PDA

View Full Version : Randomized Executions Option So We See More Than Just 2 Over and Over In A Match

TheJoshDixon
12-08-2017, 11:25 PM
The new 4K patch for Xbox One X finally got me back into For Honor after a very long hiatus, and I'm loving it. But there's one thing that I think the game really needs, and it's a glaring oversight that, if properly implemented, I think just about everyone would wonder how we never had this to begin with.

A lot of us can agree that seeing those gruesome executions play out after besting an opponent is one of the coolest parts of For Honor. Button mapping executions can only go so far, and the thrill of these executions kind of dies down after seeing the same couple repeated over and over during a match. I would absolutely love an option to randomize these executions. It would be exciting to anticipate what execution your character is about to do, and being able to utilize 5 or 6 different execution styles (that you worked hard to earn) in one match without having to constantly swap them out in the customization menus would be amazing. This kind of variety would benefit both sides, since seeing your character execute other players the exact same way every time is just as repetitive and boring as seeing your opponent execute you the same two ways every time. If you give everyone the ability to randomize executions, and add that to the different hero variety, we'll be getting a plethora of different execution styles in each game, which would really spice up these matches.

How you implement the randomized executions can be done a couple different ways. Players could simply set all executions to "Random," and we just click a button to initiate it. OR you could simply button map it along with the others. X or Y set to random? Maybe add a new button option, so players can maintain control of the two initial pre-assigned executions, and add that additional button to map a random option. Lots of different ways to make this work.

P.S. - Keep adding new executions. They're a lot fo fun, and aside form hero unlocks, are really the main thing I spend my currency on.

UbiJurassic
12-08-2017, 11:38 PM
The new 4K patch for Xbox One X finally got me back into For Honor after a very long hiatus, and I'm loving it. But there's one thing that I think the game really needs, and it's a glaring oversight that, if properly implemented, I think just about everyone would wonder how we never had this to begin with.

A lot of us can agree that seeing those gruesome executions play out after besting an opponent is one of the coolest parts of For Honor. Button mapping executions can only go so far, and the thrill of these executions kind of dies down after seeing the same couple repeated over and over during a match. I would absolutely love an option to randomize these executions. It would be exciting to anticipate what execution your character is about to do, and being able to utilize 5 or 6 different execution styles (that you worked hard to earn) in one match without having to constantly swap them out in the customization menus would be amazing. This kind of variety would benefit both sides, since seeing your character execute other players the exact same way every time is just as repetitive and boring as seeing your opponent execute you the same two ways every time. If you give everyone the ability to randomize executions, and add that to the different hero variety, we'll be getting a plethora of different execution styles in each game, which would really spice up these matches.

How you implement the randomized executions can be done a couple different ways. Players could simply set all executions to "Random," and we just click a button to initiate it. OR you could simply button map it along with the others. X or Y set to random? Maybe add a new button option, so players can maintain control of the two initial pre-assigned executions, and add that additional button to map a random option. Lots of different ways to make this work.

P.S. - Keep adding new executions. They're a lot fo fun, and aside form hero unlocks, are really the main thing I spend my currency on.

Welcome to the forums, TheJoshDixon! Glad to hear you're enjoying the new Xbox One X patch on For Honor! We've seen the suggestion for randomized executions a number of times and we want players to have the option to see all the executions they have accumulated for their favorite heroes. Although there's not a random button yet, you can set up to four executions now in your hero customization menu. Additionally, we'll be sure to continue passing along the suggestion for a random button to the team.

TheJoshDixon
12-08-2017, 11:42 PM
Thank you for the speedy reply. Didn't know about the 2 cap being increased to 4. Definitely an improvement. I'm still totally in favor of some sort of randomized execution implementation in the future. Keep up the good work.