PDA

View Full Version : "Human-Pig Hybrid Created in the Lab" Nat-geo article... Here we are...

g4zh
12-15-2017, 02:29 PM
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/01/human-pig-hybrid-embryo-chimera-organs-health-science/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fb20171215news-resurfhumanpighybrid3&utm_campaign=Content&sf176363389=1

Yep you read it write... When reality is getting closer to sci-fi you know we're ****ed... I know this represent big opportunities to help humans, to solve problems and all, but I can't just accept it without thinking about all the bad things coming with it. For me, the most important stuff that sci-fi, and only sci-fi can do, is warning us about problems to come with progress and technology. Nowadays designers need to think about the role a new object would have in our society before even thinking about doing it. Like how smartphones changed the way people interact and consume, we need to think before acting.

What do you think about all that? Should we just leave science be free, no matter what subject they're working on? What do you think about ethics?