PDA

View Full Version : Good 109 book

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Can anyone recommend a good Me109 book, something with performance figures(not just max speed)? I have several 109 books aleady, but most of them are either picture books or just give lots of non-performance information. I'm looking for something like Hermann's book on the 190D, or America's Hundred Thousand, or Soviet Combat Aircraft, but for F-K model 109's. Also, I need the book to be in English. I can read a little German, but a whole book would be hard. I already have the Prien & Rodeike book and the Radinger & Otto book.

Thanks for the help...

DangerForward

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Can anyone recommend a good Me109 book, something with performance figures(not just max speed)? I have several 109 books aleady, but most of them are either picture books or just give lots of non-performance information. I'm looking for something like Hermann's book on the 190D, or America's Hundred Thousand, or Soviet Combat Aircraft, but for F-K model 109's. Also, I need the book to be in English. I can read a little German, but a whole book would be hard. I already have the Prien & Rodeike book and the Radinger & Otto book.

Thanks for the help...

DangerForward

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 07:22 PM
try here http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1841760846/ref=lib_rd_btb/002-8777610-4955237?v=glance&s=books

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 07:28 PM
I've actually got that one and the other Osprey book on 109 aces of the Western Front. Although I enjoyed them, they really have no performance information. Thanks anyway though...

DangerForward

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 09:09 PM
hi danger,

sorry..it seems that performance charts..i mean real ones,
you an only find in archives..not in any book.

wastel

PS: have lots 109 bokks myself..but very few with performance info..and even these are often wrong

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 11:31 PM
wastel wrote:
- hi danger,
-
- sorry..it seems that performance charts..i mean real
- ones,
- you an only find in archives..not in any book.
-
- wastel
-
- PS: have lots 109 bokks myself..but very few with
- performance info..and even these are often wrong
-
-

What seems wierd to me is that among the many books I have there's tons of charts and info on the FW190 family performance, but little on the ME109. Conversely there's tons of pilot accounts/books on the ME109, but not much on the FW190. I almost wish I'd saved the old manual from SWOTL.

DangerForward