PDA

View Full Version : Valk needs a buff or at least a fix

Armegedon1208
12-13-2017, 03:42 AM
OK before you freak out just listen. Valk has some of the longest recovery times on her special moves like leg sweep and shield crush giving her opponents a free guard break and heavy on her. This is fair considering landing those lets her get of hug damage chains. However what is not ok is the free guard break that you can get on valk on her dodge lights. If you simply block, you do not even have to parry, her side or top dodge lights you can get a guard break of on valk and she cannot counter it. This is a little unfair and makes her one of if not the weakest hero in game because she has so many vulnerable stages in her kit.

UbiJurassic
12-13-2017, 03:47 AM
We're aware that some heroes, such as the Valk, are in need of updates. We are currently looking into ways we can update the members of the original roster of 12 heroes and bring them more up to speed with the rest of the hero roster. While we don't have any details to share on how in depth we plan to change Valk, we'l certainly be sure to get that information over to players as it becomes available. At this time, the only heroes we've announced that are getting new moves, animations and updates are the Berseker, Kensei and the Conqueror.

Erhanninja
12-13-2017, 10:20 AM
I'm not an expert on Valk however I don't think she is really lacking. She has lighting fast light attacks to compensate. She is absolutely nightmare on console.

Gladiator has also the same thing. Side and top dash attacks gives GB and they are even slower than Valk's attacks.

ChampionRuby50g
12-13-2017, 10:47 AM
I'm not an expert on Valk however I don't think she is really lacking. She has lighting fast light attacks to compensate. She is absolutely nightmare on console.

Gladiator has also the same thing. Side and top dash attacks gives GB and they are even slower than Valk's attacks.

At high level play you will rarely see a Valk throw the second or 3rd light as they are easily parried for max damage. They used to be lighting fast, then she was nerfed and has been considered low tier ever since. She is simply not viable outside of 4v4 or medium - high level play, and considered a noob stomper as all her moves are telegraphed and predictable, as well as new players getting overwhelmed.

Playing_Mantis
12-13-2017, 11:57 AM
I love playing talk.. but vs good players she's just too easy to punish. I really don't play her just for these reasons alone. Such an awesome character that just needs a little love on her safety.

bananaflow2017
12-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Yes, valk struggles hard on high level play. The funniest thing is that the dodge atack doesnt dodge atacks....
We need other combos and also the deflect is kinda unrewarding...

OneTrueAlca
12-13-2017, 04:54 PM
We're aware that some heroes, such as the Valk, are in need of updates. We are currently looking into ways we can update the members of the original roster of 12 heroes and bring them more up to speed with the rest of the hero roster. While we don't have any details to share on how in depth we plan to change Valk, we'l certainly be sure to get that information over to players as it becomes available. At this time, the only heroes we've announced that are getting new moves, animations and updates are the Berseker, Kensei and the Conqueror.

Valk dodge jump attacks should not unsafe on block. Its just dumb. Look at Shaman, she can attack from any directions and its safe and its crazy fast. You can already see balance issues right here.

Kensei should not be the slowest Vanguard, all Vanguard should if not have the same running speed.

Conq are not able to get free Guard-break blocking heavies from Shaman. just like the case with Glad before. and his charged heavy are useless since its not unblockable. so he should not be tagged "Hard Hitter" when hes not.

Highlander second light should not be unsafe.