PDA

View Full Version : [Theory] Why Highlander is so Slow

High-Horse
12-13-2017, 06:48 PM
I made myself lol when I thought of this: Maybe the prop they used for mocap was too heavy?

BarbeQMichael
12-13-2017, 07:38 PM
He is so slow to balance out the immense damage of the gigantic sword.

Wait, it does less damage than a dagger or harvesting sickle.

D-d0g56
12-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Thighlander skipped leg day apparently.

High-Horse
12-13-2017, 08:17 PM
He is so slow to balance out the immense damage of the gigantic sword.

Wait, it does less damage than a dagger or harvesting sickle.

Logic, right?

Thighlander skipped leg day apparently.

Lol those thighs are all that are holding it up. HL needs some pushups.

AlexHuaTian
12-13-2017, 09:09 PM
The game favors light weapons. Especially small dual wielding weapons. Ive always imagined if they introduced a monk class who was absolutely naked. He would dominate the game based on the current design philosophy. He would be fast and be able to spam punches that no one would be able to block. Although Im sure that wouldnt work in a real sword fight.

BarbeQMichael
12-13-2017, 11:09 PM
The game favors light weapons. Especially small dual wielding weapons. Ive always imagined if they introduced a monk class who was absolutely naked. He would dominate the game based on the current design philosophy. He would be fast and be able to spam punches that no one would be able to block. Although Im sure that wouldnt work in a real sword fight.

Kind of reminds me of Dark Souls pvp, even the mm would be like it as it can match in duels absolute newbies against platinums. Except maybe the naked guy should have a bag over his head.

Tundra 793
12-14-2017, 01:15 AM
It's better than my theory, I just always assumed all Highlanders were perpetually drunk from their diet consisting exclusively of haggis and Scotch mixed with mead.

JadeBosson.
12-14-2017, 02:08 AM
He's clearly "high" all the time

Stay in school and don't do drugs kids

PDXGorechild
12-14-2017, 12:59 PM
I agree with Tundra, I always assumed he's smashed off his head. He even kinda slurs his words and blurts them out loudly like a drunkard.

Plus he hails from Scotland, they're always p*ssed. They drink to keep warm like the Russians.

Knight_Raime
12-14-2017, 01:04 PM
I came in expecting a serious thread.
i'm leaving with a smirk and a looping gif in my head of some guy in a mocap suit swinging around a giant weighted *****.
thanks guys. really.

ChampionRuby50g
12-14-2017, 01:11 PM
He's clearly "high" all the time

Stay in school and don't do drugs kids

Don't you mean, "eat your drugs, stay in vegetables and don't do school"?

But after all, Highlander is always done with his glass, he's just going around begging for a refill.

Alustar.
12-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Maybe they got a literal drunk Scotsman to do the mocap and had to reassemble the animations to make sense, which of course is why it didn't make sense to us, because we are in fact not drunk Scotsmen.

Really what this means is get drunk and play Highlander= auto win

High-Horse
12-14-2017, 06:34 PM
I agree with Tundra, I always assumed he's smashed off his head. He even kinda slurs his words and blurts them out loudly like a drunkard.

Plus he hails from Scotland, they're always p*ssed. They drink to keep warm like the Russians.

They should make his default animations the same as OOS but sped to normal speed. It would make a lot more sense.

Maybe they got a literal drunk Scotsman to do the mocap and had to reassemble the animations to make sense, which of course is why it didn't make sense to us, because we are in fact not drunk Scotsmen.

Really what this means is get drunk and play Highlander= auto win

Strangely enough, this works really well. Done my glass! Every match is win no matter what.

Herbstlicht
12-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Hm. Maybe those threads are the reason Highlander still kinda is my fav hero? Or is it the sword. Ah I dunno ..

High-Horse
12-14-2017, 06:50 PM
Hm. Maybe those threads are the reason Highlander still kinda is my fav hero? Or is it the sword. Ah I dunno ..

Secretly he's my favorite. But then I sober up and start getting frustrated.