PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please walk me through how to counter Shaman?

xLeapingLizardx
12-12-2017, 11:32 PM
I have been trying ridiculously hard to beat this woman but it is so incredibly difficult. I am total rep 42 and I play a variety of characters so I'm not exactly a scrub.

Annoyances:

1. A lot of the time she does a lot of damage before the fight even starts. Her stealth feat mixed with the long distance instantaneous heavy from any direction catches me off guard and then she gets another move off before I even lock-on.

2. Pounce. She gets it automatically off of a throw which I think is ridiculous... 95% of the time I know she is about to do it but I only successfully dodge it 40% of the time. Like im literally like "Okay here it comes *focus*... *dodge*,,,*pounced anyway*...

3. Her poison feint thing. I forgot exactly how it works because I just practiced with her to learn her moves but that was a while ago. But most people just use her zone attack and then soft feints the bleed attack in any direction she pleases...? It's just ridiculous to me.

4. Her unblockable attack. for some reason its difficult to parry for me. She can feint into whatever she wants.. IDK I am just not sure what to try for that...

And honestly I just feel like a lot of her stuff hits me even when I am trying to dodge.

This is the first time I've really felt like a new character has made the game un-fun for me. Other characters did come in over-powered but there were ways to counter them, or they got nerfed into place. I am honestly surprised that she hasn't been nerfed further than she already has in my opinion.
If anyone can give me some real solid pointers against this woman I would appreciate it.

bob333e
12-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Gladly. There's ample info in this thread, do read through the pages when you get the time.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1795611-Countering-Shaman-(both-pre-nerf-and-post-nerf)

That thread will also be regularly updated should I, and others, learn anything new (and how to counter it).

xLeapingLizardx
12-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Thank you! I will definitely be reading through that!

High-Horse
12-13-2017, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't feel too bad about getting pounced when you feel like it was a good dodge. I've ducked behind a pillar and she literally snaked around the pillar in midair, it was freaky to watch. Don't backdodge, it never ever works.

Other than that, practice the **** out of lvl 3 Bot Mode and learn when and where the bleed comes out. It should be an instant reflex to block or parry that purple kukri, because it's never guaranteed unless it's from a deflect.

Once you learn the timing and combos of the Unblockable, the Bleeds, and the different pounces, she's pretty cake and actually fun to fight compared to all the other turtles.

I'm also pretty sure the Unblockable, whether she feints it or not, is a free GB if you attempt it the moment her axe starts flaming.

JadeBosson.
12-14-2017, 02:14 AM
I just aggressively stab/GB/throw them till there dead lol