PDA

View Full Version : Can SIMPED pedals be used with the MS Sidewinder FFB2 joystick?

Flying_Nutcase
04-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi. Your help is appreciated:

Can SIMPED pedals be used with the MS Sidewinder FFB2 joystick?

I'm borrowing a friend's Sidewinder. If it's possible, how do I get IL2 to use the SIMPED rudder control instead of the Sidewinder's twist handle?

Thanks,

Nutcase

Flying_Nutcase
04-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi. Your help is appreciated:

Can SIMPED pedals be used with the MS Sidewinder FFB2 joystick?

I'm borrowing a friend's Sidewinder. If it's possible, how do I get IL2 to use the SIMPED rudder control instead of the Sidewinder's twist handle?

Thanks,

Nutcase

F16_Fatboy
04-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Try this! Go to "hardware setup -> input-> hotas". Highlite the axis for "Rudder" and press your rudder pedal. Should read something like "Z-axis". Save and go back into gaame to se if it works. You can se your pedals working down in your cocpit.If you have wrong respons go back and press other pedal.

Good luck
FLSTF

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/F16_fatboy/Album1/sig_fatboy.jpg

Flying_Nutcase
04-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks F16. I did just that and it worked a treat. Using pedals really is a good experience!

Udidtoo
04-13-2004, 12:03 PM
You may find that you have to repet those steps whenever you genarate a new pilot for offline.

I have my puter tricked into thinking a PS2 Gran Turismo gas & brake are rudders. They work wonderful but have to be reset for each profile, also must be set right rudder 1st. I have never figured out why but if I push left 1st, right rudder will not respond.

Good hunting

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.