PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server Test Run

frewbear
12-13-2017, 02:11 AM
It's gonna be a make it or break it for me this weekend. I'm about to retire this game for good and save myself the aggravation and frustration I feel from something that isn't fun to play anymore. Hopefully it makes a world of difference, but I think the mechanics are broken to the core and it won't help anything but random disconnects.

iso_memory
12-13-2017, 02:55 AM
I hope it works out too. We need to retain and gain new players, not lose them. :(

Vakris_One
12-13-2017, 05:24 AM
Keep in mind this is their first public stress test. There are bound to be hiccups and that's the point of a test after all, to find as many issues as possible now rather than at the first minute of the full release. Me personally I reserve my make it or break it decisions for the last test before release, not the first.

I am intrigued to see what exactly the difference will be when playing on dedicated servers and what exactly we are meant to report back to the devs apart from participating in the stress test. For example, should we be expecting absolutely no connection drops during matches?

Alustar.
12-13-2017, 06:36 AM
I love seeing people post things like "these mechanics are broken." First off, define mechanics as used in reference to game design, then second explain to me how you think the core of this is broken?

Herbstlicht
12-13-2017, 08:11 AM
Is it once again PC only, or can console players try this too this time?

Alustar.
12-13-2017, 08:18 AM
And do we have to download it again?

TwinStiletto
12-13-2017, 10:06 AM
I think it's for all consoles. I'm in agreement with Vakris. This is a test and will not be smooth ride. We will need to nit-pick every dropped player, lag glitches, and load times. So pretty much what most of the forum does already. Having said that, let's do what we do. Put the test servers on a treadmill, crank the dial to 11 and play the hell out of it. Then come to the forum and give them our opinions.

Charmzzz
12-13-2017, 10:12 AM
Infos here: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/open-test/

- Available on all platforms and regions except: North Korea (obviously) and Japan (Xbox One)
- Preload available today
- 40k players max - if limit is exceeded you get error message “Ubisoft services are unavailable” until a spot is free
- Special Rewards for participating and doing Daily Orders (too many to list them here)
- Duel, Dominion and Tribute only
- Test starts on December 14th at 1:00 PM (UTC) and ends on December 18th at 1:00 AM (UTC)

bananaflow2017
12-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Do I have to download zur test version or can I just Play with my normal version?

GMG Peter
12-13-2017, 01:41 PM
You have to download separate install

Apolloassn13
12-13-2017, 01:44 PM
I love seeing people post things like "these mechanics are broken." First off, define mechanics as used in reference to game design, then second explain to me how you think the core of this is broken?

You're such a ****in white knight 😂😂😂😂 I swear to god. Can you like go away ?. All u do is try to shut anyone down that has anything negative about the game either you're a undercover Ubisoft employee, you get payed to do this or you just like to be annoying asf?

Alustar.
12-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Notice how he fails to address anything relevant to my post or find a logical means of arguing?
Nope, he'd much rather resort to name calling than discuss a problem.
And just so you are aware, I don't have to "try" anything. I use logic, reason and critical, sometimes unorthodox thinking to find viable solutions to my problems, as opposed to just whining till someone hands me an easy button.
But I digress, I'm simply asking for someone to explain to me what mechanics are broken, and what version of this game you are playing that seems such an unresponsive, unfinished, untested, barely playable and hardly passable as anything near complete enough for a major release? Because every time I've seen the words "mechanics" and broken" in the same post, I shut down, you've lost credibility completely because you've proven you have no clue what you are talking about.
Now if you did, you would know what a mechanic actually is, how it relates to gaming jargon, and that the core mechanics of this title function as intended. Networking aside, there are very little issues outside of a grossly vocal minority of players that have these wild and outlandish problems, with little to no evidence to back up their claims.
But go on, tell me more about how pretty I look in my armor.

Apolloassn13
12-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Notice how he fails to address anything relevant to my post or find a logical means of arguing?
Nope, he'd much rather resort to name calling than discuss a problem.
And just so you are aware, I don't have to "try" anything. I use logic, reason and critical, sometimes unorthodox thinking to find viable solutions to my problems, as opposed to just whining till someone hands me an easy button.
But I digress, I'm simply asking for someone to explain to me what mechanics are broken, and what version of this game you are playing that seems such an unresponsive, unfinished, untested, barely playable and hardly passable as anything near complete enough for a major release? Because every time I've seen the words "mechanics" and broken" in the same post, I shut down, you've lost credibility completely because you've proven you have no clue what you are talking about.
Now if you did, you would know what a mechanic actually is, how it relates to gaming jargon, and that the core mechanics of this title function as intended. Networking aside, there are very little issues outside of a grossly vocal minority of players that have these wild and outlandish problems, with little to no evidence to back up their claims.
But go on, tell me more about how pretty I look in my armor.

Argue about this dedicated server sht ? I could care less, I'm going on u because U continue to down anyone who has anything negative to say about the game like they can't have their own opinion so how about u stfu and get a life ? You're always on the forums like what do you do for a living seriously?.

Alustar.
12-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Argue about this dedicated server sht ? I could care less, I'm going on u because U continue to down anyone who has anything negative to say about the game like they can't have their own opinion so how about u stfu and get a life ? You're always on the forums like what do you do for a living seriously?.

Got it, so you essentially have nothing beneficial to add to anything. Good to know. That was my bad for assuming you were of a mind to actually try and discuss things like a rational adult. I'll leave you to argue with the other kiddies.

Vakris_One
12-13-2017, 04:40 PM
- Available on all platforms and regions except: North Korea (obviously)
You know, the idea strikes me that if the world were to donate a copy of For Honor to Kim Jong Un then global politics could be hashed out in in-game fights. Or perhaps it's a terrible idea and will make North Korea press the Nuclear button after the penultimate ledging by a Raider :p

UbiJurassic
12-13-2017, 08:28 PM

Got it, so you essentially have nothing beneficial to add to anything. Good to know. That was my bad for assuming you were of a mind to actually try and discuss things like a rational adult. I'll leave you to argue with the other kiddies.

I'll ask that you both remain on topic if you continue to post in this thread. If there is something between the two of you that needs to be hashed out, I suggest you both take it to private messages.

Tobias96716
12-13-2017, 08:43 PM
its not showing up in the psn store.....

UbiJurassic
12-13-2017, 08:56 PM
its not showing up in the psn store.....

If you're in the US, this link (https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA10482_00-FHGAMEPS4SIEAOB2) should take you right to it.

Tobias96716
12-13-2017, 09:00 PM
If you're in the US, this link (https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA10482_00-FHGAMEPS4SIEAOB2) should take you right to it.

thanks will try it out....