PDA

View Full Version : Does IL2 support HMDs / VR helmets?

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 12:08 AM
Since I've tried TrackIR and really DON'T like having to keep looking at the screen while you crane your neck, I was curious if FB would support a VR helmet.

...and if anybody knows where you can buy a decent one. Used, refurbished, surplus, whatever. But one that functions at something higher than 160x120 resolution in 3 colors.

Stenciled on the side of my Dora:

"Lasst das H√¬∂llentor √¬∂ffen, es friert hier oben!"
("Leave the gates to Hell open, it's FREEZING up here!")

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 12:08 AM
Since I've tried TrackIR and really DON'T like having to keep looking at the screen while you crane your neck, I was curious if FB would support a VR helmet.

...and if anybody knows where you can buy a decent one. Used, refurbished, surplus, whatever. But one that functions at something higher than 160x120 resolution in 3 colors.

Stenciled on the side of my Dora:

"Lasst das H√¬∂llentor √¬∂ffen, es friert hier oben!"
("Leave the gates to Hell open, it's FREEZING up here!")

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 12:17 AM
not sure about VR helmets but stereo drivers in general seem flakey with VB, reorts on the edimensional 3D glasses are not envouraging, the same issues will probably occur with a VR headset.

<center> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAtUWiWZ3BKw19!aryp7v3C1h1DuNwpHOOuqhlraGSyMAY KiPEOZAA1OBgsLu*Sa0UQ2my0PiFyvNkJ5K7Clsoy7yNtEvOXY nHDuPNiotpZACY2oJxw/aircraftround.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 12:35 AM
Usually, the issue is not with the software, in the case IL-2, but rather with the HMD itself. Most affortable HMDs have small FOV (bad), low resolution (bad), and not well designed. I have an i-glasses HMD; I use it to watch movie, but not playing games.