PDA

View Full Version : Those servers seem nice

Herbstlicht
12-14-2017, 06:48 PM
Just finished my orders. No problems. Connection seemed stable. Latency was ... Different. Not what I was used you. Can't remember the last time heavy swings got me as much as today. But I actually think it's more responsive now and I mostly parried too early.

Charmzzz
12-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Confirmed, some people say "it is worse than before", but I think they just have wrong timing for stable connections. Can only say what you did, works good for me.

CandleInTheDark
12-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Confirmed, some people say "it is worse than before", but I think they just have wrong timing for stable connections. Can only say what you did, works good for me.

And on the flip side I have had more lights parried than ever before, so people who do have the timings down are going to have no issue with heavies.

JESTER Z99
12-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Yes the servers are a blessing. worked perfect for me.

Herbstlicht
12-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Actually, it's kinda sad. It's only like a month or so left for me in the game. Then I will move to Monster Hunter world. Long planned and accompanied by friends who won't be giving For Honor yet another chance - though now it seems to be all right really. But I won't have the time for two engaging titles.
So I guess with the servers going live next month I might be saying my good-byes.

Oh my that would be sad. My Highlander is only reputation 20. He still needs 20 more levels.
Ah, will see. But honestly, the game plays better then ever. Or so it feels.

Helnekromancer
12-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Idk on Xbox I keep getting disconnected out of almost every Dominion game I play and I can't see which Fighter my teammates picked.

Herbstlicht
12-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Hum really? I am on console too (PS4) and as I said, was working fine and swift.

Helnekromancer
12-14-2017, 08:18 PM
Yea everyone gets kicked, and i run into a couple of people from that kicked game.

Helnekromancer
12-14-2017, 08:51 PM
But what i will say is now i see new players. Maybe it's because the its only pvp so pvai players are forced to play pvp. But nontheless, I'm glad that when a mode says "Very High Activity" I actually play against alot of players and not the same 20.

*Also you know when the lobby is going to kick you because all the players stand still for a second or 2.*

bob333e
12-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Actually, it's kinda sad. It's only like a month or so left for me in the game. Then I will move to Monster Hunter world. Long planned and accompanied by friends who won't be giving For Honor yet another chance - though now it seems to be all right really. But I won't have the time for two engaging titles.
So I guess with the servers going live next month I might be saying my good-byes.

Oh my that would be sad. My Highlander is only reputation 20. He still needs 20 more levels.

I've been waiting on MHWorld too. I'm a MH4U player on 3DS, however progress kind of became sloppy at G1. I then took to Dark Souls 3, Skyrim SE, Witcher 3, Horizon, and now For Honor.

I'll definitely be getting MHWorld, however I will still be playing FH. If you're on PS4, we can add each other, we might organize little matches in FH when we're not grinding in MHWorld.

That said, can't wait to try the Open Test Version tonight. I will report back how it goes.

bob333e
12-15-2017, 05:51 PM
Aight, fresh new thoughts and impressions after having played for several hours on the Open Test Version. I'm splitting this up between the technical side and the connectivity side. I'm on console. I mostly did Duel.

Technical side:

- When Matchmaking was searching for an opponent (Duel), if I enter the 'Heroes' menu, the matchmaker remains stuck on Player Skill strict, Renown strict, Region strict. Only after I close the 'Heroes' menu it starts to expand its search.

- The matchmaker still takes fairly long to find an opponent, but I suspect it's because not many players are playing the Open Test Version. Even though most of the duels were with newbies.

- Map loading times were overall a bit better

- Overall a little less lag on the VS screen

- Surprisingly, the Open Test Version gave me a green NAT, whereas in the normal game it often stays on yellow for no reason.

Connectivity side:

- Matches were definitely smoother. Much less latency than P2P.

- When my opponent disconnects mid-match, it doesn't give the "player X left the session" popup, just a HUD message saying "player X has been replaced by a bot". I suppose it's because neither of us is session host anymore, which is great!

- On some occasions, I still had laggy duels, but it wasn't the typical lag I encountered in P2P. It was more of a timesnap thing. Attacks would come out too quickly to be reacted to, but movement was still fine and there was no choppiness or ice-skating.

- On one occasion, I received an error when someone left mid-match, and got booted back to the main menu.

- When selecting 'Find new opponent', it does as it says: it finds a new opponent. On P2P, chances were I was going to meet again with the same guy from the previous match.

- Block and parry timings felt different. Surprisingly, Valkyrie and Peacekeeper were now a bit harder to block.

- Shaman's jump attack from the sides felt harder to dodge than on P2P. However her top jump attack remained reactable just like before. But this is probably tied to Shaman's pre-adjustment status.

All in all, I really like the improved smoothness of the PvP with dedicated servers. Of course this still does not reflect a worldwide playerbase scenario where the servers will really be tested, and I understand the servers still need tweaking, but this is definitely an amazing step forward. I still have to try Dominion and report back how it goes. I sure hope I won't see any resync/migration screen.

I got to try the DLC heroes in PvP, as I could not in the main game because they're locked. And boy, I really loved the Shinobi. I think I'm buying him on main game. He's just great. Responsive, smooth, fast, and counter a lot of things. Heck, I met an overall rep57 player who had a rep10 Shaman, and I lost 2-3. And I'm unskilled with the Shinobi. My secret Weeaboo Within is showing..... :p

I bumped into a friend of mine in Duel. Together we made a little something that summarizes how excited we are with the arrival of Dedicated Servers. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0mPa6-15k

Alregard
12-15-2017, 06:17 PM
- On some occasions, I still had laggy duels, but it wasn't the typical lag I encountered in P2P. It was more of a timesnap thing. Attacks would come out too quickly to be reacted to, but movement was still fine and there was no choppiness or ice-skating.

Have to agree, especially that Point!

CandleInTheDark
12-15-2017, 07:39 PM

Yeah I will be getting monster hunter,possibly ufc 3 also, both are series I have played every game available to me in, but For Honor sees about 90% of my game time in the state it is in now so I doubt that is changing for me lol.