PDA

View Full Version : Issues with PVP only

RedrumExcision
12-08-2017, 06:34 PM
First of all, hello to everyone.

I do not want to get into issues with whole game. There are too many to count them in one thread, so I'll just list couple of issues with pvp.

I think I do not need to talk about issue with cheaters, right ? I think every single one of you probably face at least 3-4 per day. That is an obvious thing they need to fix.

2nd thing is matchmaking. It is so poorly done. I am level 6 and I am on rank 18-19 constantly and can't get to rank 20 because game always match me with far stronger players e.g. level 8 or above. Actually I face at least 5 level 9-10 guys today. I feel good when I beat them, but most of the time they have far stronger cards and know what to do. That is obvious I mean. And also it quite often match me with guys who are on rank 22-23 in pvp. I have no clue what is the logic behind their matchmaking. Why don't you match me with level 4 or 5 guys ? Or level 2-3 if you match me with guys who are 3-4 levels over me. Matchmaking is so unfair when you consider other issues I am going to write below.

3rd issue being star losing system in pvp. Ok so you do not know how to fix issue with cheaters nor matchmaking ? Then at least remove that star losing system so players do not lose nerves because they are constantly falling in ranks unfairly. It is frustrating when you win 10 fights but you're still on the same rank because you are losing those stars when they match you versus much stronger players or cheaters. I am not saying that I never lose from guys who are same rank as me or one above. But I personally win 80 % of the time. This realy needs to be fixed. I mean what do you expect ? That people are willing to play your game for hours a day ? If you think so then screw you. I started playing this game maybe month ago, and I do not know if that star losing system was there from beginning or they introduced it because of cheaters (I read that they used multi drive on NOX to match two of their accounts in order to easily advance through ranks). Even if they introduced that system because of that, rather leave it like that so people do not have urge to use speedhack, than screwing rest of honest players.

4th issue is also pretty obvious one. They do not reward you enough for **** you have to go through in PvP. You are losing starts, matched against stronger opponents or cheaters, you are losing nerves and time just to advance through one or two ranks, and what do you get ? 10 cash ? 50 coins ? 3 indian feathers ? For ****' sake. The basics of human psychology says that people are going to repeat their behaviour and that they will like something more if they are positively rewarded for their efforts and for that behaviour. In other words people are going to like your game more and play your game more if you reward them fairly for the effort they put into your game. I mean, PvP is only worth to play because of that PvP pack. Nothing is worth beside that. I mean I know that EA is your competition for worst video game company out there but I think that you should finally realise that you do not need to compete with EA for worst company. Better thing to do is to forget about EA and improve your games and opinions of your customers.

5th issue is also pretty obvious one. You are forced to play PvP. Ok, you force players to play your not so great PvP mode. Well if you force them to play than at least try to make that game mode, you constantly force, enjoyable. It is probably enjoyable for all your sugar daddies out there who are constantly spending money on your game, but you need to think about other players who are not willing or can't afford to spend money on it who are most probably majority of your customers.

I am sure there are some more issues with PvP but I am already bored by typing. I realy hope that you are going to read this thread and try to fix the issue.

And for you guys, players and members of the forum reading this, if you have something to save, some thoughts about all this, some other issues you want to share, feel free to share them.

nik_lin
12-10-2017, 08:04 PM
2nd thing is matchmaking. It is so poorly done. I am level 6 and I am on rank 18-19 constantly and can't get to rank 20 because game always match me with far stronger players e.g. level 8 or above. Actually I face at least 5 level 9-10 guys today. I feel good when I beat them, but most of the time they have far stronger cards and know what to do. That is obvious I mean. And also it quite often match me with guys who are on rank 22-23 in pvp. I have no clue what is the logic behind their matchmaking. Why don't you match me with level 4 or 5 guys ? Or level 2-3 if you match me with guys who are 3-4 levels over me. Matchmaking is so unfair when you consider other issues I am going to write below.

Pretty sure matchmaking follows your PvP rank primarily, not your level. That means, if you have reached a PvP rank where most people are several levels above you, then they are the ones you will be playing against. Keep playing the game, open packs, level up yourself and it will get easier.

Not sure why many new players are expecting to reach the top PvP ranks without ever getting stuck though... The game is relying a lot on your card levels, and it takes time to level them up. Many people have been playing since the beta. And subsequent player levels take more upgrades to reach, so its fully possible someone who has 2-3 levels more than you may have spent twice the time in the game, learning strategies, upgrading cards, getting epics and legendaries from packs, etc.

The reason for losing stars is to make sure players like you, who obviously have advanced "too far, too fast" for his/her level dont get stuck up there getting shafted all the time. If you lose enough games you will drop down to where guys your own level are playing, instead of getting stuck at whatever was the highest level you ever managed to reach. And it has been in the game for a long time, nothing to do with people cheating.

I agree that the game has a lot of issues in PvP, especially when it comes to the annoying lag when facing players with crappy connections (when you are on a good WiFi yourself) and - at least in the past - with obvious cheaters.

I do - however - get the feeling that a lot of players dont pay attention to the level system involved... Higher levels means better cards. Better cards means tipping the balance in your advantage at critical points in the game. Tipping the balance means winning the match. Sadly, some players completely ignore the levels involved and as soon as they lose a PvP match get convinced the other player must be a cheater simply because they lost. But in a 1 vs 1 game, one of the players always has to lose (unless its a rare draw). I can get really annoyed when I lose, especially if its due to lag and other nonsense, but really... You cant expect to ever win them all. If you are above 50% wins then thats still good (out of a purely statistic perspective).

What many people dislike about this entire setup is the fact that you can pay real money to get more card packs, coins, etc in the game, and reach higher levels, so its basically P2W unless you spend a lot of time and patience in the game, and even so you will never become the best of them all unless you are willing to fork out the cash needed. But that is a different issue...