PDA

View Full Version : Saitek x45

bhunter2112
06-23-2004, 06:26 PM
does the saitek x 45 need foot pedals? I am about to upgrade from a microsoft sidewinder 2. anyone with some info?

bhunter2112
06-23-2004, 06:26 PM
does the saitek x 45 need foot pedals? I am about to upgrade from a microsoft sidewinder 2. anyone with some info?

_VR_ScorpionWorm
06-23-2004, 06:29 PM
The X45 has a rocker rudder on the throttle, takes a bit to get used to...or you can spend the cash for some CH Pro pedals.

"Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary force:
You are about to embark upon a Great Crusade toward which we have strived these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking" - Gen. Dwight D. Eiseinhower-Supreme Allied Commander.

www.vultures-row.com (http://www.vultures-row.com)

LeChuck59
06-23-2004, 06:30 PM
The X45 doesn't, it's got rudder contol built into the throttle. So the question is, do <i>you</i> need pedals? If you dislike the rudder rocker on the X45, the answer is yes. If you're fine with it, like I am, then no, you don't need pedals. The pedals add to the immersion, or so I'm told, but that's another issue.

bhunter2112
06-23-2004, 06:39 PM
thank you for the quick reply. as usual this board is a wealth of info. I will order the controller on amazon.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
06-23-2004, 07:41 PM
I have had the x45 for some time and I gota admit I really dont get on with the rocker and find it a real pain on take off and landings. Its a great stick despite this and if I hadnt found a cheap pair of ch pedals on ebay I prolly would have continued to live with it. I think though that pedals are an inevitable upgrade for long term flight siming. Once I get my pedals sorted I will prolly set the rocker to control left and right head movement until I can scrape enough cash for track ir as it works pretty well for this function.