PDA

View Full Version : revenge

masen9999
12-10-2017, 07:06 AM
revenge in a one on one is the stupidest ****ing thing it shouldnt be a thing its a dumb mechanic

JadeBosson.
12-10-2017, 07:51 AM
be less aggressive?

grossbelly
12-10-2017, 07:57 AM
be less aggressive?
This. Also, GB and throw. Dodge back, then to the side. Don't throw attacks if he's already blocked/parried a bunch.

brashtralas
12-10-2017, 08:44 AM
Are you two serious right now? For real, pick your battles.

The op is 100% correct in saying revenge in 1v1 shouldn’t exist. It’s idiotic. Why would anyone EVER get a gank prevention mechanic when you’re only fighting one person?

And be less aggressive?? You mean embrace the turtle meta everyone cries about day-in and day-out?

Holy cow, guys. Let’s try to be a bit less defensive about poor mechanics and a bit more constructive. Revenge should not pop in 1v1, and that’s a common sense statement.

masen9999
12-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Are you two serious right now? For real, pick your battles.

The op is 100% correct in saying revenge in 1v1 shouldn’t exist. It’s idiotic. Why would anyone EVER get a gank prevention mechanic when you’re only fighting one person?

And be less aggressive?? You mean embrace the turtle meta everyone cries about day-in and day-out?

Holy cow, guys. Let’s try to be a bit less defensive about poor mechanics and a bit more constructive. Revenge should not pop in 1v1, and that’s a common sense statement.

thank you some one gets it this is why the turtle meta a thing bc of revenge in a 1v1

grossbelly
12-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Ya'll mad. You get revenge, too. Its like complaining about hyper combos in street fighter. Every fighting game has an element like this. Imagine being in a 1v1 as a Heavy getting light spammed by a PK. It's cheap and requires no little skill, what's wrong with revenge balancing it out?? Revenge isn't even a strong thing. It's ridiculously easy to avoid in 1v1. If it's a problem for you you're obviously aggressive players and should practice playing defensively and counter attacking rather than going all out. You're the ones that fill their revenge meters, after all.

Alustar.
12-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Revenge isn't active in duels, if you are giving your opponent revenge in 4v4 during a 1v1, then yes you are in fact being too aggressive. Defensive meta isn't a thing because of revenge. That's you being stupid and letting another player bait you into a trap.

brashtralas
12-10-2017, 05:46 PM
So you’re telling me that if you play aggressive in duels, it’s fine, you’re simply pressing your advantage. But ignoring you play aggressive in any other mode during a 1v1...... it’s a trap and you’re “being stupid.”

No, bud, that’s stupid programming. You’re arguing against common sense.

If you’re playing tribute and NEED to get to an enemy flag to keep them from winning, you’re going to want to kill the guy in front of you as fast as you can. Revenge is unbelievably easy to obtain, even in 1v1, and it most certainly shouldn’t be a mechanic people count on when dueling(in 4v4 modes).

I really can’t believ this is an argument. In fact, revenge shouldn’t even be able to be modified through gear. It should be a static mechanic dependent on class type.

Just wow.

Alustar.
12-10-2017, 11:17 PM
So you’re telling me that if you play aggressive in duels, it’s fine, you’re simply pressing your advantage. But ignoring you play aggressive in any other mode during a 1v1...... it’s a trap and you’re “being stupid.”

No, bud, that’s stupid programming. You’re arguing against common sense.

If you’re playing tribute and NEED to get to an enemy flag to keep them from winning, you’re going to want to kill the guy in front of you as fast as you can. Revenge is unbelievably easy to obtain, even in 1v1, and it most certainly shouldn’t be a mechanic people count on when dueling(in 4v4 modes).

I really can’t believ this is an argument. In fact, revenge shouldn’t even be able to be modified through gear. It should be a static mechanic dependent on class type.

Just wow.

Do you even know how many blocked hits it would take to trigger revenge in a 1v1? Even if they are running a revenge heavy build, which btw means they have huge caveats on their defenses in other places. So yeah, kind of seems like the programming makes sense. I hit 1v1s frequently today and managed not to give my opponents revenge. Only time it as an issue was when my team came to "help".
I don't see why is such a big deal that you have to rethink your strategy a little that's kind of the thing about this game .