PDA

View Full Version : Worklife and future Dens

CandleInTheDark
12-14-2017, 05:10 PM
So a little real life news from me, not a fan of doing this online, I don't even social media, but I figured I would do this in good time before it becomes an issue.

When I started doing the Dens, I was in a job that I was always home from by 5pm which is when the Den starts for me. The last couple months I have been not in a job at all so obviously I was able to do the Dens while looking for a new one. A couple days ago I got accepted for a job starting mid January.

The first few weeks is an induction phase with training from 9-5 though I have heard it sometimes finishes 3 or 4, so the Den may or may not be late those weeks. From there I go to night shifts. I don't know my work pattern for sure but I know people working there and if it is the same it is one week of three nights, one week of four and every other week I should have thursday free unless I am called in for overtime. The other thursday in that equation, I will likely still be asleep when the Den starts and I will be getting ready for work up to or close to the point I set out for it.

If someone else wants to do the Dens, they are free to, if not then I will still be doing them, every other week on time or whenever I wake and have eaten and woken up some and what I will likely do is try to put the reddit recap up on the thursdays I am working and then likely saturday watch the Den and edit it then as reddit's are usually briefer than mine. So effectively a little will change, not much but enough that I wanted to pre-warn people who read them in good time. Season launch streams on saturdays, that will depend entirely on whether I am working that saturday as the weeks I work weekends I have one day free before my next shift and I am not keen on spending six waking hours of that in front of a stream which likely will feature mostly tournament play.

bob333e
12-14-2017, 05:16 PM
All good, Candle. Don't force yourself. Life has its obstacles and priorities, and those must be dealt with firsthand. I'd still be more than happy to see your recap even if it's a couple days late, I don't mind.
I would happily offer to help in this area, sadly my worktime is too unstable and hectic. I'm a freelancer, so I don't know on what days I am free and on what days I stay glued on the pc and doing overnights.
Stay strong, congrats on the new job, best of luck in your future endeavors and career! And most of all, don't work yourself to death. No work is more valuable than our own good health.

FredEx919
12-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Hey Candle, congrats on the job! Gotta take care of the IRL first, so do your thing. We'll always pin the recaps if someone is doing them. If noone else is available to take over, I'll work something out on my end to make sure they continue. Thanks for all the work you've done with that!

Tundra 793
12-15-2017, 04:27 AM
Real life comes first Candle, so you just take care of yourself and don't worry about the recaps.

I'll glady take over the recaps (gladly may be a stretch, Candle's standards for a recap are high. Have you guys seen Reddits "recaps?" They don't hold a candle to Candle's) so you can focus on doing well in your new job.

ChampionRuby50g
12-15-2017, 04:38 AM
Real life comes first Candle, so you just take care of yourself and don't worry about the recaps.

I'll glady take over the recaps (gladly may be a stretch, Candle's standards for a recap are high. Have you guys seen Reddits "recaps?" They don't hold a candle to Candle's) so you can focus on doing well in your new job.

You're a punny person Tundra ;)

CandleInTheDark
12-15-2017, 10:32 AM

Yeah I've seen them which is why I figured they would do as a placeholder but nothing permanent lol. I don't start until the 15th of January but if you would like to from there I am happy with that.

You're a punny person Tundra ;)

That amused me too lol

nufrancis
12-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Thank you very much Candle for your effort all this time :)

Im in Indonesia, therefore the Warriors Den show time always coincide with my sleeping time (I need to work in the morning, so I need my sleep). Your recap saves me a lot. I usually read it when I arrived at the office.

Job and your career is more important. We still have Tundra. Soon the baton will be passed to him and hopefully he can keep up with Candle's Writing skill :p

Ganbarre Tundra!!!

Knight_Raime
12-15-2017, 02:10 PM
I can't speak for others but I certainly don't mind the delay. You do you candle.

Tundra 793
12-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Yeah I've seen them which is why I figured they would do as a placeholder but nothing permanent lol. I don't start until the 15th of January but if you would like to from there I am happy with that.

Sounds like a plan. I'll try not to **** it up.

We still have Tundra. Soon the baton will be passed to him and hopefully he can keep up with Candle's Writing skill

Thanks for the encouragement dude.

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 12:35 AM
Congrats on the new job Candle. Night shifts are brutal but having a job to go to is better than not having one so good luck with that. Your recaps will be missed but rest assured you have left a worthy legacy. Many years from now the legend of Candle The Warriors Den Minute Man will be told and re-told on these here forums :)

CandleInTheDark
12-16-2017, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a plan. I'll try not to **** it up.

You've taken over on short notice so pretty sure you will be good :)

Congrats on the new job Candle. Night shifts are brutal but having a job to go to is better than not having one so good luck with that. Your recaps will be missed but rest assured you have left a worthy legacy. Many years from now the legend of Candle The Warriors Den Minute Man will be told and re-told on these here forums :)

Thanks. Honestly I am up until the early hours regularly not being in a job, so it is a matter of moving my body clock forwards few more hours, but yeah either way like you say better to have a job at night than none.