PDA

View Full Version : Warden Rework

Chumlonious005
12-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Make him earn the shoulder bash. Most fighting games make you work for a 50/50. Buff his normal kit so he doesn't only rely on it and make it only confirmable from lights. I don't struggle against him but certain characters dodges are trash and rather than get dodged into a 25x4 mix up I'd rather it be lights. I know suggestions are useless but whatever. I guess thats why its an opinion

PepsiBeastin
12-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Yep, I love playing Shugoki and immediately surrendering when I see a Warden/Conqueror. My only option is to sit there and take all the hits since you literally can't dodge out of their bashes.

bob333e
12-13-2017, 11:06 PM
The entire OG roster could definitely use a rework, essentially, buffing their existing movesets and also adding a few extra things in the mix. But, in no way should they nerf Warden's SB, if this was what you were basically suggesting. And they certainly shouldn't remove anything from his existing moveset.

And his SB is very dodgeable. And very counterable.

Opinions are great when they foster constructive, healthy, and logical discussions. I hope you aim to do that in this thread. I've stumbled on too many cry-nerf threads, most of which I didn't bother to comment therein. They were all a waste of time to begin with.

@PepsiBeastin I'm sorry but, Shugoki can outpoise a SB with static hyperarmor and that's where and when you counter it before Warden can chain any further. Same goes for Conqueror.

BarbeQMichael
12-13-2017, 11:14 PM
Most of the OC chars indeed are getting a rework, and I sure hope that the shoulder bash gets removed. Sure assassins and such have no fear against it, but for example me who plays mostly highlander, shrek and raider I could forfeit the game the second he starts spamming it.

bob333e
12-13-2017, 11:19 PM
Most of the OC chars indeed are getting a rework, and I sure hope that the shoulder bash gets removed. Sure assassins and such have no fear against it, but for example me who plays mostly highlander, shrek and raider I could forfeit the game the second he starts spamming it.

Hate to be 'that guy', but I've met several high-rep Highlanders and Raiders who had absolutely no problem dodging my SB, and they stopped many attempts at landing two SBs in a row. Not that I was spamming it, mind you; spammers get dealt with way easier, they are too predictable. I was actually feinting etc.

Not sure about Shugoki, only ever met a few Shugo mains, but a level 3 bot doesn't get stuck in more than two SBs either. Shugo has static hyperarmor which easily counters SB the moment it activates.

And yes, I'm a Warden main who's telling you there are far worse things than Warden's SB.

Saml84
12-13-2017, 11:25 PM
I can see how people hate it but it really is not that hard to avoid plus it is about the only unique thing he has but at least its not like lawbringer gets a free 50/50 off of a blocked attack it is like you get punished of of a block why does he even have to parry.

hecate160992
12-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Warden vortex literally doesn't affect Raider or Kensei at all. Dashing GB will beat any option he chooses from shoulder.

BarbeQMichael
12-14-2017, 02:05 AM
Hate to be 'that guy', but I've met several high-rep Highlanders and Raiders who had absolutely no problem dodging my SB, and they stopped many attempts at landing two SBs in a row. Not that I was spamming it, mind you; spammers get dealt with way easier, they are too predictable. I was actually feinting etc.

Not sure about Shugoki, only ever met a few Shugo mains, but a level 3 bot doesn't get stuck in more than two SBs either. Shugo has static hyperarmor which easily counters SB the moment it activates.

And yes, I'm a Warden main who's telling you there are far worse things than Warden's SB.

Thats the thing with 50/50, you can dodge it, but then you can get caught by cancel into gb. Faster characters can however interrupt the sb with some superfast light attack, but not all have them, and those chars are rekt then.