PDA

View Full Version : Change default chat setting to "ALL"

ShonM93
12-13-2017, 07:43 PM
Who was that (blank) who thought setting it to group as a default is a good idea? She/he should really reconsider that st*pid decision. Either make it "team" or "all" as a default not f*ckin' "group". And mods or whatever you called: don't come with the: "you can change it in the options". In a d*mn multiplayer game the chat never should be defaulted as "group" or basicly mute. 'Cause you know, IT'S A F*CKIN' MULTIPLAYER GAME. You know the kinda that sometimes even needs a little bit of team coordination.

CandleInTheDark
12-13-2017, 07:49 PM
As it is people don't have to talk to others and potentially deal with toxicity from their own teammates unless they make the choice to do so and that is the right course of action to take, especially since toxicity was a big issue in the playerbase for months before this was put into effect.

UbiJurassic
12-13-2017, 08:05 PM
Who was that (blank) who thought setting it to group as a default is a good idea? She/he should really reconsider that st*pid decision. Either make it "team" or "all" as a default not f*ckin' "group". And mods or whatever you called: don't come with the: "you can change it in the options". In a d*mn multiplayer game the chat never should be defaulted as "group" or basicly mute. 'Cause you know, IT'S A F*CKIN' MULTIPLAYER GAME. You know the kinda that sometimes even needs a little bit of team coordination.

If coordination is your objective, I would suggest using the pings available in game. Regardless of the filter's setting, teammates will be able to see your pings for help or coordination.

I will ask that you refrain from the superfluous amount of profane language included in your post. Although censored, there's no need to include it as gratuitously as you did in order to convey your thought. If your chat behavior is the same as your post, it's not a far stretch of the imagination to consider why some players prefer to keep their chat setting the way it is.

ShonM93
12-13-2017, 10:00 PM
As it is people don't have to talk to others and potentially deal with toxicity from their own teammates unless they make the choice to do so and that is the right course of action to take, especially since toxicity was a big issue in the playerbase for months before this was put into effect.

I don't have problem with muting the chat, i have a problem with it being the default setting. And remember you can still spam "Wow!" and whatever to annoy your TM, so it doesn't really matter, if he's like that you're going to mute him no matter what.

If coordination is your objective, I would suggest using the pings available in game. Regardless of the filter's setting, teammates will be able to see your pings for help or coordination.

I will ask that you refrain from the superfluous amount of profane language included in your post. Although censored, there's no need to include it as gratuitously as you did in order to convey your thought. If your chat behavior is the same as your post, it's not a far stretch of the imagination to consider why some players prefer to keep their chat setting the way it is.

Develop then a normal VGS system so you can warn your TM-s about ganks incoming, enemy movement and so on. The little system that's in the game is pretty minimal. And about the language usage of the post: the game was pretty unstable today, i got kicked from all the matches and then when a game was at least somewhat stable, i couldn't warn my only tm who wasn't a bot about a raider gank. Sounds totally not infuriating right? And maybe it was really he's choice to switch chat off, but i have met way to many player who switched on chat in mid match 'cause he forgot it's on group as default. Hell, i forgot it when i reinstalled the game (what a waste, right?). So i still say: it should be "all" or at least "team" as default or make a more complex quick message system.

Oh and i love your last sentence, but to be honest: i'm not an id*ot to insult my teammate who is.. well my ally and i need him/her just as much as he/she needs me to win the match.

However, i still see where you came from and you're right. So: i'll apologize to the call maker/dev who made this choice and i apologize to you and to the other community reps for the insulting post.

UbiJurassic
12-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Develop then a normal VGS system so you can warn your TM-s about ganks incoming, enemy movement and so on. The little system that's in the game is pretty minimal. And about the language usage of the post: the game was pretty unstable today, i got kicked from all the matches and then when a game was at least somewhat stable, i couldn't warn my only tm who wasn't a bot about a raider gank. Sounds totally not infuriating right? And maybe it was really he's choice to switch chat off, but i have met way to many player who switched on chat in mid match 'cause he forgot it's on group as default. Hell, i forgot it when i reinstalled the game (what a waste, right?). So i still say: it should be "all" or at least "team" as default or make a more complex quick message system.

Oh and i love your last sentence, but to be honest: i'm not an id*ot to insult my teammate who is.. well my ally and i need him/her just as much as he/she needs me to win the match.

However, i still see where you came from and you're right. So: i'll apologize to the call maker/dev who made this choice and i apologize to you and to the other community reps for the insulting post.

I can totally understand the frustrations behind your post. Changing the default setting of the chat has been a suggestion brought up from time to time by players and we have certainly made sure to voice those concerns to the team. While there is no intent to change the default setting at this time, I can certainly help voice your concerns regarding the inability to voice specific events in game to your teammates.

The_Baron258
06-21-2018, 06:55 PM
@UbiJurassic I recently downloaded the game as part of the promotion , I got the Starter Edition and immediately dropped into the game.

I like it, it reminds me of Chivalry with better graphics fun arcady gameplay and a nice mix of maps and objective. As far as I understood the game is declining on player numbers and when I saw it I thought to myself its a shame its fun and looks nice and the customization is great ! and then it hit me ...

The chat issue ... at first I didn't even realize why I couldn't chat, then when I realized how to change the options I realized there is no point in doing it ... most players like I did just didn't notice that its changeable, they don't know how ... I had a friend that been playing it for months and didn't know you could chat in the game.

So changing the option to see chat for yourself is useless .... cause no one knows about and they just stay with default no chat and that creates the problem :

no chat means it a lonely singleplayer experience but worse ... cause at least in singleplayer AI usually know how to coordinate with other AI ... with no communication I am having a horrbile experience out of the game and I am considering quitting just because of it only a a week after I got the game.

Now I know a thing or two about internet toxicity as I have been playing Multiplayer games since the dawn of multiplayer ... that why newer games gave the option to mute but the default is always on and if needed mute by cases to case - even if the developer really wants to set an option for always mute in every game for those people who really hate other humans and never want to hear a word being said to them ... ok good set it up as AN OPTION ! not as default!

IF the developers or publisher really care for this game and want to save it ... change the default as soon as possible. anyone who steps into the game can easily point out the frustration of having no tools to coordinate chat or talk to his teammates and all because of a minority who is toxic ... I have been playing CoD for a enough time to know that all I need to do is press one button and anyone who is toxic towards me gonna be muted ... there is no reason it shouldn't be the same here.

GMoneyMadStacks
08-29-2018, 08:23 PM
Maybe suggest to the team to add an option to change what the chat defaults to in the settings? Thanks!

AzureSky.
08-30-2018, 03:27 AM

Sorry but the pings don't work, countless of times i wanted to tell my teammates to don't help me when im fighting somebody 1vs1 on dominion, cause i can kill them faster that way, otherwise they come build their revenge and i have to wait on revenge while they beat my team mate to death so i can finish them off (or in the worse case scenario that time is enough for 1 of their team mates to come and turn the tables)
so yeah, i spammed "I GOT THIS!!!" but they don't listen :)

DefiledDragon
08-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Sorry but the pings don't work, countless of times i wanted to tell my teammates to don't help me when im fighting somebody 1vs1 on dominion, cause i can kill them faster that way, otherwise they come build their revenge and i have to wait on revenge while they beat my team mate to death so i can finish them off (or in the worse case scenario that time is enough for 1 of their team mates to come and turn the tables)
so yeah, i spammed "I GOT THIS!!!" but they don't listen :)

The pings do work, it's just the other players that don't :p