PDA

View Full Version : Bug here Oleg (maybe help install problems?)

BaldieJr
03-08-2004, 06:50 PM
I just got BoE. Installed it over AEP. Everything turned to mess. I uninstalled, deleted FB directory, restart computer, and do this:

Install FB.
Install BoE.
Install AEP.

Version is 1.22. Windows menus and shortcuts say AEP, but game says 1.22. No new planes, no new menus, only BoE.

Run installer, it deinstalls entire game.

Restart.
Install FB.
Install BoE.
Install AEP.

Same problem. Icons/ menus say AEP, start game and it says v1.22. No new stuff except ngen and US campaigns.

bldconf.ini shows date of 12/11/2003. It is not set read only, and I am installing as administrator of the machine.

So....
Could someone please post a complete bldconf.ini file from a working AEP install? I think this may fix it.

Oleg, you might want to look at the installer and see if it has something to do with which patches were installed previously. AEP worked perfectly for me untill I got BoE. My last install was:
FB 1.0 retail cd.
1.0 to 1.22 patch (patch122_over10.exe)
AEP

This worked. Patching from BoE and installing AEP does not work. Installing the patch, then AEP, and then BoE does not work.

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

BaldieJr
03-08-2004, 06:50 PM
I just got BoE. Installed it over AEP. Everything turned to mess. I uninstalled, deleted FB directory, restart computer, and do this:

Install FB.
Install BoE.
Install AEP.

Version is 1.22. Windows menus and shortcuts say AEP, but game says 1.22. No new planes, no new menus, only BoE.

Run installer, it deinstalls entire game.

Restart.
Install FB.
Install BoE.
Install AEP.

Same problem. Icons/ menus say AEP, start game and it says v1.22. No new stuff except ngen and US campaigns.

bldconf.ini shows date of 12/11/2003. It is not set read only, and I am installing as administrator of the machine.

So....
Could someone please post a complete bldconf.ini file from a working AEP install? I think this may fix it.

Oleg, you might want to look at the installer and see if it has something to do with which patches were installed previously. AEP worked perfectly for me untill I got BoE. My last install was:
FB 1.0 retail cd.
1.0 to 1.22 patch (patch122_over10.exe)
AEP

This worked. Patching from BoE and installing AEP does not work. Installing the patch, then AEP, and then BoE does not work.

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

Hunter82
03-08-2004, 07:10 PM
BOE is for 1.22 and installs the 1.22 patch from what I've read. I guess that would mean until BOE is updated it is not compatible.

==============================
Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com)
ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
Catalyst Feedback (http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/)
Catalyst Driver Download (http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html)

Hunter82
03-08-2004, 07:11 PM
here's the bldconf.ini

[builder_plugins]
(builder.PlMapLoad)
(builder.PlMission)
(builder.PlMisAir,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/air.ini)
(builder.PlMisChief,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/chief.ini)
(builder.PlMisStatic,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/stationary.ini)
(builder.PlMisRocket,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/rockets.ini)
(builder.PlMisHouse,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/static.ini)
(builder.PlMisTarget)
(builder.PlMisBrief)
(builder.PlMisBorn)
(builder.PlMisStaticCamera)
(builder.PlMisDestruction)
(builder.PlMisFront)
[builder config]
bShowGrid true
bShowName true
bViewRunaway true
bShowTime true
bShowArmy [3,true,true,true]
iLightLand 255
iconSize 16
bViewBridge true
bAnimateCamera true
bActorOnLand true
bSaveViewHLand false
bShowLandscape true
iLightDestruction 128
iWaterLevel 191

Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com)
ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
Catalyst Feedback (http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/)
Catalyst Driver Download (http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html)

BaldieJr
03-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Thanks Hunter82.

It turns out that the FB folder is indeed set read-only. I'm going to try reinstalling again tonight in the same order (fb + boe + aep) but I'll change priv's on the FB folder prior to installing aep. Maybe that'll fix it up.

Signature:

blabla0001
03-09-2004, 06:48 AM
I had the same thing Baldie.

What I did was install FB, then BOE and then EAP, same issue as you had.

So I unistalled EAP (And it takes FB off with it.

I then didn't delete the ubisoft folder from the program files as I do normally when I re-install but simply install FB + EAP again and then it was all ok (Version wise + new planes) and all the BoE options, skins and campaigns can still be selected and started.

BaldieJr
03-09-2004, 06:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cappadocian_317:
I had the same thing Baldie.

What I did was install FB, then BOE and then EAP, same issue as you had.

So I unistalled EAP (And it takes FB off with it.

I then didn't delete the ubisoft folder from the program files as I do normally when I re-install but simply install FB + EAP again and then it was all ok (Version wise + new planes) and all the BoE options, skins and campaigns can still be selected and started.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Signature:

blabla0001
03-10-2004, 05:18 AM
No Problem Baldie, I hope the BoE guys can come up with a fix so we don't have to install FB + EAP twice when we want to re-install everything.