PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about the Open Test Version

bob333e
12-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Hello, I'd like to voice concerns and confusions concerning the recently available Open Test Version of For Honor which we have to use in order to participate in the first dedicated servers public stress test, and earn some rewards for our main game. I hope to receive answers that clear confusions for both me and anyone wondering the same:

1) Upon downloading the Open Test Version, and using my account to log in, do I become unable to play with the main game as long as my account is logged in on the Open Test Version?

2) Can I use both the Open Test Version and the main game during the stress test period? I'd like to finish my daily orders and my contract orders on the main game too. Can I close the Open Test Version, open the normal main game, finish orders, close it, and reopen the Open Test Version to continue fulfilling the stress test event orders?

3) The official statement says that all main game accounts have been duplicated for the Open Test Version, yet they also say all heroes are available for 1 Steel; does this mean on my duplicated account, all heroes have been locked again? what about our customizations, gear, emotes, effects, reputation levels? how exactly are we not 'restarting from scratch'?

4) I understand that after the stress test period, the Open Test Version will become unplayable. Will it be safe to just delete/uninstall it? or do we have first to unlink our main accounts from it, or submit a form/ticket to Ubisoft to unlink our accounts from the Open Test Version?

5) They stated that anything you do in the Open Test Version, including XP, Steel, and loot, will not be transferable to the main game; so how does the Open Test Version register completed orders? I mean, we are there to complete the event orders for the rewards, after all. We wouldn't be playing the Open Test Version if they didn't give rewards. So in essence, you just get 'orders complete' screens, without any rewards, and all your actual rewards are on December 20th?

6) Will this impact the linked accounts on UPlay/Ubisoft Club/Steam/FHTracker? or were those duplicated too? will they register any activity and gametime we do in the Open Test Version?

7) after this first stress test, will we have to redownload another Open Test Version for the second stress test in the future? if not, do we have to keep the Open Test Version installed until the second stress test?

Thanks a lot in advance, hoping to clear confusion on all of the above.

UbiJurassic
12-13-2017, 10:09 PM
1.) No, you should still be able to play the main game during the test period. The Open Test build is a separate download that operates independent from the main game.

2.) Yes, you'll be able to play either during the Open Test period.

3.) Your heroes will not be locked again and you should still have your weapons, equipment, etc.

4.) It should be safe to uninstall at any time without disrupting anything.

5.) Orders in the Open Test build should function identically to the main game. Following the end of the Open Test period, we will be able to see how many orders you completed and will send the corresponding rewards to your main game.

6.) Activity that happens in the test will be confined to the test environment and should not impact any aspect of the main game.

7.) At this time, we don't have any information to share on future testings. Should information regarding that become available to us, we'll be sure to let players know ahead of time about them.

bob333e
12-13-2017, 10:13 PM
1.) No, you should still be able to play the main game during the test period. The Open Test build is a separate download that operates independent from the main game.

2.) Yes, you'll be able to play either during the Open Test period.

3.) Your heroes will not be locked again and you should still have your weapons, equipment, etc.

4.) It should be safe to uninstall at any time without disrupting anything.

5.) Orders in the Open Test build should function identically to the main game. Following the end of the Open Test period, we will be able to see how many orders you completed and will send the corresponding rewards to your main game.

6.) Activity that happens in the test will be confined to the test environment and should not impact any aspect of the main game.

7.) At this time, we don't have any information to share on future testings. Should information regarding that become available to us, we'll be sure to let players know ahead of time about them.

Thanks a ton, for both the swift response, and for clearing every confusion! I owe you much.

Sorry I also sent that text in PM, apologies a third time if it caused any disturbances.

UbiJurassic
12-13-2017, 10:36 PM
Thanks a ton, for both the swift response, and for clearing every confusion! I owe you much.

Sorry I also sent that text in PM, apologies a third time if it caused any disturbances.

You don't owe me anything and it's never a disturbance for anyone to message me. It's all a part of my job. ;)

King_of_games-SP
12-14-2017, 12:17 AM
So during this open test there is a community order for completing matches, does it only count matches on the open test or is it all matches on that specific console

UbiJurassic
12-14-2017, 12:19 AM
So during this open test there is a community order for completing matches, does it only count matches on the open test or is it all matches on that specific console

It would only count if you completed the games on the Open Test build, as it is a separate client from the main game .

King_of_games-SP
12-14-2017, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the clarification