PDA

View Full Version : Why PK lights are unreactable?

Erhanninja
12-13-2017, 01:23 AM
I play this game since the beta on console.

I never struggle with any characters as much as I do with PK. She is absolutely cancer. Itís for people like to play on easy mode imo.

I can react block and even parry Aramusha lights to most extend as Nobushi since Nobushi guard change is very slow. But I canít react to PK light for some reason. Why her attacks are so fast? If she doesnít do side step attack with me feints I canít do much. She just feints and light attack. Thatís all.

Anybody else has same problem?

Saml84
12-13-2017, 02:14 AM
Yea but devs don't care because its console and they do balance mostly based on pc.

iso_memory
12-13-2017, 02:53 AM
PS4 player here.

I can parry her lights all day long if it's a bot, but if it is a player, because of the lack of lag compensation or removal of Timesnap, or whatever you want to call it, parrying is not typically an option, so I have to go through the formula of trying to block them, look for a window to backstep or dodge (depending on character), hope that she doesn't GB while I'm in recovery frames, and pray to Odin that she doesn't throw in her ridiculously cancerous zone cancel into the mix, and then try to retaliate. Against a high skill level PK, unless I too am on an assassin, its...RIP for me. So, I feel your pain..deep in my soul.

David_gorda
12-13-2017, 03:23 AM
Yea but devs don't care because its console and they do balance mostly based on pc.
This, they only listen to the "Pro" players on PC and try to fix a defensive meta that doesnt exist on console . Introduce 2 new characters with superfast attacks aswell...

Charmzzz
12-13-2017, 11:58 AM
I play this game since the beta on console.

I never struggle with any characters as much as I do with PK. She is absolutely cancer. It’s for people like to play on easy mode imo.

I can react block and even parry Aramusha lights to most extend as Nobushi since Nobushi guard change is very slow. But I can’t react to PK light for some reason. Why her attacks are so fast? If she doesn’t do side step attack with me feints I can’t do much. She just feints and light attack. That’s all.

Anybody else has same problem?

Seems like a mental prob on your side because the speed of PK and Aramusha Lights are exactly the same. And btw Nobushi (or any other) guard stance is not slower than anybody elses. 100ms guard stance change for every Character since months.

You dont believe me? Proof here:
Damage and Speed of all Moves: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0
Patchnotes concering Guard Switch Speed: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-293187-16/live-update-v10801

Alot of misinformation in this thread, sadly but quite common.

Knight_Raime
12-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Lag compensation not being in makes lights in general more difficult to react to. Her lights are the same speed as aramusha's coding wise.

You also need to take into account the animation. Most attacks in this game swing horizontally. Meaning you see more of the attack.
PK is one of the few heros out there that has stab/jab animation attacks. Because those are verticle attacks you see less of said attack.
making it harder to react to.

Alustar.
12-13-2017, 01:26 PM
Also if you haven't checked it out, there is an advanced settings tab that lets you fine tune the response of your right stick. With proper adjustments you can react to all attacks, regardless of class. Lag will always pay a factor, but this can make the difference noticeably.
I've personally helped several of my friends adjust their deadzones to better suit their play styles. It can take a while, but again, definitely worth the effort.

Erhanninja
12-13-2017, 02:29 PM
Thank you.

I had a look before and decreased dead zone but do you have any recommendations as how to set it up? thanks

Alustar.
12-13-2017, 03:36 PM
Thank you.

I had a look before and decreased dead zone but do you have any recommendations as how to set it up? thanks

The best advice I could give is to do a few casual movements of your right stick, paying close attention to where you pull the stick from static. Then look at the options available they should be something similar to:
Up guard stance
Full block/hidden stance
Guard mode dead zone
Rotate widget

The way I set mine up is to minimize the guard up input read and tilt the widget. Reasoning is that I can block up more precisely, and I find when switching sometimes my left/right inputs weren't inside the boundaries. So expanding them increased my ability to nail left/right blocks more accurately. Additionally I found that my thumb didn't move along "true north" so I rotated the widget to accommodate this as well.
Oh I also forgot, I did decrease the actual dead zone value to read my block sooner.

Devils-_-legacy
12-13-2017, 04:54 PM
David Can you stop with the defensive meta doesn't work on console that's bull if I stand still I could parry gb till you die without taking a hit. yes console is harder to react to lights tbf I'll agree with that but to say parry isn't the most rewarding thing you havnt played enough

David_gorda
12-13-2017, 07:02 PM
David Can you stop with the defensive meta doesn't work on console that's bull if I stand still I could parry gb till you die without taking a hit. yes console is harder to react to lights tbf I'll agree with that but to say parry isn't the most rewarding thing you havnt played enough peacekeeper Been S tier Since the start good for honor. You Know why? Because players cant consistently parry her light or zone attack even at highest mmr on PC. Imagine how insanly Broken pk is on console then???? You cant defend against pk except to be Out Of her range or have a Class with fullblock stance + have guard to the right side when fighting her. Yes parry is rewarding but good luck parry a pk that Knows what she doing.

Devils-_-legacy
12-13-2017, 07:11 PM
I dont have to imagine I'm on ps4 since beta and attly thepks the one class i enjoy going against never meet 2 that play the same lol so I'll quickly flip it if that pks has all the advantages of an assassin plus when you start to attack and winning overcomming her kit they can just switch to standing still and parry heavy till you die that's the defensive meta ik because I've done it i could switch to a vanguard or heavy and win by standing still that's a issue

David_gorda
12-13-2017, 07:16 PM
I dont have to imagine I'm on ps4 since beta and attly thepks the one class i enjoy going against never meet 2 that play the same lol so I'll quickly flip it if that pks has all the advantages of an assassin plus when you start to attack and winning overcomming her kit they can just switch to standing still and parry heavy till you die that's the defensive meta ik because I've done it i could switch to a vanguard or heavy and win by standing still that's a issue
Lol Did for honor beta start yesterday? I have played since and pk:s kit is very limited, you have to be play at really low mmr Of the pk use whole kit instead Of just zone and light attacks.

Devils-_-legacy
12-13-2017, 07:49 PM
In my experience lower rep pks depend on the aoe and lights but I don't play her much candel or some one else who mains her could go into more detail but I normally see the same rep 40 pk using the mojority of the kit then just aoes and lights she needs a rework but most of the ogs kits are very limited but I've a said my issue was with you declaring there's no defensive meta when it's still from s1 till now is the most rewarding way to play

David_gorda
12-13-2017, 08:10 PM
In my experience lower rep pks depend on the aoe and lights but I don't play her much candel or some one else who mains her could go into more detail but I normally see the same rep 40 pk using the mojority of the kit then just aoes and lights she needs a rework but most of the ogs kits are very limited but I've a said my issue was with you declaring there's no defensive meta when it's still from s1 till now is the most rewarding way to play
I disagree, plenty Of classes you can play aggressive with on console. The only defensive meta classes on console IMO are shugoki, lawbringer and highlander. Suretop heavy from neutral is probably not the smartest but you can fight without waiting for parries on console.

UbiJurassic
12-13-2017, 08:22 PM

I disagree, plenty Of classes you can play aggressive with on console. The only defensive meta classes on console IMO are shugoki, lawbringer and highlander. Suretop heavy from neutral is probably not the smartest but you can fight without waiting for parries on console.

Hey guys, please make sure that you keep your discussion constructive and respectful of each other's opinions. It hasn't veered away from that yet, but it doesn't hurt to keep that in mind. :)

Erhanninja
12-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Itís abo****ely cancer character itís not about my mental block or her light attacks are same speed whatever PK is simply unreactable on the console. I canít even do anything when a PK is doing light attack spam. I canít attack coz my lights are slower. I canít block because my block and humanely reactions canít keep up. Itís abo****ely ridiculous hero. Every tournament or matches you go in you see PK has most kills or at the top because people canít deal with her. Distance she covers are stupid in every directions even backwards. You canít catch her. Itís really frustrating when I go into tournament win every single match and lose all the rounds to a PK because of character superiority. They need to do something about her