PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den December 14th

CandleInTheDark
12-14-2017, 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJch9sxUKCE

One video (which hopefully won't break this time Ubi >.>) one Den recap thread,you know the drill ;)

Looking at the news screen on the main game, the weekly content is the coin toss emote for season 2, 3 and 4 characters, everyone now has a coin toss.

Info dump from Eric, be kind he has been ill this week

We'll have our Exec Producer Stephane and our Team Onion producer, JF, on to talk about our Dedicated Servers and Open test!

We'll also have a look at some patch notes with Roman and Damien ahead of next week's Title Update. It's mostly bug fixes so calm down. :P

We'll also have a Faction War Update with Bio, and as always some community clips! These clips should be good because I haven't watched them myself, since I've been sick. Sounds dangerous, knowing yall... :P

See ya in a few!

Live we are \m/<(-_-)>\m/ (yes I combined a Yoda text emote with a rock hands text emote, deal with it)

News of the week
For Honor game of the year nomination push on IGN

Big news this week is the Open test for Dedicated Servers, on all platforms for free. 40,000 people from each platform at a time, runs until 8pm eastern on the 17th (1am UTC 18th). They are on the build before the current one (So Shaman is prenerf) but the idea is a stress test over the whole weekend.

There will be rewards for daily orders on the test server and a raffle. If people do all the orders they can end the week with an extra 12,000 steel. Account progress is standalone to this server so this is a good time to test emotes, effects and executions or the DLC heroes.

Dedicated server version does not have matchmaking in end flow so the games will end if players leave the game.

Next title update is coming Monday, mostly it is bug fixes including the shaman tracking fix.

Update from Damien section
Lag compensation is still in the works, they still want to see what the perceived latency is on the dedicated servers which is one of the things they are testing this weekend.

Aramusha light spam, they are looking at it, again it is something they are seeing do players still struggle with this on dedicated servers. Is it better? How much better? Feedback, D A T A, all useful.

They are still working on changes to matchmaking, might come next monday but the team are busy with the dedicated servers test so no guarantee.

Content of the week,cointoss emote, every hero has one now, basically a catchup week for the DLC heroes. No shaman, coins are not edible *patpat*

They have the server people in, they are putting the servers in as a commitment for the long term future of For Honor, this hasn't been a cash grab and run as they have been accused of at times.

Content of the test is PVP for obvious reasons.Dominion as the heaviest load, Tribute since it is a new gamemode and as diversity, 1v1 they want to try and put to rest the fears the 1v1 community have and to take feedback on it.

They don't have custom matches, that was not ready. Internally they will have that soon.

They want people to play a lot over the four days, they need a lot of players from all over the world playing at the same timeand how it affectsplayers in different continents. Also conditions fluctuate throughout the day.

They are looking for technical feedback(game stability etc) and also things like are there lags, is there noticeable latency.

They are not looking for matchmaking feedback on this particular test, there are a lot of things not yet activated. Speaking of matchmaking,it will be longer as there are less people in the pool so patience is needed there. The extra time is not a server issue.

They have a specific reddit r/forhonorpts and there is the feedback board on these forums.

Patch note tiiiiiiiiiiiiime.

Part of the patch is about stability and bug fixes, full notes will be on reddit soon.

Shaman Predator/Wildcat moves she can no longer track around corners. Same moves cancel to combat idle increased to 24 stamina from 10 and they have 100ms less to cancel, the goal is committing more to the move.

Attack strike range of the predator moves has been slightly reduced so dodging backwards might work.

A few minor animation glitch fixes.

Aramusha, fixed a missing feint animation and they fixed the issue that opponents can parry a heavy off guardbreak, to me it sounds like you get your heavy back.

Bugfix for stun effect feats, when you were stunned off a feat you could not dodge, this has been fixed.

Warlord, crashing charge fix on campaign, it was bugged and now isn't. It also got some tuning to the collision detection to improve the to improve targeting and dodge timing of the opponent. Stamina on miss to crashing charge has increased to 40.

Centurion stamina cost of punch after finisher is 12 down from 16 after lion's fangs and lion's bite.

Tribute, they have improved targeting on selecting whether you target the tribute or reviving an ally. Not this patch but next one they are removing drop on friendly fire to stamp out the griefing.

Some players when playing alone with bots would fall back when there was a host migration, this has been fixed. (I think this is what he said, accent)

Fixed an issue that stopped players getting back into matchmaking after team leader has left a match without taking team with them.

Customisation,paint patterns now work on all raider outfits

Added a how to video for tribute

Xbox, fixed an issue that had people stuck on blank map after exiting an invite from host on season round reward screen.

Parry modifications were supposed to come this season,postponed to ship with or during next season. They will make changes, it is in testing because it requires balancing some characters with their parry rewards.

A lot more that will be up https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7jt6vg/patch_notes_v117/

Faction war update

Second campaign is down, vikings have a 2 campaign lead.

Samurai have deployed more manually than they did last season.

I am not going into their conspiracy theory talk, STOP IT -_-

While samurai have improved, Vikings still deployed thousands more than anyone else and they also had more assets over the campaign.

Some advice

Do not forget that some troops in reserve will stay there, defending at the end of a campaign is a good move. If the knights and samurai had defended more in the last three battles, since both had 60% offence, simulations show samurai would have won.

Knights have a 350,000 lead on the volcano >.> really wishing, as a knight, they would get over that and spread some more over other territories.

Community corner so that is likely all the news. Next week should apparently be amazing, they are on holiday in two weeks.

Q&A for open test

Why is there still a nat thing? Same as they didn't add some things they have yet to remove it, anyone can play with anyone.

XP and steel do not carry over, just loot rewards for orders.

All platforms for the test, if you have an account on it you can play on it.

Region locking still exists, they will look at latency with a view of can they open this. As always you can group with people from other regions.

Does the test have quit penalty? No, it was not integrated. It will be there when it goes live.

There are issues of teams breaking while trying to queue into matches and getting a matchmaking not ready bug, it is a known issue, it can't be fixed in the PTS, that would need a full new build. Workaround is to restart the game.

Orders will rest 24 hours as normal on the PTS.

Main game has not changed in terms of orders at all, they have just given more incentive to the test. The reward should drop on the 20th.

And that is a wrap.

bmason1000
12-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Candle for the win

bob333e
12-14-2017, 04:24 PM
Thanks yet again, Candle!

CandleInTheDark
12-14-2017, 07:29 PM
From me to you, one Den recap.

Next week is going to be a big one apparently.

Brutal_DaDo
12-14-2017, 07:52 PM
Recap on point as always Candle, have seen some good post here on the forum about the test servers but, all i wanna hear are the reworks for my OG Berserker

vgrimr_J
12-14-2017, 09:35 PM
this season faction war looks awfully like season 1 cough cough i bet if vikings win they get the best rewards again

Vakris_One
12-15-2017, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the recap Candle. Another FW recap, another conspiracy theory jibe. I'm starting to think they doth protest too much and that there might actually be something about the conspiracy theory that hit close to home. One has to wonder why they keep bringing it up long since the majority of the community have dropped the whole notion. It was your **** ups that allowed the conspiracy theory to gain so much ground in the first place guys, let's not forget that fact now. The more you guys keep revisting it the worse it reflects on how badly you ypurselves ran the Faction War in the beginning. I'd say keep that in mind but from Bio's contributions to the game I can kinda see she doesn't much of a f**k about what the players think, *cough* Season 2 rewards *cough*.

Anywho, about the Vikings winning this round with sheer volume of players on their side. Wasn't there supposed to be a mechanic that manages the weighting of contributions so as to balance out any inequalities in the number of players fighting for each faction? What happened to that? From the explanation given in the Den it seems the Vikings just overwhelmed the battlefield like an avalanche simply through the sheer number of players deploying for the Viking faction. How exactly do the other 2 factions overcome the player number inequality if the Vikings can do that for the win? Even if the Samurai defended more they would eventually get engulfed by the larger number of Viking players deploying assets.

Answers anyone?

CandleInTheDark
12-15-2017, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the recap Candle. Another FW recap, another conspiracy theory jibe. I'm starting to think they doth protest too much and that there might actually be something about the conspiracy theory that hit close to home. One has to wonder why they keep bringing it up long since the majority of the community have dropped the whole notion. It was your **** ups that allowed the conspiracy theory to gain so much ground in the first place guys, let's not forget that fact now. The more you guys keep revisting it the worse it reflects on how badly you ypurselves ran the Faction War in the beginning. I'd say keep that in mind but from Bio's contributions to the game I can kinda see she doesn't much of a f**k about what the players think, *cough* Season 2 rewards *cough*.

Anywho, about the Vikings winning this round with sheer volume of players on their side. Wasn't there supposed to be a mechanic that manages the weighting of contributions so as to balance out any inequalities in the number of players fighting for each faction? What happened to that? From the explanation given in the Den it seems the Vikings just overwhelmed the battlefield like an avalanche simply through the sheer number of players deploying for the Viking faction. How exactly do the other 2 factions overcome the player number inequality if the Vikings can do that for the win? Even if the Samurai defended more they would eventually get engulfed by the larger number of Viking players deploying assets.

Answers anyone?

Honestly anyone who has been around for a while and in the faction war debates knows that I am one of the most vocally against the conspiracy theories, I have never thought it is rigged. Flawed? At one point given the latest changes were a good start, very. Lacking transparency? It was before this season, but rigged, no. But I honestly can't defend what they do every fortnight and as nicely as possible, I am sick of it.

PDXGorechild
12-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Thanks as always mate.

No parry changes until next season....

*Screams loudly into pillow*

CandleInTheDark
12-15-2017, 10:26 AM
Thanks as always mate.

No parry changes until next season....

*Screams loudly into pillow*

Yeah I am with you there, though in fairness the point they raised was about the only bit of feedback against the changes I agreed with, that it gave people widely varying parry punishes.

PDXGorechild
12-15-2017, 12:07 PM
Yeah I am with you there, though in fairness the point they raised was about the only bit of feedback against the changes I agreed with, that it gave people widely varying parry punishes.

Well, I suppose i'd rather they take longer and do it properly.

Still though, patience is not one of my better virtues...

Anyway - Go go Vikings!!!

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 12:43 AM
Yeah, that was quite disappointing to hear about the parry changes being pushed back so far but I can understand why they did it. The test servers are almost like playing a different game in terms of the smoothness of fighting and the timings of parries on light attacks. It's a lot more consistent and thus feels a lot more responsive, parrying lights is much easier on the servers than in the main game. And unexpectedly enough I am finding the Lawbringer's block shove mixup a lot less annoying to deal with on the test server. His GB comes out a fraction of a second slower so now I can actually read him 100% of the time after a block shove. On the live game it's always been a very inconsistent 50/50 guessing game for me. On the server it's smooth as silk and rather enjoyable to deal with.

Anilman92
12-16-2017, 02:35 AM
I play on xbox one x

It is only 1080p on xbox one x....

In 1vs1 green connection it feels wrong?!
I did play only 1 match because i couldnt find any games at 6-8am in the morning...

4vs4 it is great because the console couldnt handle 4vs4 sometime (xbox one x can handle it) and the connection get worse

Now with servers it is better now.

I want to see the ping from each player!
And maybe the country and faction?!

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 04:13 AM
I play on xbox one x

It is only 1080p on xbox one x....

In 1vs1 green connection it feels wrong?!
I did play only 1 match because i couldnt find any games at 6-8am in the morning...

4vs4 it is great because the console couldnt handle 4vs4 sometime (xbox one x can handle it) and the connection get worse

Now with servers it is better now.

I want to see the ping from each player!
And maybe the country and faction?!
You can tell which faction they support by the shape of their emblem outline. Vikings have a circular outline, Knights have a shield shaped outline and Samurai have a square outline.

bob333e
12-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Yeah, that was quite disappointing to hear about the parry changes being pushed back so far but I can understand why they did it. The test servers are almost like playing a different game in terms of the smoothness of fighting and the timings of parries on light attacks. It's a lot more consistent and thus feels a lot more responsive, parrying lights is much easier on the servers than in the main game. And unexpectedly enough I am finding the Lawbringer's block shove mixup a lot less annoying to deal with on the test server. His GB comes out a fraction of a second slower so now I can actually read him 100% of the time after a block shove. On the live game it's always been a very inconsistent 50/50 guessing game for me. On the server it's smooth as silk and rather enjoyable to deal with.

Agreed. On the Open Test Version, there's much less latency, and the only 'lag' I've had was impossibly unreactive attacks that just snapped out of neutral, yet there was no movement choppiness or ice-skating. In overall the combat felt more fluid and much less choppy. Timings on blocking and parrying also varied somewhat. And I don't really see those connection icons on the upper left corner anymore.

I doubt dedicated servers will 100% erase the lag, but I think the concept of timesnap has been built upon and has been transcended; now they would need something stronger and more effective than the old timesnap model, to combat lag/latency even further. But first I hope the dedicated servers can take a real workload scenario, after the test phases.

CandleInTheDark
12-16-2017, 03:12 PM
But first I hope the dedicated servers can take a real workload scenario, after the test phases.

Yeah that is going to be the key thing, how the servers manage a few hundred thousand to a million players at once, hopefully more towards the latter and beyond if players come back when they hear about servers.

Rnd.0M
12-20-2017, 12:59 AM
Wow... I go on for honor today, get +30% attack on raider and go into a custom to test how much damage his max punish will do. But YOU ****ED IT UP!! YOU THINK RAIDER WASNíT HARD TO WIN AS ANYWAY?! YOU THINK YOU NEED TO MAKE RAIDER! OF ALL HEROES, WORSE!? NOT SHAMAN WHO PEOPLE ACTUALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT... RAIDER... CíMON UBI. **** YOU!! **** WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA AND **** EVERYONE WHO AGREED WITH THEM. I DONT GIVE A **** IF I GET A REPLY! I JUST WANT HIS PUNISHES BACK YOU STUPID **** HEADS!!

CandleInTheDark
12-20-2017, 01:12 AM
Wow... I go on for honor today, get +30% attack on raider and go into a custom to test how much damage his max punish will do. But YOU ****ED IT UP!! YOU THINK RAIDER WASN’T HARD TO WIN AS ANYWAY?! YOU THINK YOU NEED TO MAKE RAIDER! OF ALL HEROES, WORSE!? NOT SHAMAN WHO PEOPLE ACTUALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT... RAIDER... C’MON UBI. **** YOU!! **** WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA AND **** EVERYONE WHO AGREED WITH THEM. I DONT GIVE A **** IF I GET A REPLY! I JUST WANT HIS PUNISHES BACK YOU STUPID **** HEADS!!

On reddit Eric said they are looking into this currently.