PDA

View Full Version : Parrying Lawbringer as Warden

Erhanninja
12-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Recently I play as Warden however when I parry a LW I tried to get GB coz of range I canít do that. So I tried side heavy after parry I donít get that either.

What can I do to punish a LW after parry as Warden? Do I have to do a zone? Itís minimal punishment and too much stamina...

David_gorda
12-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Recently I play as Warden however when I parry a LW I tried to get GB coz of range I canít do that. So I tried side heavy after parry I donít get that either.

What can I do to punish a LW after parry as Warden? Do I have to do a zone? Itís minimal punishment and too much stamina... havent played Warden for awhile buy i think you get a top heavy if you parry a light. Zone attack if parry heavy.

ChampionRuby50g
12-09-2017, 11:40 PM

What can I do to punish a LW after parry as Warden? Do I have to do a zone? Itís minimal punishment and too much stamina...

What David said, or you can top light into SB.

bob333e
12-11-2017, 02:46 AM
Just spotted this. Warden main here, I can certainly help. Also, what David and Champ highlighted are also valid solutions.

LB's most obvious advantage is his range. Warden doesn't excel at range, and you'll often have to dash forward to close the gap. By dashing forward, you're weak to GB and to shove-bash (which is also hyperarmored and cannot be interrupted).

This is also valid against Kensei and Nobushi. Both have greater range than Warden. Highlander also might too, at times.

No matter what, don't distance yourself too much from a Lawbringer when you fight one. Make sure you stay within sword reach, and if you can, within GB reach more often. You don't have to punish upon every successful parry; if anything, one parry is all you need to successfully close the gap. You're safe by dashing forward while the LB is recovering from parry stagger. You may then initiate a SB to prevent turtling. Or, feint that, GB his dodge, and punish accordingly.

If you parry a light attack, and you're not exactly within GB range, throw a top heavy. Top heavy will draw you closer in to the LB than a side heavy, and also deals heavier damage, provided you were quick enough. There are more options, but top heavy is your best damage dealer / punisher.

If you parry a heavy attack or unblockable, go either for side heavy (if you're within sword reach) or top light into SB. The former is better as you deal more damage, feint a second heavy, and punish his dodge/parry attempt; however this is situational, do what fits your situation best.

Zone attack works, but isn't always optimal against LB; zone attack is a single strike and has higher stamina usage, so watch out if you get hit by a shove-bash after; don't let LB drain the stamina. And it must be dished out quickly after the parry, lest risk having it blocked (mostly by your opponent's luck with having their guard to their left), resulting in a free GB on the Warden.

Unlocking and doing running attacks also works, if you're unsure how to approach LB. Warden's run attack is notorious, because it's quick. If you're fighting an experienced opponent, they might telegraph it and put their guard to the right, to block your running attack. Feint a heavy, unlock, sprint and quickly hit the heavy button. Almost always works. By then you'll be in his face, you retake the upper hand.

Lastly, don't forget about the fully charged SB. Many Wardens forget to use it mid-fight (heck, I do too) because it often involves trading hits, hence why the fully charged SB is hyperarmored. But if it lands, it guarantees quite a few things. And will scare the LB even more.

Erhanninja
12-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Wow amazing information thank you!

But I thought you donít get a top heavy after light parry if you donít do wall splat? I had cases even if I do wall splat I didnít get too heavy?

bob333e
12-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Wow amazing information thank you!

But I thought you don’t get a top heavy after light parry if you don’t do wall splat? I had cases even if I do wall splat I didn’t get too heavy?

You're welcome :) you must be quick with top heavy, else you miss your window. On wallsplat it's 90% guaranteed, on light parry it's 70% guaranteed. On fully charged SB it's 100% guaranteed.

Erhanninja
12-13-2017, 11:18 AM
I see...I think I'm quick enough but I will try it our again.

What would you say about punish after parry?

Is it better to do two side lights? Is SB guaranteed after that?

Or side heavy?

Erhanninja
12-13-2017, 11:20 AM
I see...I think I'm quick enough but I will try it our again.

What would you say about punish after parry?

Is it better to do two side lights? Is SB guaranteed after that?

Or side heavy?