PDA

View Full Version : Community thoughts on Shaman nerf

Waxfacts
12-10-2017, 08:53 PM
So since the nerf i personally feel shaman is in a better state, obviously tweaks here and there might be needed but overall i think shes healthier. Ive noticed since the nerf a dramatic decrease in shaman players in games. Im actually playing her more because i feel comfortable playing a character that isnt godly op, i stayed away originally because i hate being op characters. Just felt wrong. Anyway, the nerf seems good to me, however im worried people dropped her after the nerf and havent touched her complaining she's terrible now. I think she's has some weakness now, but honestly every hero should. A small buff wouldn't be out of my mind, but very small. That being said im comfortable with no changes, until further issues i may have missed are highlighted or other characters receive changes that affect her second hand.

Arekonator
12-10-2017, 09:44 PM
She is still the strongest character in the game, the nerfs were no-brainers, how dev team could even relase her with those numbers is absolutely mind boggling. She will still be grossly broken at least till the hitbox on jump is fixed. Tell me what would you buff, without making her even more stupidly broken than she is?

ArchDukeInstinct
12-10-2017, 09:46 PM
She still needs further nerfs. A 400ms unblockable that takes a third of your health should not exist in this game. End of story. But I do think it's fantastic that Shaman players power trips are already coming to an end and they're coming on these forums to lash out at the community.

D-d0g56
12-10-2017, 11:16 PM
I'm in two minds about her. I feel like she gets a lot of easy damage that otherwise wouldn't make sense if given to other heroes. However the more I play against her the more readable she becomes. Spotting the animation prior to her pounce was a big help in countering her. The only real thing other than tracking that I think she absolutely needs changed is removing guaranteed pounce after GB. It can be spammed without bleed and is the largest punish in the game off of GB when in bleed status. Although that is technically situational, it is of no great effort for her to get bleed in the first place. Guaranteed pounce on wall splat is fair though, most heroes have similar punishes and is becoming more and more the only way that she lands the attack as I have gotten more use to countering her.

bob333e
12-11-2017, 01:11 AM
More of a readjustment of damage values and tracking hitbox, not exactly a nerf; she was indeed broken in those areas, after she receives all her fixes in the next title update, she'll be in a good place.
The more I play against her, the more and more I learn how to counter her. By far the most noob-friendly hero to use, yet still, takes practice to really master (most newbies maining Shaman will be far too readable against an experienced player).
She is still pretty strong and if we combine her feinting game, the rate of damage she can put out, along with her bleed pounce punish, it easily makes her the strongest hero. Yet still in no way impossible to counter. Very counterable; only, conventional methods don't really work against her, an opponent must adjust to her fluidity and kit flow in order to keep the upper hand.

She was marketed as 'Breaker of the Defensive Meta', but honestly, she's more like 'The Breaker of Heroes'. She's a new benchmark and you have to up your game when dealing with her.

I agree with Ultra-Mortis that her guaranteed pounce after GB is a bit too much, seeing as if you've been bled, it's way too easy to dish out a massive punish that also heals Shaman; while at the same time there are no risks for Shaman (risks for initiating Predator's Mercy, if we compare that to Shugoki's Demon Embrace). And landing bleed attacks isn't as hard as people may think, because of her amazing kit flow.

I also agree with DukeInstinct that after this hot-fix, players who enjoyed abusing her badly adjusted mechanics are now hopping on the forum and lashing out at everyone else and at Ubisoft, while at the same time, attempting to hurt other heroes by calling for nerfs on Conqueror, Centurion, PK, Lawbringer, even Warden. And I spotted a thread calling Kensei spammy. It's been an amazing influx of angry messages and threads after Shaman received her first major fixes. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

FredEx919
12-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone, we'll have a new run of changes coming up pretty soon. These will include more adjustments for Shaman. I'm hoping to have these ready for everyone during next week. We'll keep you updated though.

Devils-_-legacy
12-11-2017, 04:39 PM
I think she's okay still needs some number tweaks and side dodge Heavy needs to be a bit more punishing like she dodges your hits when your weapon goes through her and takes no damage probs a lag issue I can't how there going to balance the game with out all the rest of the reworks tho every season the kits get more eccentric that leaves the ogs in the dust

bananaflow2017
12-11-2017, 04:54 PM
It's her kit what makes her too strong and not her numbers...
She simply has got too many options.
You can't adjust that by tweaking numbers...
But thats such an issue with several dlc characters. When i compare theire skill lists to the skill lists from the original characters....

Vakris_One
12-11-2017, 05:27 PM
For now the only things I think she needs tweaked is the tracking on her bite and to either reduce or remove completely her stamina regen from a bite. She gets health from the bite, she shouldn't also get a full stamina recharge for such a low risk move. That would be all I would feel is necessary as she can be very predictable if played badly and anything she can do is definitely counterable. The only thing that I would categorise as problematic (after her tracking fix that is) is her pounce after GB essentially giving her the throw distance of a Warlord. The thing I would suggest here is to make her pounce and bite after GB dodgeable. That would then address her potential to do ledge cheese and require her to get a wall splat from a GB if she wants to get the bite guarranteed, which I feel is fair enough considering a lot of the roster need a wall splat to initiate certain attacks.

Knight_Raime
12-12-2017, 04:19 AM
she feels more reasonable all around. Her bites damage and tracking are still out of place.
her wildcats rage bug needs to be fixed.

Besides those things I feel she should receive these nerfs:
~removing splat capability from pounce
~nerf throw distance
~nerf stamina gain from bite
~increased recovery on dodges

that's about it. Once lag comp is added back in if attack speed is still an issue then her top bleed can go to 500ms in line with the other bleed directions.
and wildcats rage could be slowed some as well. But imo everything else should be left alone speed wise.

JadeBosson.
12-12-2017, 04:43 AM
imo the nerfs were unneeded I have noticed a decrease in people using her but shes still easy to use / easy to kill a bit less fun to use due to slight speed changes but yeah uneeded nerfs yet still fun to use

iso_memory
12-12-2017, 06:44 AM
imo the nerfs were unneeded I have noticed a decrease in people using her but shes still easy to use / easy to kill a bit less fun to use due to slight speed changes but yeah uneeded nerfs yet still fun to use

Uh...I respectfully disagree.

Most of what everyone is saying in terms of further nerfs, I agree with 100%