PDA

View Full Version : Who would you play?

Ganet2
12-08-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm somewhat curious to hear what other people might play in beyond good and evil 2. Would you be human or hybrid? Would you be a callous and cruel pirate or one with a strong moral code or philosophy? What would the story be of said character.

Perhaps even describe the kind of crew, ship, fighter or such? What clothing or weapons would you use?

KIERROK
12-09-2017, 06:50 AM
I'll be a hybrid but I'm not sure what species will be playable. If playable a bull, canine, shark, lizard, or a feline are the main choices. As for what type of pirate, I'd be philosophical. I'd want to be a savor of slaves. I can't go too much into a backstory until I know more lore and know what character I can create. As for what I would wear, it'd something tribal, like native American. I'd use sniper rifles, knifes/swords/claws, and bow.

Ganet2
12-09-2017, 12:38 PM
A fair point. We have no real idea on how many pecies they'll add. Most of what's been shown has been seen in the original species wise. Not all of them since they haven't shown goats or avians yet.

My personal pick for a start would be a human. I'd probably play a hybrid at some point though for a completely different perspective. I love that variety and I'd not be one to squander it. Philosophy wise I'd say my human character would be about assisting those in need if they can't help themselves. Always there to support his crew in the pursuit of freedom. As for a hybrid I think I'd possibly play them as a bit of a nihilist. Not a choatic nihilist out to kill all but certainly with the view that not a whole lot matters but still spurred on by the instinct to survive.

AlexandaBleak
12-09-2017, 03:20 PM
i think i would play a hybrid, either a reptile or a feline, and is be the freedom fighter sort of player, doing everything i can to stick it to the bad guys and save lives, i think i might also want to try and play as nonviolently as possible, sneaking around and stuff like in the first game, as for like what weapons id use i think id go for like some silent stun guns for range ans martial arts for close combat

KIERROK
12-09-2017, 10:05 PM
I forgot I wrote this. You can find the type of pirate I would be on Beyond Good & Evil 2 here https://bgegame.com/2017/10/06/devs-ask-space-monkeys-2/#comment-3535 I'm not sure if it was clear, but the "lass/lad" part, was a crude joke. Just being a smartass lol

Don't get me wrong, Ganet. These are awesome questions, and while it's too early, it shows how excited you are. I love to RP, and always make backstories for my RPG/RPGMMO characters. I RP a Shadowscale Argonian in every Elder Scrolls, with my Online character being ancestor to my characters from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim. I use to RP a male Miqo'te pirate in FFXIV. I also would RP a Dragonborn in DnD Neverwinter. I could give you a 20 page backstory. I don't know what hybrid I'll play. The only thing we have to go off of is the latest Twitch video, showing character design. It looks like it, but I hope we can make our hybrids skinny, and not forced to be pungy. The heavy-set look is too "Eh" for me... I see too much, every morning, in the bathroom mirror. But yeah, my choices of a hybrid would either a bull, a shark, a reptile, a canine, or a feline. With all the games that have us be humans, it got boring. I like being the underdog. Someone they never expected to be a hero, that would skyrocket the rest of the underdog races.

KIERROK
12-31-2017, 01:40 AM
I finally came up with a story for my character. Depending on what game, it's 2385 (BGE2) to 2435 (BGE1). Like today, history gets distorted as time goes by. In 2385-2435 people might think our work of fiction, like movies tv shows or books, were real things that happened. So I used that as leverage to make a background story. I may change completely or only alter slightly, just depends on new information. As of right now "This my story and I'm sticking to it"

My character will be a shark hybrid, named Verg. He wasn't born a hybrid but he was created in a lab. His creator ("father"), Dr. Zyus, used his own DNA to create Verg, as Dr. Zyus couldn't have children of his own. The doctor was inspired to create Verg, after he found a working 435-437 year old data file. Most of its data was corrupted but what little Dr. Zyus could extract, was from an old anime called Blue Submarine no. 6 (If an anime watcher, I recommend watching this 4 part mini-series. CG is dated but in 1998-2000 it was the next level). Dr. Zyus thought he was watching a documentary about an ancient war, between humans and the first hybrids. The leader of the hybrids was a shark, named Verg. Zyus had hoped that his son would bring peace between humans and hybrids of today. Dr. Zyus raised Verg as best as he could, despite the sht pay and constant belittling from the human children.

Sadly, by the time of Verg's 12th birthday, his life would be turned upside. The corporation, his father worked for, tried to take Verg away and sell him to labor camp. However, Dr. Zyus' refusal to tell the corporation where he hid Verg, ultimately lead to him being beaten to death by the corporation's hired muscle. Verg was given to a friend of his father's, who ran an orphanage. Verg hated it at the orphanage and tried to escape on several occasions, but every time was caught and brought back. When he was 16, he finally successfully escaped and joined a small street gang, going by the nickname "The Street Shark". The only thing Verg owns that he values most, is a holo-locket of his father. It's because of his father he believes not all humans are bad, and despite being pushed around as a child by the other children. Verg vowels to destroy the corporations that harm families, human or hybrid.

The-Pancaker
01-08-2018, 05:41 PM
I just replied on the bgegame.com but this topic fits with my previous answer.

I would play hybrid because I believe there is so much more to learn as life experience moral, etc. to gain (if the game allows it ;D).

As an hybrid, becoming a pirate would be because of the choice I could not take, being this person without choosing it and being judged for it. I would become pirate because I refuse to be submitted any longer and suffer like the people I grew up with.
Rebellion against the system. "I have a dream" said my best friend while my mentor was stopping eating to fight against what anyone else thought impossible to beat. I won't have the patience as non violent as the two famous icon I just cited. I will want action and, without being pure evil, will act against the oppressors or corruption still present in those two worlds...
And more than everything I want to know who was sick enough to start manipulate the innocence of animals in nature with the curiousity of human beings. Am I the son of my parents or another fertilized creation injected in what I assume my parents...
And whoever those madmen are, they will regret toying with Mother Nature, my true but disregarded ancestor, just in order to fulfill their laziest desires...

Sorry guys, I felt inspired.
Something I noticed in the trailer is that the hybrids seem all used to be who they are. Knowing where I come from and being judged for it, I might have a grunge. Not against humans, because I would be as racist as the evil creators but against those who've done it.

By the way, for the game, it should not be called racism but speciesism.

Wow, before bed time (GTM +5), inspiration raises.

Ohw and what kind of hybrid I would play? I've noticed no birds have been introduced (yet) but an owl would be my choice out of anything else. I was created for night surveillance... but looking at the disgust from the person I was meant to protect, that was the last drop.

I should go to bed before I write another paragraph...

KIERROK
01-08-2018, 08:09 PM
No birdies as of right now for BGE 2, but there was a stork mailman(bird?) in the original BGE.

Ganet2
01-09-2018, 12:21 AM
It could be possible... right now just about anything is possible. We can but make our suggestions and voice our hopes to the community managers and devs. Part of the purpose of the Space Monkey Program, no?

KIERROK
01-09-2018, 02:43 AM
That's why I love being a Space Monkey. Because we can voice our opinions.

The-Pancaker
01-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Yes indeed.
Funny that you reacted on the birdy and not the rest. At least you read it through. Thanks ;)

KIERROK
01-09-2018, 08:31 PM
Yes indeed.
Funny that you reacted on the birdy and not the rest. At least you read it through. Thanks ;)

Sorry, I think I was busy at that moment, had to go to town, so I quickly made a reply. But I honestly liked your story ^^

Ganet2
01-10-2018, 12:13 AM
As a hybrid though wouldn't you be considered an offshoot of humanity. Besides race pertains to a completely different species to ones own anyway. So Racism would still be the term I'd think... but I don't know.

As for stories, yes. I gave it a read. Nice idea. Could I interest any of you in continuing the story... over here? https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1803667-Continue-the-Story!-Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-Story-Game

Up to you guys. Just thought this idea by Iris network deserved a proper go. No worries if you're not interested.

Hm... I really hope to hear from them soon on more news but that's just me getting over excited. =w=

KIERROK
01-10-2018, 01:09 AM
I wanted to add to the story, but I'm not sure what to put :(

I had hoped there was new info, too. Because it's been a month since last drop.

Ganet2
01-10-2018, 09:44 AM
Oh don't worry too much. If you can't think of anything it's fine. But if you can seriously go ahead. It's a bit of fun as well you know?

As for info yeah... shame that christmas and new year were both in the way there really. They'll probably have taken those off for holidays. Everyone needs a break to be fair.

The-Pancaker
01-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Oh don't worry too much. If you can't think of anything it's fine. But if you can seriously go ahead. It's a bit of fun as well you know?

I agree, feels like a board game evening... those type of game if story telling always goes quite well and far. Everyone shares a common imagination... I just put my share of the story... this can go anywhere... :)

IT-Tom
02-02-2018, 11:12 PM
Definitely a hybrid. A good one I think :p

Hunterz_Spirit
02-03-2018, 10:38 AM
I think, I'd play twice: once as a human and once as a hybrid. This way I would be able to understand both points of view. If there is an option I would be some kind of dog (husky) hybrid. I am not pacifist but my way is definitely diplomacy. Why would you kill if you can make a deal?) And, of course, I will deeply care about my crew.

browntoya
02-07-2018, 02:02 PM
For my opinion, I would play a hybrid which is half human, half feline.

kenonu
02-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Well I think majority of people would play as the monkey, I would most rather play as a pirate hunting treasures rather than terrorizing the world, only if need be

atubaboun
02-08-2018, 10:18 PM
I'd be eitheir slim & fast, as a hybrid-snake, gecko or small primate.
Or a tall, like really tall & heavy, brutish guy, either human or part bull, or bear, or gorilla.

DevilmanSinner
02-12-2018, 02:43 AM
I'm absolutely playing as a hybrid. I want very much to have goat, feline, and chamaeleon DNA (we can mix more than one right?).
Will there be different beginning chapters for your character? My idea for a backstory though:
After being subjected to years of torturous experiments, forced compliance in corporate espionage, sabotage, and mercenary contracts...I've had enough. There's no more to learn. On a certain mission, I come across a merc also planning an escape from a different lab. They are younger and they'll need my help. So I resolve to use my skills and escape from my small lab, destroying it, my creators, and setting my few "siblings" free as well. My next stop, to free my young merc.

Some things I am curious about:

Will some hybrids allow our character to run unarmed on all fours?

Will hybrids have nonhuman limb options? Newt legs? Goat legs? Hooves? Webbed feet?

How about secondary genetic options? Like chamaeleon DNA for stealth? Night vision from a feline? Natural breathing underwater?