PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will the first playable version of BGE2 for testers contain?

Legion-495
12-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Greetings!
Since I rarely make any threads I thought to myself I should make a small one.
So I kinda like the idea to speculate what we are able to gonna see if the game first surfaces for us.

I expect to see:

A half working character creator if it is not even the first thing we are allowed to look into after we already saw it is a thing or they just replace the player with a Knox I mean hey we are in the Space Monkey Program.
The City we saw in the Engine Preview. I expect that to be part of a early testing as we saw it is kinda there or some parts of it
Maybe we are allowed to look even into the vehicles, but I doubt we are allowed to explore a lot(Within City reach max)
Unpolished textures and assets, but still looking okay if I go by the Preview
A camera or cameraview
A not launching tester version xD
Since we saw it we might are allowed to paint a tuk-tuk and drive around the blocks or so :D

What I highly doubt:

I don't think that we gonna get any kind of free roaming as I doubt they want us to see any real not even closely finished things.
Flying into space. Even if we get a vehicle it will be limited.
NPCs
No global scale effects to see
Something to do
Voice acting or even text as placeholder
A flawless starting "game"
Weapons
Good working controls or other inputs than standard for the device(PC,PS,Xbox) which it is tested on.

The question is: What do you guys think we will see?

AlexandaBleak
12-10-2017, 09:00 PM
i think the fist playable test thing they release wouldn't be in the actual games world i would be in a sandbox testing environment designed for us to test the limits of the engine and find bugs and what not, because it'd be weird to give away any story details at this point so engine testing is more likely

Legion-495
12-10-2017, 10:06 PM
i think the fist playable test thing they release wouldn't be in the actual games world i would be in a sandbox testing environment designed for us to test the limits of the engine and find bugs and what not, because it'd be weird to give away any story details at this point so engine testing is more likely

Never thought we get any story to make that clear.
Hmm good point with the sandbox enviroment.
But I kinda think that the engine is fine with what was it 3 years work on it?
I think it is more of gameplay elements kinda testing.

ElPrimordial
12-11-2017, 04:42 PM
I think AlexandaBleak is right. Probably they will want to stress their engine in a wide range of PC configurations to know how it works on them and then make corrections, etc, etc, etc.

Legion-495
12-11-2017, 07:49 PM
I might be totally off but aren't there simulators for testing multiple configurations?
I mean Virtual Machine things. Well anyway. I wonder which boundries or bugs may appear... I bet I catch the game breaking ones as usually xD

ElPrimordial
12-12-2017, 06:21 PM
I might be totally off but aren't there simulators for testing multiple configurations?
I mean Virtual Machine things. Well anyway. I wonder which boundries or bugs may appear... I bet I catch the game breaking ones as usually xD

Oh! I completely forgot about that. Anyway real life tests wouldn't hurt... I think...