PDA

View Full Version : Level 4 bots option please

SlashingElbow
12-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Level 3 bots are getting very predictable and easy to beat. I like doing the orders vs ai since we still get disconnected all the time without keeping our earned renown. Could wehave a option to have level 4 bots to get some challenge in ai?

Ackturi
12-08-2017, 08:35 PM
They just reduced the amount of level 3 bots there are because people complained they were too hard. Lol I doubt they'll add a harder one.

bob333e
12-08-2017, 08:37 PM
I think it would be best if level 4 bots were added after they allow players to manually select bot difficulty in PvAI while matchmaking is set to off, in 'Parameters' (and in Custom Match of course). Because as it is, many players are frustrated dealing with level 3 bots; level 4 bots certainly won't chill everyone out haha. Especially considering that many people play in PvAI just to farm orders (I do this as well, mostly because of the PvP connectivity issues).

Additionally, if level 4 bots are ever introduced, they should only show up in PvP when they replace mid-match quitters or empty seats during matchmaking, for players who have like, overall rep80+, and overall K/D 2.0 and above maybe. Because then these players will have no excuse to complain about those bots. It should also help in solving the afk farming problem.

But yeah, level 4 bots would be nice. I've gotten used to many of the heroes at level 3. I play a lot of PvAI.

SlashingElbow
12-08-2017, 08:43 PM
did they really remove some od the level 3 bots?:( this game is getting worse and worse and only a spamfest without skills because all the extremely low skilled player wantinf to nerf anything, wish u would make a pro version and a casual/newb version of this game

bob333e
12-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Technically, they reduced the rate at which level 3 bots show up; however it's still a bit higher than pre-Season 4. The difficulty of the level 3 bots themselves remained untouched.

GMG Peter
12-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Week before I was one of the people saying that these new lvl 3 bots were to much. I even made a thread on it I think.
But now after a week I must admit that I got very adopted to them.

They forced me to, bcs I did so much wanted to slaughter every bot then, that I had to push myself and overcome them.
They basically made me CGB god, block god and made me much better at faints and parries.
I can now behave almost like them sometimes.

I personally would love some "hardcore " lvl 4 bots testing very limits of human reflex and precognition abilities.

But as Fady117 said, option to choose level (or level range) of bots before the match would be incredibly useful aka the newer or occasional players wouldn't be slaughtered by them.

UbiInsulin
12-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Week before I was one of the people saying that these new lvl 3 bots were to much. I even made a thread on it I think.
But now after a week I must admit that I got very adopted to them.

They forced me to, bcs I did so much wanted to slaughter every bot then, that I had to push myself and overcome them.
They basically made me CGB god, block god and made me much better at faints and parries.
I can now behave almost like them sometimes.

I personally would love some "hardcore " lvl 4 bots testing very limits of human reflex and precognition abilities.

But as Fady117 said, option to choose level (or level range) of bots before the match would be incredibly useful aka the newer or occasional players wouldn't be slaughtered by them.

It's awesome to hear that the level 3 bots have enabled you to push yourself and improve. :) I don't know of any plans for even harder bots, but I can pass the request along.

Technically, they reduced the rate at which level 3 bots show up; however it's still a bit higher than pre-Season 4. The difficulty of the level 3 bots themselves remained untouched.

Yes, this is the present situation as I understand it.

David_gorda
12-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Some Of the lvl 3 bots are really easy, like the berserker, you can just bait him to donhis jump attack if you put guard to Any side and parry. Hard to attack though since the boots can parry and deflect better then any human. Against a lvl 4 bot it would be impossible to attack basicly and only try parry his attacks.

GMG Peter
12-08-2017, 11:43 PM
It's awesome to hear that the level 3 bots have enabled you to push yourself and improve. :) I don't know of any plans for even harder bots, but I can pass the request along.

Yes, this is the present situation as I understand it.

Thank you for the quick response. :) From retrospective they really were a new and worthy challenge, even to us players that are long in the game.

CandleInTheDark
12-09-2017, 12:06 AM
Don't level 3 bots already read your input and react to that before any human could? I am not sure how the devs could make the bots harder without making their moves faster/do more damage outside programming them to use exploits,unlocks or, as many players do, use a fraction of their kit.

bob333e
12-09-2017, 12:18 AM
Don't level 3 bots already read your input and react to that before any human could? I am not sure how the devs could make the bots harder without making their moves faster/do more damage outside programming them to use exploits,unlocks or, as many players do, use a fraction of their kit.

Ideally, they could make the level 4 bots the 'more aggressive variants' of the level 3 bots, I noticed that with level 3 bots, they tend to calm down a little if you just wait for an attack; with level 4 bots, they'll just whack at you, AND read your inputs.

The second sentence sparked a small idea.... personally, as a Warden, I'd love to fight a 'boss' Warden bot. A Warden bot that has at least double HP as the normal Warden, can deal more damage than you, and even wears different, unacquirable gear. Sort of like an Apollyon bot, but, moveset stays the same as yours, because it's essentially training; if the moveset varies (such as Apollyon's own moveset) it would render the training somewhat obsolete for PvP.

Just random thoughts. But I'd definitely like the idea of boss bots. And these boss bots being the level 4, and the level cap for AI difficulty. Fully arching into unfair territory.

I'm crazy. I know. :D

Shawn2572013
12-09-2017, 01:40 AM
They had first raised they amount of level 3 bots on the field to 20%. Then lower tier players felt it was too much for them. That when they decided to scale it back to 10% level 3s. But that is still more than before from what I understand.

I for one would like it back to 20%

Shawn2572013
12-09-2017, 01:41 AM
I'd be good with some level 4 bots and added XP & steel to go along with the difficulty.

AkenoKobayashi
12-09-2017, 04:30 AM
Level 3s are the warm waters of the vs AI game modes. Level 4 is too hot, and level 2 is uncomfortably cold.

Plutonium Bug
12-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Did some brawls against AI yesterday with a rep 100+ as my team mate and we won every single game against level 3s and then a Shaman level 3....wtf no chance we got absolutely destroyed. Imagine a level 4 Shaman lol. Tone Shaman down a bit and we will be alright.

bob333e
12-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Did some brawls against AI yesterday with a rep 100+ as my team mate and we won every single game against level 3s and then a Shaman level 3....wtf no chance we got absolutely destroyed. Imagine a level 4 Shaman lol. Tone Shaman down a bit and we will be alright.

Shaman and Aramusha level 3 bots are fine as-is; players are only not quite used to them yet. Remember, against Shaman, conventional methods (pertaining to whatever hero you were using) don't really always work, you must adapt to her speed to keep the upper hand. Bait often, feint often. Don't directly attack with random jabs hoping for free damage. And always be mindful if you've been bled, look out for the Predator's Mercy, telegraphed by seeing her sheathing her weapons and crouching a little. You can interrupt it with a quick light, but you have to know beforehand that she's attempting Predator's Mercy.

Concerning Aramusha, try not to eat a Blade Blockade because he can punish fairly well if he Blade Blockades you. Feint heavies more. And if you start seeing his top-side-feint-side mixup, roll away. Attempting to block/parry is difficult and will take time to really get down the timing. If you have an assassin, use dodge attacks. Blocking is even more difficult with assassins.

Take level 3 bots seriously. Especially Shaman and Aramusha. (Also Conqueror because he'll block almost every attack and counter back.)