. So stop complaining and learn it or leave no one here cares about your complaints. They don't help the game they're not bugs. They're just you being mad.

Tundra 793
12-16-2017, 01:31 PM
peddling new content

The release of the 6 new heroes was known before the game even launched, and we were told when they would launch. This is not peddling content, this is fulfilling promises made to the consumers.

(cough cough dedicated servers)

(cough cough they're testing those servers right now)

introduced a quit penalty for casual play

The quit penalty was a much requested feature from the community for two reasons;

1 - Every time someone quits a match, they risk causing instability or potentially even crashing the game for the remaining players.

2 - To prevent rage quitting.

I've no idea how "casual play" fits into this equation, do you just randomly leave games you don't like?
Regardless, there's a 30 second grace period at the start of each match where you can quit without penalty.

Connection to your games is horrible, there are multiple pauses per game, and thats only if you're lucky enough to still be in the game. Most people get dropped 1/10 games, and whatever abortion of a formula you came up for to make matches even is god fu*$king awful. It is different for your other titles, such as R6.

Hence the testing, and hopefully-soon-to-be released dedicated servers. We know, and they know, their P2P system is completely off the rails. It's better than it has been, but still far too inconsistent.

Yet, leave one completely f&$ked game in For Honor and you have a 10 minute penalty, where you cannot play anything else while you wait for this ******ed counter to go away.

Well that answers my earlier question; You don't like getting punished for rage quitting. To the rest of us, the penalty's just doing what it was intended to do.

So anyway, back to present. I figured you guys could unf&%k a game in this amount of time, since it has been a few months,

The process of migrating from the P2P system to dedicated servers is apparently really complex and difficult, and I'm sure the developers are very sorry they can't do everything you want them to do, in a timely manner befitting you.

Pwnsky
12-16-2017, 05:06 PM
The term "casual play" comes from R6. It means non ranked play, aka casual or for fun. There's nothing fun about having to sit for 10 minutes waiting to play a game, therefore I have completely quit the game, as many have. You can tell by the wait times for games now versus when the game came out, that this game is bleeding out. It had such potential, but was just managed horribly. I didnt post this article for the last few people that still play the game could run to its defense, I posted it to let Ubi know, yet again, a few reasons why they're bleeding their fan base for this title.

I understand the concept of rage quitting and just dont think that a quit penalty is the appropriate response, especially when they cannot matchmake or keep people from lagging out of the game in the first place. So you're essentially putting people into games that are going to be heavily unbalanced, dropping half the players, and then penalizing the remaining players for leaving because getting 5v1 ganked for 5-10 minutes isnt considered "fun."

Before they came out with the penalty, I wasn't a fan of the idea either. I wasn't someone to walk away from a game really nor did I ever rage quit, but every now and then you just get those unbalanced games, or you are playing with a team of bots or against a team of bots (which no matter what team you're on in that scenario, it's no fun) and it should be acceptable to leave, but I decided that I wasnt going to sit around for 10 minutes every time this happens with nothing to do or play. Why are we getting penalized when they are the ones who cant get their game mechanics out of the ****ter?

Again, this is mainly for them to see, not the 4 people left playing the game. Consider it constructive criticism so they dont have these issues in the future and ruin another potentially awesome game title.

Devils-_-legacy
12-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Casual player been in games since cod.....

Tundra 793
12-16-2017, 05:46 PM
The term "casual play" comes from R6. It means non ranked play, aka casual or for fun.

Most people would say that one doesn't need to win, nor even do exceptionally well in all games to have fun. If your idea of fun includes consistent winning, and a K/D ratio that's always at least 2, I recommend ranked play.

You can tell by the wait times for games now versus when the game came out, that this game is bleeding out.

Or, a ton of players are busy checking out the new dedicated servers Ubisoft's testing right now, because there's a whole bunch of awesome rewards for the players that do participate.

I understand the concept of rage quitting and just dont think that a quit penalty is the appropriate response, especially when they cannot matchmake or keep people from lagging out of the game in the first place.

Players aren't penalized when the game crashes, or boots them. The penalty only applies when you intentionally quit after the 30 second grace period. Working as intended.

So you're essentially putting people into games that are going to be heavily unbalanced, dropping half the players

Your personal experiences, or exaggeration of them, do not represent the entire community's experiences. Myself and others here have no shortage of stories where we could turn losing games around, even if we joined late and had a bot on the team.

because getting 5v1 ganked for 5-10 minutes isnt considered "fun."

If you keep getting "5v1" ganked, you're doing something wrong. Apparently you even made 1 of your teammates help gank you, but you also apparently just never try to team up.
You have a team of 4 people, yourself included. If 3 of them run left, who's ordering you to go right alone?

I wasn't someone to walk away from a game really nor did I ever rage quit, but every now and then you just get those unbalanced games, or you are playing with a team of bots or against a team of bots

If you come here to complain that the leaver penalty occurs frequently enough to bother you, you do quit too often.

and it should be acceptable to leave

Like I said before; You have 30 seconds to leave any match you join for whatever reason. After that point I don't think it's too much to ask that you commit to 10 minutes of actual gaming. You'll either spend 10-20 having a good game, or just let the other team win in 5 minutes, in which case you'll still be up 5 minutes than if you just rage quit.

Consider it constructive criticism

I don't think you can proclaim it constructive criticism, and not expect your critique to be scrutinized.

What I think is actually going on here is; You left the game over a season ago, came back and didn't perform as well as you would have liked. It's entirely the games fault, and there's nothing you can do whatsoever to alleviate any of the problems you mention.

Except half the things you have a problem with, do have solutions. You could stop quitting games early for starters.

Saml84
12-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Yet again a fight between a ubisoft haiter a for honor fanboy.

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 06:07 PM
The term "casual play" comes from R6. It means non ranked play, aka casual or for fun. There's nothing fun about having to sit for 10 minutes waiting to play a game
You can still play an all bot matche for any mode while you wait for the penalty to tick down.

therefore I have completely quit the game, as many have. You can tell by the wait times for games now versus when the game came out, that this game is bleeding out.
Were you there when the game came out or are you just repeating second hand accounts of what others have said? Compared to the Open beta and the first Season of For Honor you could arguably say there were more players playing in terms of numbers. I don't have the full statistics to compare so I can't say for sure but what I can say is that on PC the matchmaking wait times for game modes like Duel, Dominion and Brawl are within normal parameters. It's never taken me longer than a minute to find a match in those modes. In fact it used to take longer in Season 2, which was after the protest black outs. Skirmish and Elimination are the only two modes that can be considered tumbleweed city but that's been the case since early Season 2 - most people generally don't like Skirmish and there's far too many Honor vs Gank player philosophy clashes to make Elimination fun anymore since the first Season.

There has been a steady influx of players since Season 3 onwards however and that is evident in the shorter wait times now when compared to Season 2. So to say the game is bleeding out is factually incorrect.

It had such potential, but was just managed horribly. I didnt post this article for the last few people that still play the game could run to its defense, I posted it to let Ubi know, yet again, a few reasons why they're bleeding their fan base for this title.
Fair enough to express your opinions. I disagree with your convenient generilastion that "few" people play this game that you are no longer invested in. It sounds like you want to falsely justify your position by guesstimating that you are in the majority rather than providing facts to back that claim up.

If you're interested in what Ubi have done to address the community's concerns since you were away you should check out their dedicated servers test. As well as read up on their changes to lessen the defense meta such as removing the last bar of health regen and that they're getting ready to release the first batch of character reworks starting with Kensei, Zerker and Conq.

I understand the concept of rage quitting and just dont think that a quit penalty is the appropriate response, especially when they cannot matchmake or keep people from lagging out of the game in the first place. So you're essentially putting people into games that are going to be heavily unbalanced, dropping half the players, and then penalizing the remaining players for leaving because getting 5v1 ganked for 5-10 minutes isnt considered "fun."

Before they came out with the penalty, I wasn't a fan of the idea either. I wasn't someone to walk away from a game really nor did I ever rage quit, but every now and then you just get those unbalanced games, or you are playing with a team of bots or against a team of bots (which no matter what team you're on in that scenario, it's no fun) and it should be acceptable to leave, but I decided that I wasnt going to sit around for 10 minutes every time this happens with nothing to do or play. Why are we getting penalized when they are the ones who cant get their game mechanics out of the ****ter?
Well I never was a fan of implementing a quit penalty so soon without first improving their P2P and matchmaking quality but eventually they've gotten both to a relatively acceptable standard. Both are still inconsistent at times but they're better than before. You do get a 30 second grace period at the start of every match so you can leave then if you don't like the matchmaking. Leaving because you are losing is mostly a you problem though. Learn to not let losing bother you so much or learn to play bot matches until your penalty wears off in between PvP matches, you have choices here.

Bot-wise, the new level 3 bots are not to be trifled with. I'd prefer having a level 3 bot instead of some players to be honest. The lvl 3 bots have become dangerous mofos, check them out if you want.

Again, this is mainly for them to see, not the 4 people left playing the game. Consider it constructive criticism so they dont have these issues in the future and ruin another potentially awesome game title.
Constructive criticism generally involves suggesstions and ideas as to what they can do to improve the issues, not just making a bunch of complaints without offering solutions while claiming the playerbase is dead.

Tundra 793
12-16-2017, 06:13 PM

How enlightening.

Not to feed the troll, but just to make a point I feel that needs to be made; Just because two people are on different sides in a discussion, doesn't lop them into any category, like "fanboy".
Honestly, me and Pwnsky are probably more on the same side than anything else. We just want For Honor to work. How we go about making that point is the only real difference.

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Or perhaps just two people disagreeing with each others opinions while both wanting a better game. Too much gray area and complex thinking though right? Right, we need to pigeon-hole this into a hater vs fanboy meme check. Quickly now, before someone is forced to think outside of their comfort zone box :)

Saml84
12-16-2017, 06:37 PM
How enlightening.

Not to feed the troll, but just to make a point I feel that needs to be made; Just because two people are on different sides in a discussion, doesn't lop them into any category, like "fanboy".
Honestly, me and Pwnsky are probably more on the same side than anything else. We just want For Honor to work. How we go about making that point is the only real difference.
The truth of the matter is it the right place for the game is somewhere in between your viewpoints and I'm just tired of seeing threads where two people are arguing about stuff and there is no point to when you are not trying to say anything productive and are just fighting for the sake of an argument this guy has his opinion of the game and you have yours why can't you just leave it at that.

Tundra 793
12-16-2017, 06:50 PM
when you are not trying to say anything productive and are just fighting for the sake of an argument

You seem to only be looking at the discussion, not the points we're making.

I do say something productive. Pwnsky expressed disapproval of the quit penalty, I elaborated on why it's actually in the game. He said that the developers were focused on peddling new content, I explained that a lot of the content we're getting was promised to us before the game even launched.
While he's absolutely right about the P2P network problems, I also highlighted that there's a public test going on right of the dedicated servers, and I hope he'll try them out.

The points I made are vastly more productive than you calling Pwnsky a hater, and me a fanboy.

this guy has his opinion of the game and you have yours why can't you just leave it at that.

Because if we all did that, there'd be no point in having a forum. Or Reddit. Or anything really, if we all just stated an opinion, and no one could argue with it.

We engage in discussions, or me specifically in this instance, to enlighten, discuss, prove or disprove statements made by someone else. Pwnsky is entitled to his opinion, and I'm not going to argue with him until we both die of old age, but some of the things he said I know to be objectively wrong, or misinformed. I hope that injecting another opinion in his thread might help him, or others like him, to see things from a different point of view.

Saml84
12-16-2017, 07:00 PM
You seem to only be looking at the discussion, not the points we're making.

I do say something productive. Pwnsky expressed disapproval of the quit penalty, I elaborated on why it's actually in the game. He said that the developers were focused on peddling new content, I explained that a lot of the content we're getting was promised to us before the game even launched.
While he's absolutely right about the P2P network problems, I also highlighted that there's a public test going on right of the dedicated servers, and I hope he'll try them out.

The points I made are vastly more productive than you calling Pwnsky a hater, and me a fanboy.

Because if we all did that, there'd be no point in having a forum. Or Reddit. Or anything really, if we all just stated an opinion, and no one could argue with it.

We engage in discussions, or me specifically in this instance, to enlighten, discuss, prove or disprove statements made by someone else. Pwnsky is entitled to his opinion, and I'm not going to argue with him until we both die of old age, but some of the things he said I know to be objectively wrong, or misinformed. I hope that injecting another opinion in his thread might help him, or others like him, to see things from a different point of view.
All of these problems have already been argued hundreds of times over all types of places like YouTube comment sections, Twitter, and even on this forum. I don't know why you want to do the whole argument over again when everyone knows both sides to these types of complaints.

CandleInTheDark
12-16-2017, 07:07 PM
All of these problems have already been argued hundreds of times over all types of places like YouTube comment sections, Twitter, and even on this forum. I don't know why you want to do the whole argument over again when everyone knows both sides to these types of complaints.

So outside the fact that you're either not reading Tundra's posts or ignoring anything that doesn't fit your narrative given the dedicated server test isn't part of those arguments you claim to have read, why are you here? No one is making you read this thread on this board, youtube comments are underneath the video, you don't have to read reddit comments. So what does coming into here do for you and what does your contribution, the first post of which was a whole twelve words of name calling, do for this discussion or anyone else taking part in it?

Pwnsky has a view, he is entitled to it and to express it, people are entitled to agree with it or disagree with it or to agree with parts of one post but not others. Tundra has counter arguments and something Pwnsky may not have known and is also entitled to express them. You, on the other hand, are basically telling us that because you have read conversations like this before neither Pwnsky nor Tundra are entitled to discuss their views.

Saml84
12-16-2017, 07:33 PM
So outside the fact that you're either not reading Tundra's posts or ignoring anything that doesn't fit your narrative given the dedicated server test isn't part of those arguments you claim to have read, why are you here? No one is making you read this thread on this board, youtube comments are underneath the video, you don't have to read reddit comments. So what does coming into here do for you and what does your contribution, the first post of which was a whole twelve words of name calling do for this discussion or anyone else taking part in it?

Pwnsky has a view, he is entitled to it and to express it, people are entitled to agree with it or disagree with it or to agree with parts of one post but not others. Tundra has counter arguments and something Pwnsky may not have known. You, on the other hand, are basically telling us that because you have read conversations like this before neither Pwnsky nor Tundra are entitled to discuss their views.
All you are doing is continuing to prove my point that all of you are just here to argue and I'm not here for that I'm just saying what I see and think when I see a thread like this and there are plenty more people here that don't post on the forums but still look at them and I was one of them. I looked at the forums ever since the game came out and I've been playing since open beta and threads like this always pop up. I do see all of his points and I agree with some but there is no point to continue arguing for multiple posts where it is not going anywhere. I do realise that I got sucked in to the argument and that it contradicts what I have been saying but after 9 or so months I just wanted to get my opinion out there because everyone has a right to just like you said. I'm not trying to be mean although my first post in here seems like it is just frustrated.

ChampionRuby50g
12-16-2017, 09:41 PM
All you are doing is continuing to prove my point that all of you are just here to argue and I'm not here for that I'm just saying what I see and think when I see a thread like this and there are plenty more people here that don't post on the forums but still look at them and I was one of them. I looked at the forums ever since the game came out and I've been playing since open beta and threads like this always pop up. I do see all of his points and I agree with some but there is no point to continue arguing for multiple posts where it is not going anywhere. I do realise that I got sucked in to the argument and that it contradicts what I have been saying but after 9 or so months I just wanted to get my opinion out there because everyone has a right to just like you said. I'm not trying to be mean although my first post in here seems like it is just frustrated.

Probably one of the most hypocritical and contradictory comments I've seen.
You've come to say what you see and think, but are shaming Tundra and Candle for doing the exact same thing. It shouldn't matter that there are threads like this in the past, because there will be them in the future. We each have our right to debate the topic again and again, and just because you've seen it before doesn't mean that anyone else here has. Yes the topic may be getting repeated, but these people have every right to go and say what they think.
They are arguing because they both care about the game, and there is every point in arguing because no two debates are the same. It may be the same topic, but it's two different people, two different opinions and two different ways of arguing said topic.

Pwnsky
12-18-2017, 07:04 AM
Man there are some dumb dense mf on here lol. It's good to hear that they are working on dedicated servers, although it is too little too late. But that is really a secondary concern of why I quit. My main issue is with **** matchmaking and people dropping. Those saying "You have thirty seconds to quit when a match starts" are completely missing the point Im trying to make. 1 out of 3 or 4 games I play have half the people in the game drop, but that doesn't ever come in the first 30 seconds so wtf good is that? And literally only about 1 in 10 games do I not get at least one (or 5) pauses due to server/connectivity issues. Most of the time you're getting pauses every 30 seconds to a minute, which is extremely frustrating, especially if you're engaged or in the middle of a combo.

When I'm telling you that about the (most recent) time I was getting ganked, its because my entire team is made up of Bots and the opposing team is not (because my entire team dropped all at once 2 minutes into the game, as I've already mentioned previously). Why shouldn't you leave in those instances? I have no problem in staying in a losing game, and I've had plenty of comebacks. I HAVE NO PROBLEM PLAYING OUT A GAME, EVEN A LOSING ONE. BUT WHEN YOU HAVE CONSISTENT CONNECTION PROBLEMS OR HALF OF THE PEOPLE IN THE GAME GET DROPPED AND YOURE PLAYING AGAINST MOSTLY BOTS OR WITH ONLY BOTS THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN AND THERE IS NO POINT TO STAY AND WASTE YOUR TIME. I play PvP online because I want to play against actual people.. If you can't keep up to that commitment, then don't offer it.

BTW it doesnt have anything to do with leaving because Im bad or losing. I was pretty good back when I actively played, and even after coming back and playing against new characters Ive never played against nor knew nothing of their skillset I was still going 9-3 and 7-1 before I left in the 3rd game because I was the only player left on my team, and then was immediately given a 10 minute penalty to remind me that this game is trash and the window for it to recover is closing.

PS I dont hate Ubisoft, but they do have a tendency to butcher their games in DLC, updates and balancing. I'd love to say Im sticking it to them by not playing their games but Im stilll playing R6 and its probably my favorite as of now. Guess we'll wait to see if they take away friendly fire. Then we can just call it FH2, or The Division 2

Charmzzz
12-18-2017, 09:30 AM
Man there are some dumb dense mf on here lol. It's good to hear that they are working on dedicated servers, although it is too little too late. But that is really a secondary concern of why I quit. My main issue is with **** matchmaking and people dropping. Those saying "You have thirty seconds to quit when a match starts" are completely missing the point Im trying to make. 1 out of 3 or 4 games I play have half the people in the game drop, but that doesn't ever come in the first 30 seconds so wtf good is that? And literally only about 1 in 10 games do I not get at least one (or 5) pauses due to server/connectivity issues. Most of the time you're getting pauses every 30 seconds to a minute, which is extremely frustrating, especially if you're engaged or in the middle of a combo.

When I'm telling you that about the (most recent) time I was getting ganked, its because my entire team is made up of Bots and the opposing team is not (because my entire team dropped all at once 2 minutes into the game, as I've already mentioned previously). Why shouldn't you leave in those instances? I have no problem in staying in a losing game, and I've had plenty of comebacks. I HAVE NO PROBLEM PLAYING OUT A GAME, EVEN A LOSING ONE. BUT WHEN YOU HAVE CONSISTENT CONNECTION PROBLEMS OR HALF OF THE PEOPLE IN THE GAME GET DROPPED AND YOURE PLAYING AGAINST MOSTLY BOTS OR WITH ONLY BOTS THEN THE GAME IS BROKEN AND THERE IS NO POINT TO STAY AND WASTE YOUR TIME. I play PvP online because I want to play against actual people.. If you can't keep up to that commitment, then don't offer it.

1. You complain about constant connectivity issues but dedicated servers are "too little too late"? The fact they implement them almost completely negates your whole argument and then you just say "too little too late"? What the actual f*ck is up with you? I have played the Open Test the last 4 days, and I had like 1 game dropped in over 70 I have played.

2. Doesn't matter if you only have Bots on your team, you can still stick with them. Btw the Bots go in groups mostly. If you cannot wait for them to spawn and stick with them - your problem. I have won matches with me as the only player on my team vs a full player enemy team. Level 3 Bots are pretty good, they parry Lights easily and hold points forever if they turtle. Go try to beat a Shaman Level 3 Bot, man, that B*tch just completely destroyed me the other day.

CandleInTheDark
12-18-2017, 11:48 AM

BTW it doesnt have anything to do with leaving because Im bad or losing. I was pretty good back when I actively played, and even after coming back and playing against new characters Ive never played against nor knew nothing of their skillset I was still going 9-3 and 7-1 before I left in the 3rd game because I was the only player left on my team, and then was immediately given a 10 minute penalty to remind me that this game is trash and the window for it to recover is closing.

PS I dont hate Ubisoft, but they do have a tendency to butcher their games in DLC, updates and balancing. I'd love to say Im sticking it to them by not playing their games but Im stilll playing R6 and its probably my favorite as of now. Guess we'll wait to see if they take away friendly fire. Then we can just call it FH2, or The Division 2

Yeah both of those can be issues. As to the connection, honestly I can say I didn't drop a single game nor have any resynchs during last weekend so hopefully when dedicated servers go in that fixes one problem in terms of winding up on teams of bots.

When it comes to matchmaking, yeah that is an issue, it is also one they are working on and should hopefully see some improvement from today's patch.

---
Reputation relaxation parameters will be updated with more reputation buckets. The objective with this is to have better granularity regarding Reputation Matchmaking. (i.e. this should give players more accurate matchups before relaxing to all buckets)
Skill values for Matchmaking will be rebalanced. This concerns all unranked modes. Your first matches after this change is applied are likely to match you against a wider variety of players than you would normally expect for your skill level. During this short period the Skill Comparison on the Face Off screen will be inaccurate as well. After these first few (10-20) matches the system will realign you to your proper Skill rating. The objective of this rebalancing is to allow people returning to the game after some time away to not find themselves steamrolled in matches with much more skilled players.
---

With luck that makes a real difference and if it doesn't,well they will try again, it is something that needs improvement.

Card1acArrest
12-18-2017, 02:25 PM
If i play vs a superior team, i sometimes just run with 2-3 ppl and you win the skirmishes but lose the battle.

it can be fun too ...