PDA

View Full Version : Fix the highlander please...

Breezy175
12-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Hello guys, so i want to make that short. I play this game since the beta and i love this game. But now i am done with it till you buff the highlander in a state that he is at the same level as other characters.

First of all his guardbreak range is the biggest joke in the game. A 10 year old kid could probably make more meters with a guardbreak than this 2 meter masculin man...
The next thing is he dont have any opener. Dont say that Celtic Curse is a opener, every player can parry it easy, give the highlander the option to faint it..
Then his stamina management it sucks so badly... i got my whole gear on stamina reducing and stamina recovery at least this gear part... I run out of stamina that ****ing fast... If i am at offense form i can do like 1 kick into caber toss and a heavy and i am out of stamina, when i wasnt at full stamina when i started this combo i cant do the heavy so i got nothing from the whole combo.

Then his damage... Please tell me how its possible that a tiny girl like shaman can do more dmg with her little axe and knife than a guy with a ****ing 2 meter claymore? How is that possible? Her unblockable got 1100 ms and the highlander normal heavy got 1000 ms so shouldnt be the damage nearly the same?

When there is a shaman who only makes her jump attack heavys everytime from different angles i cant react on the PS4. Really its impossible for me and i am no bad player, i am nearly at 700 hours...

So please buff this character. Highlander looks really nice and i like his kit but its just too weak. I think if you would put 2 players which are on the exact same level as opponents the highlander would lose against every character.

Yours faithfully

ArmorKing175 PS4

I hope i get some helpful feedback :)

Tundra 793
12-09-2017, 10:41 PM
I agree with pretty much all of this.

The Highlander has been aggressively, hilariously mediocre since the second he launched, and It's beyond baffling that no significant changes have been made to him so far.

I do however think he has openers. Celtic Curse works the majority of the time for me, if nothing else as a way to get on the offensive. Asides from that, there's feinting an offensive heavy into a light, or into a kick. Or just go straight into the kick.
Or the superior block lights to get back in the fight.

The problems arise after you do an opener, because you're gonna be out of stamina with very little damage done.

NHLGoldenKnight
12-10-2017, 01:56 AM
As a main Highlander ( with Warden) I believe Highlander is the most balanced hero of any of the heroes we got after OG crew. I like his moveset, and most of his gear looks amazing as well. I have no difficulties being very attack minded playing him while still easily surpassing my Warden K/D.

However, something has to change when it comes to relation between Highlander or Lawbringer and Conq. for that matter, and assasins. I still believe that right way should be to decrease damage assasins deal instead to increase damage other big boys deal. Because, as you pointed out, there is just no sense that Shaman or Berserker as well as other assasins can deal so much damage. There are already too fast plus they have more stamina and in current game condition , it hurts gameplay.

Big boys such as Higlander should be the ones who control battlefield but instead I always have to hide behind objects and use my street smarts to win. Want to fight out in a open vs assasin? Good luck!

Only Ubisoft can explain why the Gladiator has so much health , why Berserke can kill me in 2 strikes or why Shinobi exists in this game at all. They screwed up because of they favoritism towards assasins class in general.

So if you ask me, Inwould rather rework some of the assasins because I like the Highlander the way he is. But if that is not an option and they want to keep Shinobis slaping everyone around kung fu style, then I do want to see slightly improved Highlander. Increased sprint speed and higher damage.

Vordred
12-10-2017, 03:55 AM
i agree with that, Highlander seems like he has poor damage, but i think it's more that others hit too hard for what they are.

on the Highlander front, i think he is more in line with what the game should be, he is a pretty balanced character, just feels weak because of some unbalanced characters, but i would adjust his stamina costs a bit, some of his stuff costs way too much.

Tundra 793
12-10-2017, 04:42 AM
i agree with that, Highlander seems like he has poor damage, but i think it's more that others hit too hard for what they are.

on the Highlander front, i think he is more in line with what the game should be, he is a pretty balanced character, just feels weak because of some unbalanced characters, but i would adjust his stamina costs a bit, some of his stuff costs way too much.

You're absolutely right.

In a perfect world, the Highlander is the most balanced character, damage, health and speed wise.

Sadly, we don't live in that particular world, and the result is the Highlander being objectively worse than almost all the other heroes. He is what the game should be, but the Centurion, Gladiator, Shinobi, Aramusha and Shaman just ruin that concept.

So our choices are to either bring the other 15 heroes down to his level, or bring 1 hero up to their level. Oddly enough, the developers seem to be doing neither however.

So for the time being, Highlander is just a 2 meter tall monument to the twisted, irrational and annoying process the developers go through when balancing their game.

xNioh
12-10-2017, 01:36 PM
He is my main now, and yes, he need some change.
the big problem with him for me, is that he is got nothing out of Parry.
And no, gb into zone cancal is not cool.
He need some Counter after a parry, maybe some move that do a stamina dmg and let him start a mixup.
Maybe if you press the GB key right after a parry (same as warlord/cent timing) you will do a kick and then you can get a heavy after the kick. Just like any hybrid in the game has a heavy after parry-gb, give it to highlander , but in the cost of self-stamina from the kick.
i think this will make him more "useful" and place his spot in the "hybrid" roster in good spot.

Vordred
12-10-2017, 05:41 PM
yeah see the nothing off parry issue is another one, where i think that's how it should be, your reward for parrying should just be that you parried, but again the problem is, that pretty much everyone else goes get something, which again makes the Highlander feel weak compared to everyone else.

Card1acArrest
12-10-2017, 06:48 PM
he is not designed to Parry.
Use counter blow. (i rarely do myself..) :)

same for Aramusha.

I play him a bit in 4vs4 now and i score less with him than my other classes. but he is DIFFERENT so it is fun! :) you can do a steady stream of unblockables, i think that is good value.

Breezy175
12-11-2017, 03:53 PM
Hello guys, thanks for your opinions. Is it possible that any dev can look at this thread? I see that there are many with the same opinion as mine.

Yours faithfully

ArmorKing175 PS4

Card1acArrest
12-12-2017, 09:49 AM
one more comments 😁

in 4v4 i score some 4-6-7 kills with HL and it is a struggle.

so yesterday i got fed up and changed to my rep2 PK.

15 kills, 0 deaths vs same opponents.

HL is really difficult to play effectively with. :)

Knight_Raime
12-12-2017, 10:03 AM
His stamina managment should deff change. everything in offensive form should cost less stamina. and leaving offensive form should be free of stamina cost.
he would probably be better if his grab had better tracking. OF lights should do more damage.
Maaaaybe move his HA sooner into his attacks. or at the very least make it so he can't be GBed out of his heavies. it's a little silly how easy it is to punish this guy.

BarbeQMichael
12-12-2017, 10:51 AM
He would become quite average if he got his stamina management buffed so he could actually attack, and either speeding him up or buffing his damage to at least average level. Now its just ridiculous that he swings his 1,5m long claymore for 1000ms attack @ 25 dmg when tiny daggers and crop sickles hit harder and much faster

Breezy175
12-12-2017, 12:10 PM
In my opinion they should reduce the stamina costs massively, to the half or something like that. And maybe they let the OF lights as 10 dmg but give them stun so you got a better mixup for follow ups.

IS THERE ANY DEV?????

Yours faithfully

ArmorKing175

Alustar.
12-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Yet everyone since the day he came live says "good job Ubi, first hero that's not OP and totally balanced!" It's sickening how he underperforms even stacked up again the original cast. I love his concept, but they need to either make him faster in all aspects (to justify how little damage he does compared to his stamina drain) or buff his damage values (to justify how ungodly slow and predictable he is). And for the love of all things sacred please do something about his stamina cost of offensive lights. Those are light his and they take out more stamina than his offensive heavies!

RoosterIlluzion
12-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Hello guys, so i want to make that short. I play this game since the beta and i love this game. But now i am done with it till you buff the highlander in a state that he is at the same level as other characters.

First of all his guardbreak range is the biggest joke in the game. A 10 year old kid could probably make more meters with a guardbreak than this 2 meter masculin man...
The next thing is he dont have any opener. Dont say that Celtic Curse is a opener, every player can parry it easy, give the highlander the option to faint it..
Then his stamina management it sucks so badly... i got my whole gear on stamina reducing and stamina recovery at least this gear part... I run out of stamina that ****ing fast... If i am at offense form i can do like 1 kick into caber toss and a heavy and i am out of stamina, when i wasnt at full stamina when i started this combo i cant do the heavy so i got nothing from the whole combo.

Then his damage... Please tell me how its possible that a tiny girl like shaman can do more dmg with her little axe and knife than a guy with a ****ing 2 meter claymore? How is that possible? Her unblockable got 1100 ms and the highlander normal heavy got 1000 ms so shouldnt be the damage nearly the same?

When there is a shaman who only makes her jump attack heavys everytime from different angles i cant react on the PS4. Really its impossible for me and i am no bad player, i am nearly at 700 hours...

So please buff this character. Highlander looks really nice and i like his kit but its just too weak. I think if you would put 2 players which are on the exact same level as opponents the highlander would lose against every character.

Yours faithfully

ArmorKing175 PS4

I hope i get some helpful feedback :)

Every hero has a ridiculously short GB, unless your a BOT. They can slide 10m. But if you've never fought a L3 Highlander BOT, you need a little training. They feint like its nobody's business.

Jansen5
12-12-2017, 04:40 PM
I basically can parry whatever he throws at me except that stupid should grab, that was always frustrating...

Breezy175
12-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Hello Rooster, thanks for your post :)

Not every GB-Range is the same i think, or maybe it just seems to me like that. And yea every bot lvl 3 is a master in what they do because they read your inputs. Try to fight a shaman bot lvl 3 and you dont have any chance because she deflects everything. But thats not the topic.

How we all here said that the kit from Highlander is funny and nice but its not viable to use. It costs to much stamina and even his crushing counter on all sides is hard to do. I mean if the enemy is an idiot and throws some heavy then its easy but try to counter lights with it. And thats the point a Highlander bot knows your imputs and can react to them without thinking and no reaction time. A normal person got a reaction from 250-300 ms + Guardswitch = 100 ms, so you are at 400 ms, if your connection is good. But we all know that issue with the connection. So its possible that you even cant block. Atleast at the PS4 its like that.

Yours faithfully
Armorking175

FredEx919
12-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback on Highlander. While I can't promise balance changes in the next patch, we're definitely aware that you want more from the character. I'll make sure this goes straight to the fight team and hopefully we can show Highlander some love.

Breezy175
12-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Wuhuuuuu :D thanks for answering. I was scared that this thread goes under from the much spam and everything. I hope the devs will do anything :D

Yours faithfully

Armorking175

bob333e
12-12-2017, 07:53 PM
I agree Highlander needs better stamina management. If anything, reduce stamina cost on most of the stuff he does, particularly attacks done in Celtic Curse stance.

He could also use some more openers. And he needs to be able to chain a bit more off of his Crushing Counter.

Not sure if others mentioned those points above, but if they did then I second them.

Highlander is my chosen secondary; I like him best, right after Warden. He feels well-rounded, unfortunately he's not been exactly polished just yet.

I doubt Ubisoft will be reworking DLC heroes anytime soon, but they eventually will. It's gonna be a bit of a waiting time though.

Erhanninja
12-12-2017, 08:58 PM
You guys are joking right? He is strong as he is. He is a gank master. He has no openers? That attack looks like top attack and coming from side? He has unblockable kick? He has that grab basically same as OOS parry? He has counter crash basically even better that LW shove. I donít know about his stamina but I saw very good Highlanders.

Tundra 793
12-12-2017, 09:19 PM
You guys are joking right? He is strong as he is. He is a gank master. He has no openers? That attack looks like top attack and coming from side? He has unblockable kick? He has that grab basically same as OOS parry? He has counter crash basically even better that LW shove. I don’t know about his stamina

His kick, and grab are both quite slow, and easy to dodge, and therefore to punish. And since he has the health of an Assassin, 125 HP, he can't take too much punishing, nor even trade blows with most other heroes.
And since he has mediocre damage, and slow attacks, even if his grab lands you're still not getting punished as hard as other classes can, with less effort.

The top attack is the Celtic Curse, which can be feinted into a side heavy, it's not appearing to come from one direction, it just switches from top to side. It's also entirely parriable and blockable.

His Crushing Counter is very good, yes. But it's hard to pull off consistently, and it leads into his biggest flaw; Piss poor stamina management.

His attacks are slow, don't do particularly high damage and drain his stamina even after a few hits.

but I saw very good Highlanders.

The arguments we're making for balancing/tweaking the Highlander are based largely on his stats. Naturally you'll find competent Highlander players in game that can kick lots of ***, but this can be said of all the heroes.
My mains are Berserker (Rep 21), and Highlander (Rep 16). While I enjoy Highlander, i have to put in twice the effort with him compared to my Zerker, to achieve the same results. I also have to play much more carefully.
I've also started getting into the Shaman, and compared to those two heroes, I can almost literally faceroll my controller to win fights.

Knight_Raime
12-12-2017, 11:31 PM
You guys are joking right? He is strong as he is. He is a gank master. He has no openers? That attack looks like top attack and coming from side? He has unblockable kick? He has that grab basically same as OOS parry? He has counter crash basically even better that LW shove. I donít know about his stamina but I saw very good Highlanders.

4v4's are not a good way to prove your point. Those modes put far less emphasis on the individual player and in general people get away with things that simply wouldn't happen in a 1v1 situation.

An opener is an unblockable bash/attack that can be mixed up and is consistent. Celtic curse cancel is none of those save a mix up. and since it isn't an unblockable people can stand and wait to block it. the kick has no tracking and is slower than centurions kick. His grab is only available canceling into it from what I remember. it's 100% possible to dodge it by dodging the thing it was canceled into as it has poor tracking.

Crushing counter is what you are thinking of. in terms of rewards it's better. But LB gets his off of block which is basically free stamina damage and light damage since most people cant deal with the light after. Where as crushing counter requires specific timing and requires you to attack yourself. And because it's done from a light you can't feint it which means high risk to attempt. Someone can easily bait it out of you.

He's not strong. he's got an interesting kit that's held back by numbers.

dizzy-glad
12-13-2017, 05:49 AM
I agree with all of this and would also like to be able to feint his Celtic Curse. Aramusha's is like 6-9x better in many ways.