PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer heavy heavy combo maybe

KSI_TheMadKing
12-08-2017, 08:15 AM
I just feel his combos could use one is all. But what do I know.

ChampionRuby50g
12-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Well, he kinda does technically. He has heavy after shove, which if you heavy again turns into an unblock able that can be feinted.

KSI_TheMadKing
12-08-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm talking more of a combo that's in the game. Not one that is technically one.cuz technically the warden has an infinite combo.

UbiJurassic
12-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Can't say I've heard this suggestion brought up before. Would any of our other Lawbringer players like to weigh in? :)

masen9999
12-08-2017, 10:39 PM
it would be amazing

KSI_TheMadKing
12-09-2017, 02:20 AM
I am one and I think it's needed.

D-d0g56
12-09-2017, 03:23 AM
Can't say I've heard this suggestion brought up before. Would any of our other Lawbringer players like to weigh in? :)

Personally, I wouldn't care for it and there would be a lot of complaints about it. It wouldn't add to his ability to open up his opponent, as mentioned before shove heavy, heavy already exists and can be started from heavy. So he already has a heavy heavy combo, all of which can feinted into GB. Put it like this, how often are raider's heavy, heavy combo used. LB had to be given light after shove for a reason. He would actually benefit more from a light, light combo. PKs dance around LBs because on reading the first attack they know that a light can't be followed unless the first attack was a heavy. It's a hole in his defense he suffers from that characters with dodge attacks exploit.

The reason why so many people will still complain about the power of this attack is because heavy, heavy feint heavy is an extremely powerful tool after GB someone, when messing with parry timings. This happens to be orochi's only good mix up. And as powerful as it is, just like orochi, it doesn't help him open someone up.

nabT
12-09-2017, 11:18 AM
I can confirm. I would like LB to get some light, light combo instead of heavy, due to his heavies can be parried easly. In time of light spam, which can stop LB while swinging, heavies can be useed only after gb or shove.

But the most thing I wish LB to get is some kind of an opener. Shove has a very short range, so many assassins are just flying around, like flys around piece of st. It is hard to get in their range to fight them, mainly shinobi. When you play against skilled players then this ends in a kind of cat and mouse game.
This opener should not deal a lot of damage, it should just increase mobility a bit.

KSI_TheMadKing
12-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Personally, I wouldn't care for it and there would be a lot of complaints about it. It wouldn't add to his ability to open up his opponent, as mentioned before shove heavy, heavy already exists and can be started from heavy. So he already has a heavy heavy combo, all of which can feinted into GB. Put it like this, how often are raider's heavy, heavy combo used. LB had to be given light after shove for a reason. He would actually benefit more from a light, light combo. PKs dance around LBs because on reading the first attack they know that a light can't be followed unless the first attack was a heavy. It's a hole in his defense he suffers from that characters with dodge attacks exploit.

The reason why so many people will still complain about the power of this attack is because heavy, heavy feint heavy is an extremely powerful tool after GB someone, when messing with parry timings. This happens to be orochi's only good mix up. And as powerful as it is, just like orochi, it doesn't help him open someone up.

I agree with the light light combo, I would rather have a heavy heavy combo. I also said I don't count the shove heavy as a heavy heavy combo. Its also easily blocked and or Parryed. By your logic it is also an infinite combo. I also don't find PK to be that bad to fight against and I play on Xbox. also dont see many of them but thats a different story all together. You also say people will complain about it even though you have no idea how it will work. I don't see how it is bad at all. It opens up turtles only going for the Parry and give you more of an options after your first heavy. I get my second light Parryed after the first heavy all the time. I'm always worried when I throw it out. If you could throw a heavy after the first one it would give more options. People don't have to go for the parry. Also they way you talked it sounded like you don't play him that much (I could be wrong) but what hero do you play?

D-d0g56
12-10-2017, 12:49 AM
I agree with the light light combo, I would rather have a heavy heavy combo. I also said I don't count the shove heavy as a heavy heavy combo. Its also easily blocked and or Parryed. By your logic it is also an infinite combo.

But it is infinite, but infinite doesn't mean guaranteed. Making a combo heavy heavy wont resolve the issue of it being easily parried/blocked. If anything a light light combo would be better for that.

I also don't find PK to be that bad to fight against and I play on Xbox. also dont see many of them but thats a different story all together.

I play on PS4, how bad she is depends on how knowledgeable your opponent is.

You also say people will complain about it even though you have no idea how it will work. I don't see how it is bad at all. It opens up turtles only going for the Parry and give you more of an options after your first heavy. I get my second light Parryed after the first heavy all the time. I'm always worried when I throw it out. If you could throw a heavy after the first one it would give more options. People don't have to go for the parry.

I have played other characters that have this mix up, and I can absolutely vouch for its effectiveness. It is one of the easiest ways of breaking down an opponent after getting guaranteed damage off GB. How effect it is for LB depends on how fast the follow up heavy is and how readable it is. But regardless, all heavies except maybe centurions are extremely easy to react to. So as for the beginning opener, it won't help him.

Also they way you talked it sounded like you don't play him that much (I could be wrong) but what hero do you play?

I'm a rep 40 LB, and as it happens the worlds first rep 40 period. I have played some of the most high level games and believe me, in this case PK is a bad match up against LB. An easy tactic for PK is simply back dash on reading a light and then wait for the follow up heavy to be either executed/feinted and then dodge attack. Even if it's feinted into GB, PK will gain immunity granting a free hit. The only option after the first light for LB is to do nothing and then block for shove for a light/GB that can both be avoided using dodge attack. A light light combo will allow for LB to trick a PK to land inside the attack forcing PK to then actually use her kit and then a mind game of good reads and guess work can presume. But really, all heroes with a dodge attack can be used in this way against LB.

KSI_TheMadKing
12-10-2017, 06:45 AM
I have played other characters that have this mix up, and I can absolutely vouch for its effectiveness. It is one of the easiest ways of breaking down an opponent after getting guaranteed damage off GB. How effect it is for LB depends on how fast the follow up heavy is and how readable it is. But regardless, all heavies except maybe centurions are extremely easy to react to. So as for the beginning opener, it won't help.

I'm not asking for an opener, I'm asking for more if a kit for him to use him in a fight. Most of his combos are not that effective and he relies mainly on his shove. I'm find myself using heavy faint into light. The only time I use an actual combo is Swift Justice finisher. That doesn't always connect 100% of the time. I also use judge jury executioner. Mainly for a ground punish (some people do others I know that) It's just not a lot.

I'm a rep 40 LB, and as it happens the worlds first rep 40 period. I have played some of the most high level games and believe me, in this case PK is a bad match up against LB. An easy tactic for PK is simply back dash on reading a light and then wait for the follow up heavy to be either executed/feinted and then dodge attack. Even if it's feinted into GB, PK will gain immunity granting a free hit. The only option after the first light for LB is to do nothing and then block for shove for a light/GB that can both be avoided using dodge attack. A light light combo will allow for LB to trick a PK to land inside the attack forcing PK to then actually use her kit and then a mind game of good reads and guess work can presume. But really, all heroes with a dodge attack can be used in this way against LB.

Ok so like first off how do you judge you the first rep 40 ever. Like I could buy a lot of things but not that. If that is the case and I'm wrong get job or something. I have played the top player on Xbox and believe me PK while hard to fight against at high lvl I do not think it's a bad match up. Conc is the worst to fight against. But that can very per person.You can always throw out a heavy any have the Dodge attack and get that easy Perry off.

grossbelly
12-10-2017, 06:55 AM
I don't play LB but one thing I have noticed is that LBs don't have much variety in what they could do. Kinda boring to watch and fight. Something new for him would be great. LB has my favorite aesthetic in the game, I would like to see a little more flair in his fighting style as someone who fights them. With him being so big its real weird watching him win with lights and shoves. I want to fight something scary, like the old Cent or a real good Shugoki.

D-d0g56
12-10-2017, 03:21 PM
I'm not asking for an opener, I'm asking for more if a kit for him to use him in a fight. Most of his combos are not that effective and he relies mainly on his shove. I'm find myself using heavy faint into light. The only time I use an actual combo is Swift Justice finisher. That doesn't always connect 100% of the time. I also use judge jury executioner. Mainly for a ground punish (some people do others I know that) It's just not a lot.

I know you weren't asking for an opener. But he can rely of his feint game pretty effectively, he's at his worst when he actually commits to his heavies. Which is why adding more heavies will go unnoticed to most LBs that use him.

Ok so like first off how do you judge you the first rep 40 ever. Like I could buy a lot of things but not that. If that is the case and I'm wrong get job or something. I have played the top player on Xbox and believe me PK while hard to fight against at high lvl I do not think it's a bad match up. Conc is the worst to fight against. But that can very per person.You can always throw out a heavy any have the Dodge attack and get that easy Perry off.

ok, really. Pics or it didn't happen I guess.
https://imgur.com/a/xNZ3p

Also the runner up of the race at that time.
https://imgur.com/a/qHjvd

Also, I'm self employed, I choose my own hours of work. But thanks for caring about my finical situation so dearingly. Personally I don't believe the argument of authority is a valid one, I've never accepted it and don't believe that it could even apply to a game like for honor where a game of this kind has only existed for less than a year. However I can say that you're absolutely wrong about me in every way.

However, back to the topic at hand. Throwing out heavy against a PK is asking for trouble, even if you're trying to deliberately make her land inside the attack as you described. I have had many assassins (Not just PKs) who have evaded the attack on landing using deflect for free GB. And that's not an uncommon counter solution. Pretty much any assassin worth their salt can do that consistently.

Illyrian_King
12-10-2017, 03:43 PM
I would hope to see somewhen a Lawbringer attack/ability where he uses his halberd more as a pike then an axe ... like a defensive stance where he can swiftly thrust and use it as a hook to mix up his enemies :rolleyes:

AND/OR

An unblockable swing to his oponents legs, which causes him to fall down and deals nice damage.

Both are authentic ways to use a halberd/poleaxe, which where applied in medieval ages!

But just a simple heavy --> heavy attack wouldn't help at all, because LB heavies get parried MOST TIMES ... or you add a mechanic where some heroes can just parry heroes of their own "weight class", which would reduce that parry risk a lot for LB